Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka34 View Post
    It's simple. You need food to live. Full stop. Calories do not make you fat, they enable you to exist. Breathing requires calories. Without energy (calories) your body cannot do anything. After you have slept all night, a couple of pieces of fruit in the morning is not going to get you through the day. I don't know what going "balls deep" in dinner means exactly but if you mean you're eating a big dinner you may as well have eaten 3-4 smaller meals throughout the day rather than starving yourself and over eating at dinner.

You're doing it the wrong way round anyway just FYI. It's supposed to be big breakfast, small dinner. You don't eat a big dinner when your day is over and you're off to bed. What was even the point of eating if you're not going to use those calories?

You seem to be pretty sold on this fasting thing anyway regardless of what any one has told you so go for it. I mean even after 20 posts of this thread I still don't know what your goals are exactly. What I've gathered is you want to lose "loose skin" which isn't loose skin it's fat, and you want to get "ripped" but you don't want to gain muscle and you don't want to eat anything. You're also poorly informed of how calories and fat/protein/carb work and how they impact your body. If I'm right the type of physique your after is close to a football (soccer kek) player: Slim build, low body fat, strong with ripped, visible muscle. Or, you just want 0% body fat and look like an anorexic 17 year old girl. The first one will require eating and compound lifting 3-4 times a week, the second one doing what you do now, just skip the big dinner.
    Jeez man. The sass coming from you.

I ain't trying to not eat. Just trying to figure out ways to lower amount of calories eaten. I spoke in the thread already, I am one of those guys that ate a crap ton, got super fat, and is now trying to lose weight. I am at the point where my muscles are clear, but are being blocked by either the loose skin or the fat. I'm sure you know what kind of pics I am talking about. Guys that clearly have the tone going on, but stretch marks, and other nonsense are making it worse. I still have fat/looseskin around belly and thighs. A couple months ago, I broke the 160 pds barrier that has been plaguing me for at least 1.5 years, and I figured that a better diet (also funny enough, nofap too) and exercise all helped in that.

Again, going to be speaking with a doctor for more confirmation on this. So I never decided anything.

Also, for humors sake, I mostly just wanted to look like this fellow here. http://readms.com/r/hunter_x_hunter/353/3402/11

Just well toned. That's all. I know you can get it without lifting heavy muscle, but rather high reps of certain exercises with specific sets. My problem is just the calorie intake. Cause again, I used to be fat and i still have that addiction fucking with me still.

If you're trying to lose fat or keep it off, fasting is a poor idea. If you go a long stretch of time without eating, your body will start storing carbohydrates as fat instead of burning them for energy, so not only will you put on fat but you will also feel like shit.

If you just want to lower your caloric intake, avoid processed shit and eat fresh veggies and fruit and lean meats like chicken and fish. To improve muscle tone, cut down on carbs, especially stuff like bread and pasta, and increase your protein intake. Meats, nuts, eggs, and legumes are a good source of protein. I generally drink a shake made with unsweetened almond milk and protein powder (I sweeten it myself with some honey) after lifting.

Don't deprive yourself. It's ok to eat a crappy meal once in a while, but try to keep it once or twice a week. The trick is to eat healthy MOST of the time, but nobody can eat healthy ALL the time.
    Last edited by Deathquoi; 2016-05-28 at 05:33 AM.
    Beta Club Brosquad

You will not be toned unless you gain muscle. Add weight training at least 3 days a week, and add at least another meal during lifting days. Make sure you're actually eating real food: unsaturated fats, complex carbs (whole grains), protein, from healthy sources. This will fix your problem if you actually commit. Fasting and surgery work in the wrong way.
    Good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post

I ain't trying to not eat. Just trying to figure out ways to lower amount of calories eaten. I spoke in the thread already, I am one of those guys that ate a crap ton, got super fat, and is now trying to lose weight. I am at the point where my muscles are clear, but are being blocked by either the loose skin or the fat. I'm sure you know what kind of pics I am talking about. Guys that clearly have the tone going on, but stretch marks, and other nonsense are making it worse. I still have fat/looseskin around belly and thighs. A couple months ago, I broke the 160 pds barrier that has been plaguing me for at least 1.5 years, and I figured that a better diet (also funny enough, nofap too) and exercise all helped in that.

Again, going to be speaking with a doctor for more confirmation on this. So I never decided anything.

