Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    The sad part is that Blizzard used to be a dream job to everyone, now seeing all these people leave makes me wonder how bad are things there right now.
    They are not leaving on their own, they all got fired. Or well "contract didnt get extended", "you can leave before we fire you", political correctnes bullshit.

Dude got fired or let go. They just do this to higher ups just so they save face

Lots of controversial stuff going on...

To "one person didnt ruin D3 etc..." actually the lead designer can easily ruin the game. Its nice using phrases like "team decision" but at the end of the day its the lead designer who shows the course and has the first and final word in everything! There is very little democracy in business. As lead designer he was responsible for the right course of development so even if it was team decision it still is his fault. I usualy dont agree with stuff like "Good ridance", but its good ridance here...

To "sinking ship" - Blizzard isnt sinking ship! Sure it had bad days with WoD and D3 vanilla and probably SC2 pro-scene, but it looks like these days are over and Blizzard is going ahead strong again. (Personaly I dont like the course, because HS, OW arent games for me. And I dont have time for WoW and dont what to think about Legion right now...) Blizzard is on the scene for more than 20 years, and its only logical that lots of higher standing people are leaving it. Blizzard doesnt have high management job for everyone... When you cant get what you want in one company you will find another that needs you. This is the case of Ghostcrawler. Riot is still lacking in experienced leadership and was able to give him the position he wanted.

As for WarCraft movie it seems success. It cost 160million and as far as I know it wasnt meant to be main season blockbuster. (bad news/good news post from last year where they announced that release date was postponed but it was put into main season) I havent seen it yet, but from trailers I dont like the realistic acting, cartoony WarCraft hybrid. Id rather see it being either more cartoony or more realistic. But that might be just the budget... How much is 160millions for 2 hour film? LotR 1 was estimated for 93mil 15 years ago (calculated for inflation it would be 125mil today). Hateful-eight got 60mil budget but it didnt need the insane CGI. Avatar 230mil,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Rats are the first to leave a sinking ship, just like last time a controversial "someone" finally got the boot. How much pension is Jay Wilson gonna get for leaving just to "smooth over" Legion launch/sales? Especially how badly the WoW movie is "bombing" in the US?
    Is that from the bullshit rating on rotten tomatoes, the same site that gave indiana jones and kingdom of the crystal skull a 77% rating and Justin Bieber: Never Say Never a 66%? Yeah I'm sure they have the best people casting solid ratings.

Rats are the first to leave a sinking ship, just like last time a controversial "someone" finally got the boot. How much pension is Jay Wilson gonna get for leaving just to "smooth over" Legion launch/sales? Especially how badly the WoW movie is "bombing" in the US?

Remember when Ghostcrawler left and classes didn't get better? Oh right they put an even more clueless idiot in charge.

Glad he's finally off the team, but mad he plays it off like "I did no wrong!".

*EDIT* Apparently the Facebook Co-op is being hidden under this as well, just like how Obama passed gay marriage while TPP got fast-tracked. Typical political switch-a-roo.

Thankfully I deleted my Facebook account when they sold out to advertisement.
    This cracked me up because it reminds me of one of those senile, paranoia-induced old person posts that you see on AOL political articles in the comment section. Mainly because it somehow got political in a gaming thread. Weird.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't let the door hit your ass too hard on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    "We calculated how much how much damage/health players would need...then doubled it!" and wondered why no one could actually play his game.

"Fck that loser!" When the Diablo 2 guy questioned Diablo 3.

Yes, Jay Wilson was had a few obvious deficiencies.
    Then they nearly doubled all NPC damage.. so useless. Should have just reduced PVP damage to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnotalama View Post
    Apparently, Chemo works some times.

But at least it's not a Chris Benoit.
    Are you trying to compare Jay to cancer and Blizzard to... something that can get cancer?

Edit: Also, Benoit was having problems with welfare towards the end of his life. Wilson on the other hand could probably afford to sit on the couch, snort coke and grind treasure goblins for the rest of his days if he wanted to.
    Last edited by Hotmail; 2016-06-07 at 01:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The response to this has been pretty disgusting I have to say. I get that he is not a popular guy because of some of what he said, but come on. No need to act like a bunch of asses.

Remember when Ghostcrawler left and classes didn't get better? Oh right they put an even more clueless idiot in charge.

Glad he's finally off the team, but mad he plays it off like "I did no wrong!".

*EDIT* Apparently the Facebook Co-op is being hidden under this as well, just like how Obama passed gay marriage while TPP got fast-tracked. Typical political switch-a-roo.

Thankfully I deleted my Facebook account when they sold out to advertisement.
    bombing in the US? It comes out this Friday...

Does Michele make anyone else cringe? I had to turn it off.

I don't even know who this guy is that people are so happy.

Deleted
    Lolling at all the neckbeards who "left wow" and are still sitting around on MMO-champ responding to WoW posts.
    Even crack addicts are less severe than this.

And big surprise, loads of nasty comments.

Seriously, you don't know this guy.

Don't keep up on what Blizzard Employees do. But can someone explain why people are rejoicing Jay Wilson is leaving Blizzard?

Gratz mmochamp. Two posts in one day that have 250+ comments.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Don't keep up on what Blizzard Employees do. But can someone explain why people are rejoicing Jay Wilson is leaving Blizzard?
    He was one of the leads behind D3 and how awful it was. It got better once he left and their expac came out. He did things for WoW but I don't remember.
    "Last time I checked, Cain didn't bludgeon Abel with a Gameboy; Genghis Khan didn't have an Xbox Live account; and Hitler didn't play Crash Bandicoot." -- Tommy Tallarico

Deleted
    Because Diablo 3, that he made, was way too hardcore for casual Diablo 2 players.

Welp, the responses to this news turned out as expected.

I am very happy her pursues his dreams.

Not because I support his dreams. But because I think Blizzard games will be better without him.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Diablo-3-Jay-Wilson-Tells-Diablo-2-Designer-Fans-F-ck-Off-45895.html