10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    The book gives an idea what was cut out, and it seems not much. Non-critical character interactions, unnecessary characters, and dialog trimmed here and there.
    In other words, everything not strictly related to the plot.

And the complain is that the characters in the movie seem to exist only to drive the plot forward.

Got which is the problem? I know you don't but let's pretend you did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Is that music playing on the wait screen something from the movie? It's very good. Very Warcrafty.

Anyways, off to the bed now. Pretty sad I can't watch the stream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Is that music playing on the wait screen something from the movie? It's very good. Very Warcrafty.

Anyways, off to the bed now. Pretty sad I can't watch the stream.
    Legion music.

Quote Originally Posted by wickys View Post
    What the hell is The Mermaid and why is it THAT popular holy hell lol
    I say Steven Chow, Director of Kungfu Hustle and Kungfu Soccer and Director of Mermaid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    In the middle of all this, we lost focus on one major important factor. Warcraft is the best and most faithful video game adaptation ever.

People like to talk "it's a movie of the fans", but isn't that the point all along? Isn't the reason of the video game "curse" the fact that almost all video game movies don't respect the IPs (Super Mario and Uwe Ball, I'm looking at you)?
    I've said this for years. Its the same as the marvel franchise movies. If they didn't make these movies for people who didn't know the marvel characters, which lets me honest anyone can find out about marvel characters now, then it wouldn't appeal on mass as it did.
    Appealing to a fanbase and doing it well should be the first step in something with a large genre, just because world of warcraft only has less then half its subscriber numbers that it did in wrath doesn't mean the people who stopped playing wow just stopped liking the idea of warcraft, so right off the bat you had millions of fans around the world ready to see this movie.

The complaints are simply from asswipes who don't play video games, except probably angry birds, and just dismissed this movie out of habit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    just saw the movie, and while there are tons of stuff to bitch about, i'll only state the biggest: too fkin short.
    it needed 1 more hour
    Apparently the directors cut had an extra 40 minutes of footage that was cut from it, so it might fill in some stuff there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quality opening paragraph from a site I urge you not to click http://www.independent.ie/entertainm...-34771028.html

Another month, another humongous gaming franchise gets an omniplex makeover. This time, it's Warcraft, a "real-time strategy" fantasy game loved by the type of people who live in basements and don't get much sunlight.
    Quality stuff.

World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Is that music playing on the wait screen something from the movie?
    You mean this? That seems Legion's main theme. It plays during the cinematic too.

There's also a widely extended version of it, "Anduin's theme", cleverly mixed with Stormwind's own theme:

It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

That is a lot of negative thoughts... thats a huge shame he didn't like any of the human actors...

But a bigger shame that he finds it disappointing the changes they made. So they don't drink demon blood, so what? All of that would be so complicated to explain from the beginning of the movie! And he wish there was more WoW music..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Quality stuff.
    It is, really. I mean, I can't even say anymore if they're trying to amuse us by intent or the comedy is utterly unintentional.

At this point I'm really wondering if GamerGate had any weight in these kind of "reviews".

We got Black Nerd at the premier. Oh boy, dunno if I should be excited or scared. XD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    We got Black Nerd at the premier. Oh boy, dunno if I should be excited or scared. XD
    He seems to like everything, based on what I've seen of his channel.

There's also a ton of Blizzard employees, fans, and streamers in attendance, so I'm sure that'll shape the crowd experience and the overall experience as a result.

Pretty strange to see people at this premiere that are seen as WoW-Celebs but obviously have cared more about selling themselves over the last couple of years than about the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Pretty strange to see people at this premiere that are seen as WoW-Celebs but obviously have cared more about selling themselves over the last couple of years than about the games.
    explain, that sounds rather bitter

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    explain, that sounds rather bitter
    How is Swifty still relevant for this game? Or the countless WoW-News-Channels from YT.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    How is Swifty still relevant for this game? Or the countless WoW-News-Channels from YT.
    Because they have a fan base.

I like how they made a CGI dwarf family of four and later cut it out entirely. That's how you deal with the production budget like a boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Legion music.
    Ah, too bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    You mean this? That seems Legion's main theme. It plays during the cinematic too.
    It's not what was playing during the first minute that I was listening. :P

Just watching the interviews before the premier and I have to say, Ben Schnetzer looks like a basement-dweller in the movie and like a model in real life. It's surreal.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2016-06-07 at 09:16 AM.

Deleted
    Does anyone have the artbook of the movie already, 'behind the dark portal' I believe it is called? Can you point me to a (video) review?

Quality opening paragraph from a site I urge you not to click http://www.independent.ie/entertainm...-34771028.html

Quality stuff.
    They are paid to write these things, right? They are paid?