Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Draenor Flying buyable for gold in Legion

Hi,

I just bought subscription recently, trying to get myself into riding group b4 Legion.

I do not have flying in Draenor and therefore I'd like to ask you if you think/believe/there are any indications that FLYING in Draenor will be possible to get through GOLD or other(easier, faster means) than atm.

My guess is that it would be the same as Pandaria. Yes it will be able to be bought with gold, but only @ lvl100. At level 100, I couldn't care less about Draenor as i'd want to be getting out of that hell hole as soon as possible, just as much as I did in Pandaria when I hit 90. Didn't buy flying on any of my alts, once I hit 90 I moved on to Draenor, where I had account-wide flying (Which they should have done with Pandaria.)

Quote Originally Posted by Taurendi View Post
    Hi,

I just bought subscription recently, trying to get myself into riding group b4 Legion.

I do not have flying in Draenor and therefore I'd like to ask you if you think/believe/there are any indications that FLYING in Draenor will be possible to get through GOLD or other(easier, faster means) than atm.
    No indications. They said you will unlock flying by doing the pathfinder-like meta achievement (explore all zones, do all quests, get most reps to revered, this kind of stuff). They didn't say when you will finally get flying apart from "not in 7.0".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aviconus View Post
    My guess is that it would be the same as Pandaria. Yes it will be able to be bought with gold, but only @ lvl100. At level 100, I couldn't care less about Draenor as i'd want to be getting out of that hell hole as soon as possible, just as much as I did in Pandaria when I hit 90. Didn't buy flying on any of my alts, once I hit 90 I moved on to Draenor, where I had account-wide flying (Which they should have done with Pandaria.)
    No. See above.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    No indications. They said you will unlock flying by doing the pathfinder-like meta achievement (explore all zones, do all quests, get most reps to revered, this kind of stuff). They didn't say when you will finally get flying apart from "not in 7.0".
    Draenor is not 7.0
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post

- - - Updated - - -

No. See above.
    You misread the post, he is asking if in legion will the requirement on draenor flying be lifted, much like it is in everything but MoP (which requires a tome from the BMAH)
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    At the moment both xpacs work differently and I don't really see them change it, but who knows? Pandaria flying does not unlock until 90 (so my last two alts cannot fly there). You quest on ground mount no matter what from 85-90.
    Inaccurate. You can fly at any level 85+ in Pandaria, you just have to buy a Grimoire of the Four Winds, available just about every other day on the BMAH.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=110672/g...the-four-winds

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Draenor is not 7.0
    Because I meant Legion.

Oh, damn, the OP asked about getting flying for Draenor in Legion, not getting flying for Legion in Legion. Disregard my posts then, I was talking about the latter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrim View Post
    Inaccurate. You can fly at any level 85+ in Pandaria, you just have to buy a Grimoire of the Four Winds, available just about every other day on the BMAH.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=110672/g...the-four-winds
    It's super cheap now too
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    You misread the post, he is asking if in legion will the requirement on draenor flying be lifted, much like it is in everything but MoP (which requires a tome from the BMAH)
    Yes, I just noticed. Apologies to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    It's super cheap now too
    Definitely not on high population realms, but since it's BoA then yes, you can definitely snipe it for around 3-4K on a low-pop realm groups.

Draenor is an account-wide achievement and thus you can fly after you have build the lv 1 Garrison (if one of your lv 100 chars unlocked flying)
    Any new player will (currently and no different plans were announced) have to quest through Draenor on groundmount....or use the lv 100 boost to get past that.
    Draenor flying has nothing to do with the garrison. My latest alt entered Draenor through that cave in the Timeless Isle that ports you to Gorgrond, because after 11 alts I really couldn't stomach that initial questline anymore. I flew to SMV, mining/herbing along the way, and completed the quests to start construction of my garrison (kill some birds, chop some trees etc) while flying. Maybe it's just the introduction quest chain that doesn't allow flying.