Also, for humors sake, I mostly just wanted to look like this fellow here. http://readms.com/r/hunter_x_hunter/353/3402/11

Just well toned. That's all. I know you can get it without lifting heavy muscle, but rather high reps of certain exercises with specific sets. My problem is just the calorie intake. Cause again, I used to be fat and i still have that addiction fucking with me still.
    There's no such thing as "tone". That's a farce in the fitness world. You either have muscle or you don't. You don't tone your muscle, you build it. You build muscle by lifting heavy, not lifting high reps. You need hypertrophy, not endurance. Hypertrophy happens best at 8-12 reps, typically 8 is best. Endurance is above that and doesn't increase the size or strength of the muscle nearly as much.

You also need to be consuming the right nutrients or your body is going to just shut down from malnutrition, especially as you exercise.

Lol, ok. I tried to help but whatever. Carry on with your micky mouse teenage girl diet. Wiggle your way down to 120lbs and have a great life.

PS. The drawing you linked has very well built muscle, anyone wanting to achieve that irl would eat about 5 times the amount you eat every day whilst lifting so good luck to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickykong View Post
    What makes you say so?
    Why mess up your metabolism for short bursts of weight loss knowing that unless you fix the overall root of the problem (poor lifestyle) you're just going to end up right back to where you were?

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex Snob View Post
    Why mess up your metabolism for short bursts of weight loss knowing that unless you fix the overall root of the problem (poor lifestyle) you're just going to end up right back to where you were?
    If you fast then overeat to compensate, then yeah, it's not going to do anything, but what's wrong with fasting and counting calories? Also mess up your metabolism? What does that even mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickykong View Post
    If you fast then overeat to compensate, then yeah, it's not going to do anything, but what's wrong with fasting and counting calories? Also mess up your metabolism? What does that even mean?
    I think he means it slows it down, which is bad for losing weight.

So...

Today, I decided to not fast today and man, I am having insane hunger cravings. Like no tomorrow.

I really want to talk to my doctor about this when I can. It always feels like there is something else going on. Or maybe I am just one of those appled shaped men with insane eating disorders. >_<

So...

Today, I decided to not fast today and man, I am having insane hunger cravings. Like no tomorrow.

I really want to talk to my doctor about this when I can. It always feels like there is something else going on. Or maybe I am just one of those appled shaped men with insane eating disorders. >_<
    Slowing down of the metabolism is the most thrown around meaningless term there is for weight loss, it doesn't mean anything. Unless if you mean that if you weigh less you consume less energy, which is true.

So...

Increased hunger typically signals an increased metabolism. Fasting lowers your metabolism.

Read this:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/02/he...ight-loss.html

You never answered my question about protein.

My advice to you would be to eat more (to keep your metabolism purring), lower carbs slightly, and do more/smarter cardio, for fat loss. Try HIIT training in a fasted state in the morning.

If you want to look ripped you're going to need to lift heavy, though. That's where your focus should be.

- - - Updated - - -

Also going to add: nutritional deficiencies increase hunger. If you're not taking a quality multiv + fish oil daily (at minimum), you should be. Also magnesium/potassium depending on your diet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Increased hunger typically signals an increased metabolism. Fasting lowers your metabolism.

Read this:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/02/he...ight-loss.html

You never answered my question about protein.

My advice to you would be to eat more (to keep your metabolism purring), lower carbs slightly, and do more/smarter cardio, for fat loss. Try HIIT training in a fasted state in the morning.

If you want to look ripped you're going to need to lift heavy, though. That's where your focus should be.

- - - Updated - - -

Also going to add: nutritional deficiencies increase hunger. If you're not taking a quality multiv + fish oil daily (at minimum), you should be. Also magnesium/potassium depending on your diet.
    What was your question about protein? I am getting amount needed. I am 5'8, 155 pds, I need like what? 70 grams? Easy to get. At least, I think so xD.

Also very tired. Will give a serious response later.

What was your question about protein? I am getting amount needed. I am 5'8, 155 pds, I need like what? 70 grams? Easy to get. At least, I think so xD.

Also very tired. Will give a serious response later.
    You need way more than that if you want to gain muscle. I am the same height as you are and female and I get in 150g a day when looking to build muscle. You need more protein when you're cutting calories as well (especially if you are cutting carbohydrates as they are protein-sparing).

http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-...-bodybuilders/ even if you don't buy into the bro science regarding protein needs, your protein intake is very low.

Here is another article that is a worthwhile read: http://www.todaysdietitian.com/newar...60114p22.shtml

I'm going to be blunt, you're making a lot of mistakes regarding your diet/training, you also seem a little defensive. I don't train for a living but I have a friend who I helped guide through 80 pounds of weight loss in ten months who is around your height and weight currently (she is 5'7), she is toned and does not have loose skin.

