Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Question What Do we Know ?

when you make a char in the game you become Citizens of Azeroth, what do the Citizen know about the Warcraft Universe, because all the information we "player" knows are from books and tales, but as Char in the game you know so little, even after your char become this Hero of Azeroth, you still know so little about the Universe and the True Power of your Enemy " the void and Burning legion".
    back to my Question what do the Citizen of Azeroth know about the lore and the history of Azeroth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

I guess this is properly defined on roleplays servers only, otherwise nobody cares that much as they don't get to use that excess out of character knowledge in the game in anyway.

I've never asked them, and I've never been able to ask them and I doubt if I will ever ask them (them being my toons). If I did, and they could then I would imagine that they have some kind of history, after all when you start a new toon they may vary in age but none are babies, kids or even teenagers. They are all adults.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I guess this is properly defined on roleplays servers only, otherwise nobody cares that much as they don't get to use that excess out of character knowledge in the game in anyway.
    Even some of the Main Char are clueless about the History of Azeroth
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    Even some of the Main Char are clueless about the History of Azeroth
    Yeah. Many of the characters' actions are usually criticized by people from a standpoint of ultimate knowledge and truth. These characters shouldn't have that and that is what makes a good and senseful story. For instance, Daelin Proudmoore despised the orcs due to what hes been through; he wasn't all-knowing about what they've done and how they've helped saved the world in the event of Mt. Hyjal. He based his opinion on his past experiences. Same applies to Grom who happened to instantly attack the humans once he encountered them on Kalimdor.

Yes let's analyze everythingnyou charecter could possibly know... this will be easy and totally useful...

OK so one. Why does this matter.
    And two this will take way to long to list everything... like dear lord. You mht as well as me everything I know. And get ready for hundreds of pages of tsext

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yes let's analyze everythingnyou charecter could possibly know... this will be easy and totally useful...

OK so one. Why does this matter.
    And two this will take way to long to list everything... like dear lord. You mht as well as me everything I know. And get ready for hundreds of pages of tsext
    it's a question rounded in my mind I put it here
    and yes I'm ready for Hundreds of pages of text

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Yeah. Many of the characters' actions are usually criticized by people from a standpoint of ultimate knowledge and truth. These characters shouldn't have that and that is what makes a good and senseful story. For instance, Daelin Proudmoore despised the orcs due to what hes been through; he wasn't all-knowing about what they've done and how they've helped saved the world in the event of Mt. Hyjal. He based his opinion on his past experiences. Same applies to Grom who happened to instantly attack the humans once he encountered them on Kalimdor.
    yes exactly thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know.....you must have smoked some good weed to ask a question like that...simple but complex...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I don't know.....you must have smoked some good weed to ask a question like that...simple but complex...
    thank you, despite I don't smoke weed

it's a question rounded in my mind I put it here
    and yes I'm ready for Hundreds of pages of text

- - - Updated - - -

yes exactly thank you
    like... you do know this question will basicly require us linking every single text ever said infront of them right? including all quests ever?

10+ Year Old Account
    thank you, despite I don't smoke weed
    I don't either, but that is a good question. We make characters with no previous personal history except for death knights, demon hunters, and maybe the forsaken. The only I can come up with is our character has a sense of duty or a destiny.

7+ Year Old Account
    like... you do know this question will basicly require us linking every single text ever said infront of them right? including all quests ever?
    *thinking*
    you know what
    I didn't thought of that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I don't either, but that is a good question. We make characters with no previous personal history except for death knights, demon hunters, and maybe the forsaken. The only I can come up with is our character has a sense of duty or a destiny.
    no wait I guess every char we made has some history before we "play"
    -like A Blood elf at least has seen Arthas and Silvermoon destroyed.
    -Humans at least have gone the 3rd war event's " even if the char didn't participate", but at least he knew about these event's .
    -Dwarf has seen the conflict between the three Hammers - not the war but at least the tension between them-.
    - Draene has travel a lot before he become citizen of Azeroth.
    - Orc seeing the Camps and the rebuild of Orgrimmar.

*thinking*
    you know what
    I didn't thought of that

- - - Updated - - -

no wait I guess every char we made has some history before we "play"
    -like A Blood elf at least has seen Arthas and Silvermoon destroyed.
    -Humans at least have gone the 3rd war event's " even if the char didn't participate", but at least he knew about these event's .
    -Dwarf has seen the conflict between the three Hammers - not the war but at least the tension between them-.
    - Draene has travel a lot before he become citizen of Azeroth.
    - Orc seeing the Camps and the rebuild of Orgrimmar.
    what if your blood elf only just returned from hanging out somwehre?
    what if the human wasent affected by it?
    what if the dwarf hasent seen it?

thats the thing ,the "backstory" of your chars if your own choosing, but your quests... the things you do... and things people say to you, that is what you know

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    if they are a blood elf, they know of the history and would have been rounded up by kael'thas to Silvermoon before being called Blood elf.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    if they are a blood elf, they know of the history and would have been rounded up by kael'thas to Silvermoon before being called Blood elf.
    Not mine. My blood elf has explosive amnesia.

7+ Year Old Account
    what if the human wasent affected by it?
    what if the dwarf hasent seen it?

thats the thing ,the "backstory" of your chars if your own choosing, but your quests... the things you do... and things people say to you, that is what you know
    when you create a char, your Char is Adult being, which mean it's 22-10000 years old " depending on which Race you choose", so there must be at least some event's that the char know in the past 20+ years in Azeroth history, or at least his Race history.
    without mention that if you were Human-Dwarf-Gnome-Elf you have some kind of school.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Not mine. My blood elf has explosive amnesia.
    how come ?

when you create a char, your Char is Adult being, which mean it's 22-10000 years old " depending on which Race you choose", so there must be at least some event's that the char know in the past 20+ years in Azeroth history, or at least his Race history.
    without mention that if you were Human-Dwarf-Gnome-Elf you have some kind of school.

- - - Updated - - -

how come ?
    ehh are our chars really adults? they could be like 18

7+ Year Old Account
    ehh are our chars really adults? they could be like 18
    yes they are
    all of them

yes they are
    all of them
    how do you know? maybe they are like 18, or older teens, i was 15 and was not getting IDed im now 20, still dont get IDed

7+ Year Old Account
    how do you know? maybe they are like 18, or older teens, i was 15 and was not getting IDed im now 20, still dont get IDed
    ok think about it this way
    as a solider in an army you will not be accepted unless you are full grown up adult to join their ranks.
    -----------------
    on side note I was searching and 12 years old is growing up orc