Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Or you know Titan was cancelled because they didn't find it feasible maintaining 2 mmos? Also if you really think he alone was responsible for WoD then that tinfoil hat must be glued to your damn head.
    That's not why it was cancelled. The alter ego gameplay was fun (overwatch) but the day to day regular person gameplay wasn't fun. Where you have a job and a family and all that. They tried to make it work and couldn't so they scrapped it and kept the overwatch crap.

I don't recognize this person, and so I am in no way interested by his life story.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Excellent news tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    inB4 "DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM!" posts.
    If anything this was a good sign hes leaving
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Not a good sign to have a WoW lead developer "leaving" blizzard right before Legion is out. They clearly know of the disaster that's coming. The 50% of the WoW user base that are PvP'ers will not be coming back, and I wonder how much of of the blame "Shut up PvP guy" Jay Wilson has created for himself. The only way the news could be better is if Holinka is the next to go.

I wish him well on his writing career, I really do, but sometimes firing someone is appropriate and this was appropriate as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    End of WoDs development? He left before it even went into alpha.
    The expansions are worked on years in advance. He was there at Blizzcon announcing it, looking very unthrilled to be there. He saw the shitshow and left. By the time it gets to alpha it's done, it's just being rolled out and tested at that point with some tweaking.

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Jesus people here are saying good riddance, and he sucked, and he was a mistake.

Can someone explain exactly why this guy is getting so much hate? I have no idea who he is or what he did >.<
    He was a scapegoat for everything Diablo 3 got wrong and ignored for the things it got right.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people hated Ghostcrawler and then missed him afterwards.

Will the same hold true for Jay Wilson?

Probably not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hate to say it but you know things aren't great when Jay Wilson is leaving too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    He was a scapegoat for everything Diablo 3 got wrong and ignored for the things it got right.
    Please tell me the things D3 got right that he was responsible for? Keeping in mind he had nothing to do with the patches that came after launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert View Post
    nobody cares about this guy... were you the janitor or something?
    He had an "Additional Designer" role in WoD after leading the disaster of Diablo 3 Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickabob View Post
    A lot of people hated Ghostcrawler and then missed him afterwards.

Will the same hold true for Jay Wilson?

Probably not.
    I, still, do not miss Ghostcrawler. Luckily he's learned from his arrogance and hubris, it appears.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish him all the best.

Being a useless game designer doesn't necessarily make him a bad guy. I can't judge him, because I've never met him. He was just in the wrong racket for a decade, and is now moving onto something that he seems to care about.

Good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post

Please tell me the things D3 got right that he was responsible for? Keeping in mind he had nothing to do with the patches that came after launch.
    Shared bank is a *really* fucking nice thing. I'd offer many carnal sins if WoW had something even remotely similar. Hell I'll settle for gold sharing and reagent sharing.

Good riddance. The damage has been done though. World of Diablocraft soon (30th August) in a shop near you!

10+ Year Old Account

Health orbs were his idea for instance.

Original Inferno being hard even if you were half decent geared and Monster Power.

I certainly won't be missing him after his asinine comments over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    That's because he was directly responsible for almost every bad part of D3. The only bad thing from D3 that wasn't his fault or his teams fault was the shitty launch and login fiasco. He is also one of the guys who has been causing the stagnation and shitty dev attitude from the WoW team. He should have been fired after screwing up Diablo so severely.

Now all we gotta do is get rid of Celestalon and get some decent team leads in their positions. Then I would have very little to complain about with Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    The expansions are worked on years in advance. He was there at Blizzcon announcing it, looking very unthrilled to be there. He saw the shitshow and left. By the time it gets to alpha it's done, it's just being rolled out and tested at that point with some tweaking.
    He's a dumbass then, WoW still isn't failing. Maybe he has a 10 year plan, right?

Also, Garrisons were WELL received during beta and the hype was insane.

was he the one responsible for coming up with the "story" about spacegoats crash-landing their mothership and that is how draenei became a playable race?