Dutch:
    http://www.nu.nl/binnenland/4273785/...-nijmegen.html
    http://www.nrc.nl/next/2016/06/06/ne...eldorf-1625633

French:
    http://www.lemonde.fr/europe/article...2096_3214.html

English - lacking some new info:
    http://www.thelocal.de/20160602/isis...arrests-france

Translation from the Dutch links:

A Syrian man called Saleh A. reported himself to the French police on February 1st, saying a sleeper cell consisting of 20 men was waiting for a call to arms from ISIS, stating they'd be ready to act within 24 hours of being called up. The sleeper cell was spread out between refugee camps in Nijmegen and Düsseldorf. The German police arrested three Syrian men last Thursday, using information released by Saleh A.

They had planned for two suicide bombers to detonate explosives along a main thoroughfare near the area’s subway station, a popular area in Düsseldorf, while other armed attackers were to carry out further killings with weapons and more explosives.

Saleh and two of the arrested men traveled to Europe via Turkey (2014) and the Balkans (2015). Initially, Saleh A was supposed to deliver a video to the Vatican showing that the kidnapped priest Paolo Dall’Oglio was still alive. For some reason this didn't happen, and Saleh A decided to report himself after being tired of roaming from refugee camp to refugee camp for two years (calling himself an ex-jihadist).

Police are still investigating his motive and claims, but seeing as three related Syrians got arrested already, it seems fairly accurate.

No arrests have taken place yet in The Netherlands, and the Dutch Public Prosecution Service can't comment on "ongoing investigations".

-------

So, that still leaves us with at least 16 (known) sleeper agents most likely spread out between The Netherlands and Germany, possibly other Northern European countries too. Considering some members of this cell already got arrested, how unlikely does it seem that the remaining ones will strike (soon)?

10+ Year Old Account
    You're saying that out of millions of people, a dozen were bad? Gee, that's almost like, statistically average.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just confirms what we already were suspicious of, really. I'd hope they can capture the others, but this should be the kind of wakeup call that people need to realize that we can't allow all of these refugees to run free because no one knows which ones are threats and which are not.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    You're saying that out of millions of people, a dozen were bad? Gee, that's almost like, statistically average.
    Well when your dead body is found in 7 pieces in a subway somewhere youll be a statistical average as well, eh buddy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Just confirms what we already were suspicious of, really. I'd hope they can capture the others, but this should be the kind of wakeup call that people need to realize that we can't allow all of these refugees to run free because no one knows which ones are threats and which are not.
    We don't know which of the babies born will be threats or not, either. WE CANNOT ALLOW THESE BABIES TO BE RAISED IN OUR COUNTRIES WHERE THEY COULD END UP BECOMING KILLERS!

Edit: I think all refugees should be vetted, but no matter what happens during any migration of people at any time - be it legal immigration, asylum seekers, vacationers, or folks traveling on business - there is no way to 100% ensure that those traveling will not commit any crimes. The best that countries can to is enforce their current security and safety checks on all travelers of all types, and actively work to thwart anyone who would attempt to harm others in their country.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Well when your dead body is found in 7 pieces in a subway somewhere youll be a statistical average as well, eh buddy?
    I'm infinitely more concerned about being killed by a traffic collision than I am any act of terror. Statistically, it's pretty likely that the traffic collision is actually what will kill me compared to a terrorist attack.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2016-06-07 at 01:24 AM.

We're talking about hypothetical dead bodies caused by refugees, where in reality the dead bodies caused by terrorist cells have pretty much all come from legal immigrants or naturalised citizens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, actually I would. Very few people are murderers, even less are terrorists. You have a better chance of being killed in an auto accident on your way to work by someone texting than being killed by an ISIS terrorist, or any terrorist for that matter.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, actually I would. Very few people are murderers, even less are terrorists. You have a better chance of being killed in an auto accident on your way to work by someone texting than being killed by an ISIS terrorist, or any terrorist for that matter.
    I don't really get your point, 7 terrorists in Paris last fall murdered over a 100 people in a day.

I mean, even in 2001 the regular homicide rate was more than quadruple the number of deaths in the 9/11 attacks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    I don't really get your point, 7 terrorists in Paris last fall murdered over a 100 people in a day.
    So? There were 365 days last year. Over 3300 people died in cars in France in 2014 (I don't have 2015 statistics). That's 250/month. You're still at least 2.5 times more likely to die from a car accident than from a terrorist. There were over 18000 deaths from heart disease, that's over ~1500/month. So you're 15 times more likely to die from heart disease than terrorists.

