Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusoya View Post
    Yes sure but is Holy Shield a passive talent?

Please explain in 500 words or less.
    Holy Shield is somewhat of a fringe talent (and one I've never personally been a huge fan of the design of, even if it's undeniably useful) in the sense that it doesn't actively change how you play per se, but its simple existence forces players to not only consider what type of damage they're taking, but how said damage is patterned. Its design could absolutely have been better and it's far too close to a truly passive talent for my liking, but it also does create a player skill distinction in the sense that it requires more than a basic understanding of the game to consistently identify when Holy Shield is an appropriate choice and when it will amount to jack shit.

TL;DR: Holy Shield has plenty of reasonable justification for existing, but it's not a talent anyone should be sad to see go if they chose to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    TL;DR: Holy Shield has plenty of reasonable justification for existing, but it's not a talent anyone should be sad to see go if they chose to replace it.
    I would be sad. The ability to block spells passively coupled with our mastery and the inherit +10% block tied to the talent is great and while passive, one of the few passives i like since it offers up a new consideration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    It isn't as big of a deal on beta atm as it is on live considering our AM reduces all damage and not just physical.
    Tbh I kinda wish SHoR would be melee only, then Holy Shield would be a baseline AM ability for countering magic.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Holy Shield would be a baseline AM ability for countering magic
    Not so active active mitigation? =P

That would work if they made the ability active again. Part of me dies every time i see the order hall npc use active holy shield with the 4pc T17 animation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Komanchi View Post
    Not so active active mitigation? =P

That would work if they made the ability active again. Part of me dies every time i see the order hall npc use active holy shield with the 4pc T17 animation.
    Yeah... I was going to write "made it our AM and made it active again"... But I figured people would assume by me saying "make it our AM" that I meant that anyway.

Something like "Uses one Divine Guardian charge to block the next magic attack used against you. Also, causes all your blocks to reflect 200% weapon damage for 8 seconds."

Note: since it's not just for SHoR anymore, SHoR, HS and Sera would use "Divine Guardian" Charges. They would work exactly like they do now, but would be displayed under our mana bar and would be used for all three abilities.

Also, we'd get one back every time we used a GC proc. Because that's the whole freakin point of GC...

Edit: just realised, we now have to pick between First Avenger and Crusaders Judgement... 50% increased chance to proc vs judgement proccing.

I'm guessing FA on single target, CJ for 5man/AoE?
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2016-06-04 at 03:45 PM.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

I'm coming across a lot of synergy issues; And some difficult decisions when leveling... Can't seem to decide on a Leveling build that feels comfortable, either. :S

Thinking that I may just have to accept it and wait until 110 to start really judging Prot Paladin on how it feels.

... I'm sort of missing "Cataclysm-Mists" Protection. :<
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

this is the talent build I like for leveling / questing

im not so sure about blessed hammer for leveling. most mobs are too small to benefit from being hit more than once. Plus if you ever go in water or fight on some elevation, your hammers will go all over the place and not hit anything.

i would say it is more of a preference for me, i like it specifically because i don't have to face a target to cast it, i just spam it while gathering mobs to aoe down. alternatively either of the other talents could be fine for questing as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Updated spreadsheet with artifact/talents
    Do we know what sort of stat values we'll be sitting at, once we're raid ready?

Do we know what sort of stat values we'll be sitting at, once we're raid ready?
    [11:46 PM] Lazel: right now I have 28% crit, 25% haste, 1% versa, 11% mastery
    [11:46 PM] Lazel: with 833 ilvl

Deleted
    At 836 ilvl, I've got 28% Crit/20% Haste/22% Mastery/1% Vers, for another data point. That's just in general "highest ilvl" gear rather than anything optimized for any particular stat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm... So roughly 65% uptime, assuming perfect play.

Not great, but not horrible for the first tier. Do you think making Judge 3/6 would have a huge impact?

Hmmm... So roughly 65% uptime, assuming perfect play.

Not great, but not horrible for the first tier. Do you think making Judge 3/6 would have a huge impact?
    Not really that big, the current issue and the reason why we value haste so much more than crit is that a much larger bulk of our regen happens passively from just haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn... What about adding a few seconds CDR to GC?

Damn... What about adding a few seconds CDR to GC?
    Hard to say tbh, because it also might be too strong on AoE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, but better to be OP on AoE than UP on bosses surely?

Maybe, but better to be OP on AoE than UP on bosses surely?
    Here's the thing, we're not UP. It's just that crit isn't as good in defensive values as haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's always good to know. So you think if we went live now it'd be alright? If a little dull.

P.s. The artifact calc shows the SHoR one increases damage done but damage reduction is set to 0. Bug or nerf?