Really take to heart some of the advice you have been given in this thread. Good luck to you.

Deleted
    Being fit is a privilege not a right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You need way more than that if you want to gain muscle. I am the same height as you are and female and I get in 150g a day when looking to build muscle. You need more protein when you're cutting calories as well (especially if you are cutting carbohydrates as they are protein-sparing).

http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-...-bodybuilders/ even if you don't buy into the bro science regarding protein needs, your protein intake is very low.

Here is another article that is a worthwhile read: http://www.todaysdietitian.com/newar...60114p22.shtml

I'm going to be blunt, you're making a lot of mistakes regarding your diet/training, you also seem a little defensive. I don't train for a living but I have a friend who I helped guide through 80 pounds of weight loss in ten months who is around your height and weight currently (she is 5'7), she is toned and does not have loose skin.

Really take to heart some of the advice you have been given in this thread. Good luck to you.
    Not trying to be on the defensive. I lost around 50-60 pds without going to the gym once. My doctor, who is a jacked mofo, has told me that it is possible to get that "toned" body through endurance training.

I am skeptical not because you guys are wrong, but because there are so many things working for different people. This and that. This is extremely personal but again, I broke through the 160 pds barrier, and what caused it was eating less, and not jacking off (which is weird to say to a girl, but anyone that has issues with PMO will understand what I am talking about). My workout, from what I can remember, didn't change much except me constantly trying new things. It was why I was considering this whole fasting diet. I seriously doubt not eating for 12 hours is gonna do much. 12 hours is such a tiny miniscule thing. It is said that not eating for over 72 hours is when your brain tells you to go "fucking eat something already or else you will die", and then you go into that rabid state where your monkey side starts to act up. Some studies have shown that you start losing muscle from fasting after 16 hours, yet some say 12. Some say 24. Do you see what I mean?

It's hard to say. Every health professional has different ideas.

Also, I am not in a rush, but I will consider what you are saying. But getting 150 pds of protein is a huge challenge. Not just in eating, but financially. Gonna have to spend more. Fruits and veggies I have been eating reguarly for years, and that stuff is cheap. Water is no problem cause its mainly what I drink. I drink a glass of milk once a day everyday. I also eat meats everyday too. But something wasn't adding up for the past few months. Which is, again, why I was considering something else. I have had eating issues for a long time, so it's why I was considering fasting.

Also, keep in mind. I am not sure how many of you know or understand the physics of fat loss (and I have no idea how many of you were just skinny and built yourself up and not overweight to the point where you needed a machine to help you sleep, like I did) but you lose weight FAST in the beginning, and then it slows down big time as you get to a certain point. I feel like it is the same thing for me, I am just taking my time to losing the fat.

But I will consider what you said and will just consume more protein instead.
    Last edited by Kickbuttmario; 2016-05-29 at 06:52 AM.

Not trying to be on the defensive. I lost around 50-60 pds without going to the gym once. My doctor, who is a jacked mofo, has told me that it is possible to get that "toned" body through endurance training.
    He's right but typically it's a *lot* of endurance training. Like running 10+ miles a day/biking 20 miles/etc. Also endurance training builds different type of muscle fibers, aka slow-twitch. These take a lot longer to grow than fast-twitch fibers that you develop via sprinting/heavy weight training. If you're not in a rush and prefer endurance training, then 30 minutes of cardio a day is not enough. I will also add that the "look" of endurance athletes is different than those who build muscle via weight training/HIIT. You can tell by looking at images of endurance athletes via Google.

Read the second article link I sent you about increased protein needs for endurance athletes. I am an endurance athlete and I will state that every performance plateau I have hit has been either due to 1. inadequate rest periods for muscle growth 2. inadequate diet (aka protein) for muscle growth.

I actually don't think there is anything wrong with intermittent fasting, but at this point your focus should be less on fat loss and more on muscle gain, which necessitates a different approach. Remember that more lean body mass via muscle = higher BMR = higher overall metabolic rate.

Will also add some links to articles on muscle fiber type, which is determined by genetics (and you won't be able to determine how much of a particular muscle type you have without quite invasive testing). Ignoring one muscle type = impeding your own muscle growth.

https://www.verywell.com/fast-and-sl...fibers-3120094
    https://www.acefitness.org/blog/5714...-muscle-fibers

I will also add that having an activity preference does not necessarily mean you have a dominant muscle type, like one article suggests--I initially built muscle very quickly with weight training a few years ago, although most people do ("noob gains").

