Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    [insert random "sinking ship" assumption for a person I pretend to know]

I'd love to know how many of the morons posting here and elsewhere about "shitty Diablo 3 features" being added into WoW have actually played Legion Beta for more than 10 minutes to have some legitimate fucking information from which to develop their shitty opinion.

Same for the idiots spouting "good riddance" drivel. Maybe he wasn't a great team member, maybe he was, either way, you have no fucking clue what the truth is because you don't work at Blizzard. You've no right to make such assumptions, asshats.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazmosis View Post
    [insert random "sinking ship" assumption for a person I pretend to know]
    I could post a picture of one if it would help?

He fucked up Diablo(3), Titan got canceled after he got involved in team (after diablo failure) then he was moved to WoW (WoD), million dollar question, see the pattern? Diablo franchise - semi ruined, TItan - canceled, WoD - lowest sub number, hell they even canceled announcing sub numbers. Ok, i cant say i know the level of participation in TItan and WoW, but considering he was D3 DIRECTOR its safe to assume he had high ranking in these two franchieses as well. This guy probably had some sick connections.

When legion fails MMo-c will use the excuse "b-b-but that was all Jay Wilsons fault!! N-N-Next Expansion will be better!"

Quote Originally Posted by Die Hard View Post
    He fucked up Diablo(3), Titan got canceled after he got involved in team (after diablo failure) then he was moved to WoW (WoD), million dollar question, see the pattern? Diablo franchise - semi ruined, TItan - canceled, WoD - lowest sub number, hell they even canceled announcing sub numbers. Ok, i cant say i know the level of participation in TItan and WoW, but considering he was D3 DIRECTOR its safe to assume he had high ranking in these two franchieses as well. This guy probably had some sick connections.
    Or you know Titan was cancelled because they didn't find it feasible maintaining 2 mmos? Also if you really think he alone was responsible for WoD then that tinfoil hat must be glued to your damn head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good fucking news.

Impressive that so many people seem to think the unpopular game decisions were made by ONE MAN.

In the realm of reality (where most of us live), gaming decisions were made by a team of people . The decisions were then sent to the higher-ups to veto or approve.
    So if you want to believe that one man leaving is cause for celebration, then you go right ahead.

Dumbasses.

I am very happy that he's leaving but still wish him well in the future with what he wants to do. While he's not the sole reason the games he touched turned to shit...It's still hard to say it was just coincidence that what he touched turned to shit.

David Brevik isn't making games anymore either. Just recently left Gazillion and Marvel Heroes.

Maybe him and Jay are off to a romantic getaway?

Good luck in his new career but I personally won't miss him and in fact I think the game will be better off now that he's gone
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    When legion fails MMo-c will use the excuse "b-b-but that was all Jay Wilsons fault!! N-N-Next Expansion will be better!"
    Good thing it won't. Tell me, have you played Beta yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    inB4 "DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM!" posts.
    . . . and conspira.....oh...nothing!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    The sad part is that Blizzard used to be a dream job to everyone, now seeing all these people leave makes me wonder how bad are things there right now.
    Well, imagine that you are a very creative person, and you go to work for a company, and it's a great job, and you work there for ten years, but the whole time you're there, you're only working on other people's ideas.

That's why Micky Nielson left. He wants to write his own stories, not just Warcraft and Starcraft stories.

Presumably Jay Wilson is in a similar boat, as he says he wants to pursue writing.

Deleted
    Hopefully his writing will not be as bad as in Diablo 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Looks like the haters will have to pick someone new to hate. Who are we going to blame for ruining the world (of warcraft) now? There must always be a scapegoat.
    I know who... name starts with a Cele...

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    I'm confused what you're trying to argue here. GC jumped ship at the end of WoD's development. A lot of people said he saw how shit WoD was and wanted out. Looking back at the turd of WoD it would appear that was the case and he made the right decision.
    End of WoDs development? He left before it even went into alpha.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    What exactly did Jay Wilson work on and why is he so hated?
    Diablo III. Many people attribute a lot of the faults the game at had with launch with decisions he made, and he certainly took responsiblity for them. He was moved from the D3 team to the WoW team and worked on Warlords of Draenor after that.

Of course, in the time since he left D3 that game has dramatically improved, while WoW has declined. So a lot of people will naturally see him as the common factor negatively impacting both games.

now celestalon and holinka need to follow

nobody cares about this guy... were you the janitor or something?