Poll: Who wins

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The final battle will between latino inquisition and Isis Empire.

We will hold the western values against the pagan hordes from the desert .

Ps: Brazilians don't see themselves as latinos, we consider ourselves white, black or mixed. Saying we are latinos, Is like saying the whole Unites States population belongs to only 1 race.
    Last edited by igualitarist; 2016-06-06 at 11:00 PM.

oi, where is the option for Hentai tentacle overlords???

15+ Year Old Account
    History is proof that such massive changes in the balance of power have resulted into war in 12 out of 16 cases in the past 500 years.

In the decade leading up to First World War, Germany’s defense spending rose by 64% and its economy grew 13%.

Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post

We we hold the western values against the pagan hordes from the desert.

Ps: Brazilians don't see themselves as latinos, we consider ourselves white, black or mixed. It's like saying the whole Unites States population belongs to only 1 race.
    I have a friend in Chile who is German. There are a lot of German immigrants in Chile. They definitely aren't latino either.

I also got the impression that South American countries aren't huge fans of each other in general.

15+ Year Old Account
    a) as everyone has pointed out, this is hilariously bad.

b) in terms of non-nuclear military strength, with good leadership the 'allied forces' could pretty much 'vs. all' the rest of the world. In terms of technology and professionalism, the 'allied forces' make much of the rest of the world look like when you Tech Rush in Civilization and get to late game a century or more ahead of others. There are lots of other factions with more troops, but logistically, technologically, professionally - they have no equal on the map.

Maybe if you split NA vs. EU, you might have an interesting discussion.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2016-06-06 at 11:04 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    I have a friend in Chile who is German. There are a lot of German immigrants in Chile. They definitely aren't latino either.

I also got the impression that South American countries aren't huge fans of each other in general.
    Eh we generally like each other. Save from some exceptions, for example Chile-Argentina, Chile-Bolivia, Peru-Ecuador, Brazil-Argentina and Colombia-Venezuela for Central America I don't know
    Last edited by Bollocks; 2016-06-06 at 11:08 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post

Well, apart from some regional issues, like Chile x Bolivia and Peru, what really exists here are small and silly rivalries between countries, like Brazil x Argentina and Colombia x Venezuela.

7+ Year Old Account

We will hold the western values against the pagan hordes from the desert .

Ps: Brazilians don't see themselves as latinos, we consider ourselves white, black or mixed. Saying we are latinos, Is like saying the whole Unites States population belongs to only 1 race.
    Once a Latin American country always a latin american country. You can't escape your destiny

- - - Updated - - -

Well, apart from some regional issues, like Chile x Bolivia and Peru, what really exists here are small and silly rivalries between countries, like Brazil x Argentina and Colombia x Venezuela.
    PeruxChile is no longer an issue though, after the Haya convention they generally tolerate each other and complementate each other's economy quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Reformed Soviet Union

Looks at map

Looks at Finland

Yeah right, ok.
    I was a bit pissed off about that as well. I shouldn't show this pic to my dad, he'd come around and have a word with the creator about how Finland joins the Soviet Union... not.

On topic: The US would instantly charge south to Panama, close down that chokepoint and starve South America or force them into an Alliance, everyone would ignore the African nations, because... heck, they have nothing to fight with. Russia and Europe would take care of IS in no time after which the allied forces would sit back and grab some popcorn to watch the Chinese-Russian slugfest until one of them is left, then it's really just a mop up and the polite questions if Africa and South America would accept their new overlords, to which the only possible outcome can be a resounding YES, of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    History is proof that such massive changes in the balance of power have resulted into war in 12 out of 16 cases in the past 500 years.

In the decade leading up to First World War, Germany’s defense spending rose by 64% and its economy grew 13%.

Interesting, if depressing graphic. I'd like to point out that finally, after no less than 4 unsuccessful attempts, the world community accepts Germany as the rising power and we're not at war. Good on you, you just had to give us a chance in the first place to rule Euro... er, coexist peacefully with everyone else despite our mig... um, success.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Once a Latin American country always a latin american country. You can't escape your destiny

- - - Updated - - -

PeruxChile is no longer an issue though, after the Haya convention they generally tolerate each other and complementate each other's economy quite well.
    When i was a child, my teacher used to say Brazil turned its back to latin america, due to the fact our population concentrates on coastal regions, far from the borders. That's true, and may be one of the reasons brazilians have a hard time seeing themselves as latinos.

