Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Lolling at all the neckbeards who "left wow" and are still sitting around on MMO-champ responding to WoW posts.
    Even crack addicts are less severe than this.
    I bet they're sitting on an unused gym membership and eating Lays all day instead of doing shark squats... what a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    I am very happy her pursues his dreams.

Not because I support his dreams. But because I think Blizzard games will be better without him.
    He worked on literally 2 games that made it to release. 3 counting Legion. I highly doubt at least WoD's shortgivings were attributed to him alone. Also 1 person does not make a difference especially with WoW which has a large team. As for Diablo both him and Pardo share responsibility for that mess in vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BetaConstrictor View Post
    I bet they're sitting on an unused gym membership and eating Lays all day instead of doing shark squats... what a disgrace.
    Mate I dare not even go near a gym. Also what the fuck are "lays"?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-06-07 at 02:10 AM.

In the end I'm not really going to miss Jay "Double Cheeseburger" Wilson since PvP has always been half of the game for many players and he never seemed to care much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Mate I dare not even go near a gym. Also what the fuck are "lays"?
    Lays is what happens when you go to the gym 5 times a week, or so I've heard. It's also an excellent brand of chips.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't he largely responsible for the bloody nightmare that was the RMAH? I can't say I'm sad to see him go, because I can't think of a single positive thing he did for a Blizzard game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Wasn't he largely responsible for the bloody nightmare that was the RMAH? I can't say I'm sad to see him go, because I can't think of a single positive thing he did for a Blizzard game.
    Him and Pardo were.

I don't understand. Do we hate people for taking chances and failing (Diablo III before reaper) or do we hate them for doing the same thing over and over (CoD). What should I hate?

Quote Originally Posted by OriginZero View Post
    I don't understand. Do we hate people for taking chances and failing (Diablo III before reaper) or do we hate them for doing the same thing over and over (CoD). What should I hate?
    There's taking a chance and learning from it, and there's taking a chance then telling everyone they're wrong until they're removed from it and then pretty much fired later.

Quote Originally Posted by harruin View Post
    There's taking a chance and learning from it, and there's taking a chance then telling everyone they're wrong until they're removed from it and then pretty much fired later.
    This. Also similarly, the whole ordeal with Brevik, it wouldn't have been so bad if he admitted he was wrong right away, and learned from his mistake.

The big problem with FTL Jay is his arrogance and lack of maturity. It's okay to make mistakes, but own up and take responsibility right away, not after you are forced to. If he was some kind of genius his lack of maturity might be forgivable. However, considering his poor foresight and lack of design ability, when you tack on immature and arrogant to that he doesn't have many redeeming qualities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    And big surprise, loads of nasty comments.

Seriously, you don't know this guy.

He can be the nicest guy in the world, but on the game development level he sucks and is an ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    And not a single Fuck that loser was given on that day.

after all that shit, blizzard released in the last few years (and selling crap as gold), they and ppl like wilson (responsible ppls) deserved that shitstorm. this is not "haters gonna hate". this is "you get what you deserved". and that is fine.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck That Loser

Quote Originally Posted by davidcryix View Post
    You and everyone posting screenshots of this quote need to give it a rest. You don't know Jay and you don't know Brevek and you don't have ANY clue what the context of their relationship was when Jay made that comment. And none of you are in a position to heap so much judgement and shit on a person who said one bad thing to a person who said some negative things about friends and project they just finished working on and were clearly feeling a little raw about due to bad reception.

Find a new shtick
    Nope. Everyone can and should post it because it's relevant to our feelings about the guy, so it doesn't matter if it's old shtick when it comes to this thread.

As far as "we don't know this or that" about the situation - it doesn't matter. When Jay decided to make his feelings about another person public on a social media site, he subjected himself to every ill, mis, and un informed person out there on the internet. You are right that none of us know what was going on between those two - which is why Jay should have kept his mouth shut about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Him and Pardo were.
    Pardo was likely the key guy behind it. I mean he's partly the reason why Overwatch failed as an MMO as he kept pushing for a more gritty atmosphere while Metzen wanted a more comic book style.

Waiting for the quote about "rats leaving a sinking ship"

Stood in the Fire Chromeshellking's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ding dong the bitch dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    Another shitposter who has no idea what they're talking about. They're here in droves. Not like it's surprising.
    So you think the moves Jay Wilson put on WoW are good?
    Completely killing the idea of legendary items.
    "paragon leveling" in form of artifact talents which will make the first PvE tier unbalanced.

I'll agree with "greater rift" 5 man dungeons as a good thing, the rest is really bad for an MMO like Warcraft...

There's a reason why the bulk of Diablo 3 players stop after 3-4 weeks into a season, the grind is not fun or rewarding, it also promotes botting. What do you think will happen when each spec in Legion will have multiple low drop rate Legendary items? That's right, botters everywhere!
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2016-06-07 at 05:52 AM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

I'm still salty about what he did to D3 so I'm not upset to see him go

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Because Diablo 3, that he made, was way too hardcore for casual Diablo 2 players.
    For me it was way too casual, as a hardcore d2 player.