Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Heard that some dungeons are held behind reputation gates in Legion. True or false?

If true, what is needed to unlock said dungeons? Dailies? Kill <x number> of mobs? Questline? Trying to find info on this but apparently I'm blind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    True, to unlock 2 Suramar dungeons you need to reach reputation requirement, not much though.

Everything else is open.

Great that will making qing for those dungeons to take longer......uuurrgggg.

Ether gate all or gate none IMO.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Great that will making qing for those dungeons to take longer......uuurrgggg.

Ether gate all or gate none IMO.
    Lets just remove all incentive to play the game while we are at it.
    ....Or, just do the required rep. its not a lot

Suramar are the only ones gated and many of us like this change. People who refuse to do the quests can have fun with the other 8 dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    True, to unlock 2 Suramar dungeons you need to reach reputation requirement
    nice finally some good news

10+ Year Old Account
    it shouldn't make it longer if you queue for random. It should be the same amount of time.

It will mostly likely be change by 7.1 due to rage
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

True.

I could take the time to debunk the wide eyed optimism about how fast, easy and enjoyable the grind is, but I think it'll be funnier if it hits live as it is so I won't. The rage and tears will be hilarious. And then people will realize you have to do the same for every alt
    Last edited by Goshko; 2016-06-07 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Remember how in Cataclysm you had to merely discover the dungeon's entrance in order to unlock it? It only took two months to revert that.

Should be interesting to see how long it takes them to revert this one.

by 7.1 people should have the 6k rep easily...

why would blizzard change it.

and if they dont have the required rep they dont deserve it, how hard is it to do 3 dailys a day....

like serious there just asking you to play the game to play more of it.

crying about it being gated behind rep is the same as being a winging bitch about heroics only being able to be done at max lvl....
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post

and if they dont have the required rep they dont deserve it, how hard is it to do 3 dailys a day....

like serious there just asking you to play the game to play more of it.

crying about it being gated behind rep is the same as being a winging bitch about heroics only being able to be done at max lvl....
    Ask MoP how people likes gating
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post

Alts. I'm curious how much faster will raiders burn out when they have to redo that shit for each alt.

Mop is almost equal to BC in my eyes it was wonderful. Vocal minority likes to whine rage and bitch. Also it will be alt unfriendly but idc the game shouldn't be built around having 12 capped and raid ready toons

because back in BC, arguably one of the most successful expansions to date. heroics weren't gated to honored. i guess it didnt work then? its only for 2 dungeons, obviously a testing ground to see how the wrath babys and beyond welcome it, which in my opinion will be well. unless you enjoy sitting on your garrison with no reason whatsoever to go on the world and gain reputation, do quests, etc.

Deleted
    *Look back at MoP dailies* shudder....

Sincerely I don't care the gating of some dungeon with rep if they are not annoying dailies grinding and the reputation you get will be from doing quests in the main storyline of the zone and some dailies.

The real problem is: Fewer people will be doing them, the queue will be higher for them = at some point people will not care to grind the rep and they will not even approach to try to do them, meaning the death of said dungeon (other than some guys that want to do them in Mythic+). It will be alt-unfriendly.

All the people complaining about que times lol. Do you not have in game friends or a guild? God forbid you pug. People are so lazy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by berdrek View Post
    because back in BC, arguably one of the most successful expansions to date. heroics weren't gated to honored. i guess it didnt work then? its only for 2 dungeons, obviously a testing ground to see how the wrath babys and beyond welcome it, which in my opinion will be well. unless you enjoy sitting on your garrison with no reason whatsoever to go on the world and gain reputation, do quests, etc.
    I played in TBC, I was a hardcore gamer at the time and I didn't like the fact I needed to grind some reputation to enter heroic dungeons, but I did it anyway because I was addicted at the time
    Anyway, the keys were necessary only if you wanted to do the heroic modes. Some dungeons were gated behind a short chain quest or you needed to complete the first wing of a dungeon to get access to next one (Sethekk Halls to have access to Shadow Labyrinth for example).
    And to get honored with some factions were easy, doing all the quests of a zone almost gave you honored status (not Honor Hold, because f*ck you, that's why), so it wasn't a problem.

Short chain quest and little grinding = good thing.
    Long chain quest and medium grinding = bad thing, imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    All the people complaining about que times lol. Do you not have in game friends or a guild? God forbid you pug. People are so lazy
    Yes and yes. But friends are not always online and the guild is little with people doing other things most of the time.
    But I don't complain about long queues because it changes nothing for me, for a simple reason: I can do something else while waiting, I can even play some other games while waiting. People crying about long queues make it seems there is nothing to do in the game while waiting or there is nothing they can do in real life in the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverware View Post
    Remember how in Cataclysm you had to merely discover the dungeon's entrance in order to unlock it? It only took two months to revert that.

Should be interesting to see how long it takes them to revert this one.
    I like that there are dungeons gated behind some rep, like alot of people said, its not alot of rep and it makes people actually do something instead of just sitting afk while waiting for a que to pop.

But i think that the reason behind Blizzard removing having to discover the entrance to a dungeon to be able to do it, was because of the silly location of the Vashjir dungeon, If you did the quest line in that zone, it took you ages to actually get to the dungeon entrance, and even if you got there, their was very little mention of there being a dungeon at the bottom, leaving alot of people confused or frustrated, i know its not hard to look up locations on the interwebs, but it really shouldnt be needed to do so, and if you started in Mount Hyjal instead, you were out of luck, Alliance COULD fly from Stormwind to Vashjir and get to the dungeon, but it wasnt that easy.

As far as accesability goes, them removing having to locate a dungeon is good, gating it to some rep is even better, i like it!
    Last edited by Saýa; 2016-06-07 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Grammar is not my strong suit !