Page 50 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I was a bit surprised that we didn't have to use out b.net login for the second week contest. Wonder how the MMO-C staff will check on us having active accounts without it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Looking more like tomorrow at the earliest. Lots of manual work to find and remove people that were attempting to cheat. Already 350+ people have been disqualified.
    What we all like to hear! Whats the number up to now?!

Well, hope my entry was valid
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    PTR would be for the live version just with the Legion pre-expansion event content, not access to Legion expansion content. Not the same thing as beta access.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenNorth View Post
    I was a bit surprised that we didn't have to use out b.net login for the second week contest. Wonder how the MMO-C staff will check on us having active accounts without it?
    They said an active account wasn't necessary.

I saw the post about 350 already DQed but i am curious by what standards were they DQed. I know i did this contest in good faith BUT if by some reason or by someone's judgement it got DQed i would want to know why. I will say while this was an interesting idea for a contest it made a ton of work for you guys since it would be easy for someone to use a WoW pic from a google search engine or something and make a story behind it and use it when they had NOTHING to do with it.

Thanks MMO-Champion for doing these contests as it gives us something WoW related to do when at the moment there is not much to do til Legion arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by darchavic77 View Post
    I saw the post about 350 already DQed but i am curious by what standards were they DQed. I know i did this contest in good faith BUT if by some reason or by someone's judgement it got DQed i would want to know why. I will say while this was an interesting idea for a contest it made a ton of work for you guys since it would be easy for someone to use a WoW pic from a google search engine or something and make a story behind it and use it when they had NOTHING to do with it.

Thanks MMO-Champion for doing these contests as it gives us something WoW related to do when at the moment there is not much to do til Legion arrives.
    They can see the IPs people post from. Odds are they're simply DQing people who posted from multiple accounts on the same IP address or perhaps even further (same IP subnet for example).

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    They can see the IPs people post from. Odds are they're simply DQing people who posted from multiple accounts on the same IP address or perhaps even further (same IP subnet for example).
    That would seem to be unfair - or at least not per the rules for entry they posted. My family has three wow accounts which play and post from the same IP. But they are three distinct accounts with three different players (me, wife and son). There was nothing in the posted rules saying it was not appropriate for all three to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhunter View Post
    That would seem to be unfair - or at least not per the rules for entry they posted. My family has three wow accounts which play and post from the same IP. But they are three distinct accounts with three different players (me, wife and son). There was nothing in the posted rules saying it was not appropriate for all three to enter.
    Common sense would dictate not to have all 3 enter. They said multiple entries would disqualify. Did you honestly think they wouldn't dq based on IP? If you are that clueless then I really need to talk to you about this exciting new timeshare offer.

Quote Originally Posted by darchavic77 View Post

If you followed the rules you are safe most likely. I had to report two accounts that did a copy-paste of my entry and I suppose there's always people who post from multiple accounts.

I will not beg for a key.. if I get one, I get one, If I don't, Well I shall keep trying till I can't no more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    They said an active account wasn't necessary.
    Ah OK, thanks. My misunderstanding then.

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Common sense would dictate not to have all 3 enter. They said multiple entries would disqualify. Did you honestly think they wouldn't dq based on IP?
    They did not ever say one entry per family. The implication was only one entry per player or per account. So, I thought they would allow three genuine accounts owned by three different players (in the same family) to each enter. So yea, it seemed perfectly valid per the posted rules.

Not happy the way this beta has been handled - most of rest of my raid guild has beta. I do not, will probably lose my raid spot because of it because I will be so far behind the rest of them in experience with the content.
    Last edited by silverhunter; 2016-06-07 at 12:23 PM.

Not happy the way this beta has been handled - most of rest of my raid guild has beta. I do not, will probably lose my raid spot because of it because I will be so far behind the rest of them in experience with the content.
    That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. As far as I know raid testing hasn't even begun on the Beta, it was done on the Alpha, but even then they were GREATLY unfinished. Raiding most likely won't be open at the launch of the Expac so if you honestly cannot get to a point in 2-4 weeks where you're ready to raid, you don't deserve your spot.

No, you won't be.

Deleted
    Made my day

I swear beta period is like open season every two years

It's hilarious how desperate some people get

When are week 2 winners announced?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    When are week 2 winners announced?
    When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east.
    When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if winners are chosen at random or based on their screenshot itself, I've skimmed through a bunch of the entries noticed a few of them didn't have much of context behind the pictures at all.