For level 85-90 you can buy a BoA book that teaches you Pandaria flying. It's only available from the BMAH.

Deleted
    So the presumption is, that I will be able to learn flying in DRAENOR (once Legion comes out) for gold.

Yes?

Ah, ofc..I overlooked that, thanks. So technically such a thing could become also available for Draenor - then again it could send those foaming at the mouth who "worked hard" to unlock Draenor pathfinding.
    Foaming at the mouth? I doubt it. They have been doing this now every expansion since Wrath. I don't think most people feel cheated when they put fast forwards into old content. The Pathfinding thing could also just get a straight up nerf to only require the exploration achievements and not the gated rep crawl too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Maybe it's just the introduction quest chain that doesn't allow flying.
    It's a scenario. They definitely disabled flying in that scenario because of how much it would break the cinematics if you, say, flew over Kargath's arena.

Deleted
    So the presumption is, that I will be able to learn flying in DRAENOR (once Legion comes out) for gold. Yes?
    NO!
    There is ZERO indication for that. Its not that hard to do the meta on ONE toon so that EVERY toon on your bnet account can fly there....

So the presumption is, that I will be able to learn flying in DRAENOR (once Legion comes out) for gold.

Yes?
    Based on how it was done with MoP flying, most likely yes.

No confirmation yet though.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    NO!
    There is ZERO indication for that. Its not that hard to do the meta on ONE toon so that EVERY toon on your bnet account can fly there....
    Tanaan Jungle is an alt catchup zone, like Timeless Isle was. Once the new expansion comes out, they no longer require people to use catchups. This means anyone in Tanaan after Legion will be unable to benefit from group content, ample supplies of Medallions the AH, etc. Something will obviously need to change.

I expect a nerf to Pathfinder for people who skipped WoD completely and then some kind of BoA tome that requires Pathfinder for alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrim View Post
    Tanaan Jungle is an alt catchup zone, like Timeless Isle was. Once the new expansion comes out, they no longer require people to use catchups. This means anyone in Tanaan after Legion will be unable to benefit from group content, ample supplies of Medallions the AH, etc. Something will obviously need to change.

I expect a nerf to Pathfinder for people who skipped WoD completely and then some kind of BoA tome that requires Pathfinder for alts.
    You can also wreck it super hard soloing it at 110, making it way faster than at 100.
    Ones brain cannot co-pilot if ones mouth is on auto-pilot.

Yes?
    There is no current indication, on the Beta, PTR, or from Blizzard statements, that there will be any changes made to the requirements for Draenor Flying in the near future.

Something may be added at some point in the future, but we don't currently have any information about any achievement changes or new items that would allow Draenor flying to be earned differently.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2016-06-07 at 07:45 AM.

Draenor flying is shared on your account. If you have this achieve on 1 character you can fly on other chars cause its pretty hard to achieve. So its not like in MoP and cannot be buyable for gold in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes?
    While some replies certainly do presume that Blizzard may change how to earn Draenor flying once Legion is live, there has been no indication from Blizzard that they have any intention to so. Obviously it's up to you if you want to wait to see if Blizzard do change it after Legion goes live, but it's not currently a known change that will occur when Legion goes live. Maybe Blizzard might change it in a later patch, but that just means you could potentailly be waiting months for a change that may never actually happen! It may be worth noting that Blizzard seem to like this method of earning flying in an expac instead of simply handing over a chunk of gold to a vendor, so, given that Legion flying will be earnt via a meta-achievement as well, I very much doubt they'll make Draenor flying any easier to obtain than it is now.
    Playing WoW since July 2005!
    MMO's I'm playing/played: WoW; SWTOR; FFXIV; ESO; GW; GW2; LotRO; STO; Neverwinter; DDO; Riders of Icarus; Rift; Rift Prime; AoC; Aion; Tera; EQ; EQ2; SWG; Vanguard; Matrix Online; PWI; Fallen Earth; Lineage 2; ArchLord; RF Online