So until you can actually demonstrate that terrorists are more dangerous than the day-to-day French lifestyle, I will continue to be immune to your BS fearmongering.

Just, be kind.

You'd probably have more people die in car crashes than people falling into a 30 foot wide sinkhole in the middle of the street too. Doesn't mean you'd leave the sink hole around.

Death comparisons are always retarded in these discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I mean, even in 2001 the regular homicide rate was more than quadruple the number of deaths in the 9/11 attacks...
    If you take gang violence out of this equation, the homicide rate plummets. And let's be honest, unless you live in inner city Chicago...Detroit, East St. Louis, you really got nothing to worry about

And this is fucking so perfect from refugee apologists. LOL YOU GOT KILLED BY A SUICIDE BOMBER? WELL, YOU COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED BY A TEXTING TEENAGER!

Stop with the red herrings. Being killed by something deliberate is far more worse than a dipshit teenager. Teenagers (and any auto accident) will always be present with the human equation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    Stop with the red herrings. Being killed by something deliberate is far more worse than a dipshit teenager. Teenagers (and any auto accident) will always be present with the human equation.
    Far worse yes, but not more likely to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    If you take gang violence out of this equation, the homicide rate plummets. And let's be honest, unless you live in inner city Chicago...Detroit, East St. Louis, you really got nothing to worry about

And this is fucking so perfect from refugee apologists. LOL YOU GOT KILLED BY A SUICIDE BOMBER? WELL, YOU COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED BY A TEXTING TEENAGER!

This is probably one of the worst arguments in support of "war against terrorism" I've ever heard. What does it matter by what and by who you get killed?
    Mass media did a good job making the population paranoid, if THIS is the kind of arguments people are using now.

Rest easy, number of deaths from terrorist attacks is so insignificant compared to other deaths, that it hardly warrants even mentioning it, let alone sacrifice freedoms for the sake of "war against terrorism". And the argument "BUT DYING FROM A TERRORIST ATTACK IS WORSE THAN DYING FROM A CAR COLLISION" is just ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    And the argument "BUT DYING FROM A TERRORIST ATTACK IS WORSE THAN DYING FROM A CAR COLLISION" is just ridiculous.
    Well, a terrorist attack is the government failing to properly defend their citizens and a car collision is an accident(usually). But no, you're right, they're totally the same and the government should do nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Well, a terrorist attack is the government failing to properly defend their citizens and a car collision is an accident(usually). But no, you're right, they're totally the same and the government should do nothing.
    I don't understand... Why isn't a car collision the government failing to properly defend their citizens? You don't think they could have taken measures to significantly reduce the number of car crashes - like, for example, ban all cars? Because that's the same thing as banning refugees' entrance just because some of them are actually terrorists.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

I don't understand... Why isn't a car collision the government failing to properly defend their citizens? You don't think they could have taken measures to significantly reduce the number of car crashes - like, for example, ban all cars? Because that's the same thing as banning refugees' entrance just because some of them are actually terrorists.
    this.
    and also, terrorist attacks are spectacular (in the truest sense of the word) but i'd be more worried about cars
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Cars are necessary for transportation.

No one is saying the government should do nothing. Of course we should vet everyone coming into the country and it's perfectly fine to be more cautious with people from certain areas and backgrounds during times like this but outright banning them would just create more terrorists and if you don't understand why then there's no point in continuing the conversation.
    I didn't say ban them, but the governments just can't let them stream across. They're refugees, not citizens. They should be well taken care of and all that, but they need to be watched and monitored closely.

There are plenty of less (or in some cases more) efficient modes of travel that could be used instead of cars that would cut down on traffic fatalities dramatically.

I didn't say ban them, but the governments just can't let them stream across. They're refugees, not citizens. They should be well taken care of and all that, but they need to be watched and monitored closely.
    They're not letting them "just stream across". The governments on the front line are doing their best to process the refugees and the countries that eventually accept them all, to my knowledge, have vetting processes in place. If they don't, they should put them in place. I don't think anyone is asking or expecting for countries to freely accept any and all refugees without doing any background checks or vetting of them beforehand.

10+ Year Old Account

Same way, the institute of refuge is necessary for the world peace. "Can't let them stream across" is kinda like "Can't let manufacturers just sell cars". I mean, both statements are sensible, but their implementation is not necessarily so.

There are better arguments against letting the refugees flow in freely, than "But 0.00005% of them are terrorists!".