About Peru and Chile, i thought there were still some rivalries between the countries.

15+ Year Old Account
    Considering how much money the US has blown on defense over the years I'd really hope the answer would be the US.

With nukes it would the Earth who would win. The day we go it'll be "good riddance" for every other living thing on this planet.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

When i was a child, my teacher used to say Brazil turned its back to latin america, due to the fact our population concentrates on coastal regions, far from the borders. That's true, and may be one of the reasons brazilians have a hard time seeing themselves as latinos.

About Peru and Chile, i thought there were still some rivalries between the countries.
    Uhh, what? I know someone from Chile and they don't regard themselves as latino at all, why would the Brasilians?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

http://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.asp

There you go. Basically, anyone with America on their team auto wins because of the sheer amount of military power and diversity beyond just nukes. Factor in Nukes, and it becomes a completely one sided game.

When a country outspends the nearest competitor by 3 times as much, has a bigger expense budget than the next 7 superpowers, and globally accounts for 37% of all military expenses, it takes a lot to bring them down. Countries can throw all the numbers of bodies at the US that they want, but at the end of the day, they're going to come out ahead.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Uhh, what? I know someone from Chile and they don't regard themselves as latino at all, why would the Brasilians?
    I don't know, really. It makes no sense reducing a very racial diverse region into 1 race only.

But based on my limited experience, those from the caribbean and northern South America, mainly Venezuela, have no problem seeing themselves as latinos. I may be wrong though.

7+ Year Old Account

Uf you need to update with the things that are happening in Latin America, there is still some resentment between locals, but in the overall Chile and Peru seem to do well. About the whole issue if Brazil considers itself Latin American I always assumed they did, having lived in Santa Cruz Bolivia many of my friends were from Brazil and traveling to the border regions I got the feeling they did. Anyway this whole idea of a Latin American union is unrealistic given the huge differences between each country and I generally joke about the issue (hence the former comment).

LATINO INQUISITION FTW!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know, really. It makes no sense reducing a very racial diverse region into 1 race only.

But based on my limited experience, those from the caribbean and northern South America, mainly Venezuela, have no problem seeing themselves as latinos. I may be wrong though.
    Nah its only Colombia and Mexico pushing that narrative. However if you ask us, we will say yes, because we can't reject the unity of our nations in public

I think it depends on if the conquistadores had an impact on the countries or not. That girl from Chile told me it was all native American. Since we don't share the problems the US have and simply call them indians still, she called her sell a full fledged indian (from Chile).

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah they jelly because they don't belong to the kool kidz klub.

World War 3 has been going on for a long time. Its all about interests. The only difference between this WW and the previous is that nobody officially declares war, but fights the other via proxy armies, propaganda, manipulation of the world economy, media and coups. The very same term 'World War' has been revised after the introduction of nuclear weapons because nobody is willing to go that far simply because there is nothing to win out of a war won by nuclear arsenal.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-06-06 at 11:38 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it depends on if the conquistadores had an impact on the countries or not. That girl from Chile told me it was all native American. Since we don't share the problems the US have and simply call them indians still, she called her sell a full fledged indian (from Chile).
    Nah that would only apply to Brazil and some countries in the caribbean and Centroamerica. Each country evolved creating its own culture.There were many proposals to join a Latin American Union in the early 1800s by Simon Bolivar and San Martin. In the late 1800s by Andres de Santa Cruz, in the 1960s by Che Guevara. However its true that we ignored Brazil and alot. I mean a lot, you could do a connection in the historical events of every spanish speaking country in Latin America, but for those who didn't you would have a hard time. Hell even the USA tried to unite us with their whole plan condor thing.
    Last edited by Bollocks; 2016-06-06 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    http://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.asp

There you go. Basically, anyone with America on their team auto wins because of the sheer amount of military power and diversity beyond just nukes. Factor in Nukes, and it becomes a completely one sided game.

When a country outspends the nearest competitor by 3 times as much, has a bigger expense budget than the next 7 superpowers, and globally accounts for 37% of all military expenses, it takes a lot to bring them down. Countries can throw all the numbers of bodies at the US that they want, but at the end of the day, they're going to come out ahead.
    because Russia and China would never ally against the usa