I am skeptical not because you guys are wrong, but because there are so many things working for different people. This and that.
    Unless you have some kind of medical condition, you may follow one of common ways to lose weight and/or build muscles, one of them (tbh, more than one) will definitely work. And even if you have one, there are ways to manage the situation. You just need to consult your doctor (more like few doctors, e.g. endocrinologist, dietitian, etc), check you hormones/blood, and then talk to your doctors again.

We aren't THAT unique, so be more open-minded, and @Celista gave you good advice.
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-05-29 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Unless you have some kind of medical condition, you may follow one of common ways to lose weight and/or build muscles, one of them (tbh, more than one) will definitely work. And even if you have one, there are ways to manage the situation. You just need to consult your doctor (more like few doctors, e.g. endocrinologist, dietitian, etc), check you hormones/blood, and then talk to your doctors again.

We aren't THAT unique, so be more open-minded, and @Celista gave you good advice.
    This. Short of a medical condition which would have you in an infinitesimally small percent of the population, a proper diet and exercise is all you need to reach your goals.

As for your cartoon anime body goals and being "toned", get that word out of your head. Toned is simply the ill informed perception of low bodyfat and moderate to high muscle mass. If you do not possess the muscle to begin with, you'll simply look like an Auschwitz captive by the time you get to the single digit bf%. You likely already had a reasonable amount of muscle from carrying around the weight you had before, but you poor diet choice combined with low protein intake, as well as ineffective resistance training resulted it shedding much of it alongside the fat you lost.

The best advice that someone with limited training knowledge should absorb is that any change you do to your body over a short period of time, is not sustainable be it putting weight on or taking weight off. Losing fat while retaining muscle takes time, gaining muscle while not adding fat takes even more time.

Fasting is terrible for your body. You metabolism slows. Talk to any professional nutritionist. Eating less calories is also very bad. You need to eat more but eat more of the right food. Stick to salads with chicken etc in them. Eating more speeds up your metabolism. You are best to find a professional. Don't come here looking for answers. Every body is different. Meal plans are different for everyone too. Again, SEEK a professional.

So, at the beginning of 2013, I weighed around 215+ pds, had stretch marks all over the place, and yeah, was a mess. I decided to finally lose weight and go with the good old fashioned diet and exercise approach. However, It's May 2016 now, and although I am at 150-155 pds, and have decent muscle, I still have a lot of remaining flab and "stretched" skin/fat around belly and thighs, that just won't go away. No matter what I do. My regiment is more like run 5-10 minutes for a warm up for either upperbody/legs with 4 core exercises, and the 16 core exercises if I do chest. Yet, it won't get better. I understand the physics of weight loss, and realized why I started losing weight fast when I

Now, I don't really care for going the super buff muscle built thing but I do enjoy cardio and endurance training with no gym. I plan on doing this for the rest of my life and I would love to just have a toned body. Stretch scars won't mean much for me over time, and sometimes personally want to keep them as a remembrance. But the flab/stretched skin are a fucking annoyance. No idea why I still have it.

I eventually read some page on fat losses and such and somewhere these guys said try to fast and even exercise while fasting...

So, I am trying it right now. Of course, I am not entirely following the perfect religious fasting where I don't eat while the sun is up. I eat breakfest (something small, with a glass of milk), and don't eat til dinner. Usually 12 hours. If I decide to exercise, I do so 30-60 minutes after breakfest, and just drink crap water to compensate.

Asking in this thread and wondering if any of you guys can give some help. Thanks.
    Hey. Don't do cardio any more. You need to build muscle to tighten up your muscles, get rid of remaining flab, end of story, not continue to lose weight. Kettlebell workouts, and intermittent fasting are what you need to do. Look some up, should be good to go after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just an update on the fasting status.

So no, my doctor didn't believe that intermittent fasting is bad for you. Nor did fasting. There are pros and cons for both. He said that "starving" yourself for 12-16 hours is miniscule at best.

However, he agreed with what Celista was saying. That more muscle + protein/lowcarbs is the way to go to get rid of the loose skin. So I changed my diet greatly, and instead of Intermittent fasting, I pretty much have a snack for my lunch. Thanks for the help peoples.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Hey. Don't do cardio any more. You need to build muscle to tighten up your muscles, get rid of remaining flab, end of story, not continue to lose weight. Kettlebell workouts, and intermittent fasting are what you need to do. Look some up, should be good to go after that.
    Oops. Didn't see your post. Thanks. I will take a look.