Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    What exactly is not working? We're hosting over a million refugees in Germany alone. Life hasn't changed one bit. I still have to go to work, I still don't get mugged. And a random bicycler got shot a few days ago near my place anyway. By a local, mind you. Shit happens, that's life. Pushing your anti-refugee agenda really gets tiresome after a year of almost nothing actually happening. That New Year's rave you guys had? That's all you had.
    Anecdotes and a strawman. Doing great there, hero of justice.

Again, refugees cannot enter the domestic work market for a long time. And when they do, they will work the minimum pay jobs that nobody else wants to do. The unemployed nationals you're talking about? Usually they do not even want to do the jobs that falls to these people.
    You don't see a issue with that? Having millions of unemployed people taking massive amounts of resources and likely not being able to contribute only minimize the amount of wel fare they will need their entire lives?

At some point charity becomes self destructive there needed to be a cap in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Anecdotes and a strawman. Doing great there, hero of justice.
    Anecdotes? I'm just using it as an example to illustrate what I see in the paper: Not a lot of shit happening when you expect the world to go under in a blaze of fire according to you lot. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Doing great with the personal attacks there, friend.

How does it feel to be so riled up by someone's opinion that all there's left for you to do is throw personal attacks?
    It feels great buddy! Clearly you've never seen Tropic Thunder, if you feel that was a personal attack then report the post. Please do, I love infractions.

Argued as cleverly as one could expect you to.
    See, I could say that could be construed as a personal attack on someones intellect, but it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Fable View Post
    You don't see a issue with that? Having millions of unemployed people taking massive amounts of resources and likely not being able to contribute only minimize the amount of wel fare they will need their entire lives?

At some point charity becomes self destructive there needed to be a cap in place.
    Well, they're refugees, so obviously at some point the war will end and they will not be refugees any longer and can go home. That would be the hope at least.

Those that want to stay can go through the normal immigration processes for the country they want to live in, otherwise back home to rebuild their own country.

Sure there needs to be a cap in place. But here's the thing that you aren't getting. Germany is so filthy rich that we can afford to just feed them for a long while. And then we'll send them back or if it takes too long, start the integration process at which point they'll start contributing to the greater good by paying taxes like everyone else does. And you know what? We'll be even more filthy rich then...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

You tell me, you haven't contributed to the discussion yourself very much, have you?
    Don't act so entitled, expecting higher quality and more nuanced posts from others when all you're doing is attacking and demonizing people who don't disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Well, they're refugees, so obviously at some point the war will end and they will not be refugees any longer and can go home. That would be the hope at least.

Those that want to stay can go through the normal immigration processes for the country they want to live in, otherwise back home to rebuild their own country.
    I don't actually think anyone is expecting them to return home at this point are they? Don't get me wrong that would be the preferred thing for them to just leave in a couple years at most but I just can't see that happening.

Speaking purely idealistically the response would be "so what?" These are people, not cattle. They should have a chance to live free and prosper and the opportunity to escape tyranny, even if that means taking care of them is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    this is cute.
    What is? You being here still pretending you have something useful to say?

Eh personal insults are more entertaining when you're talking to someone with the intelligence of a brick wall.
    Hence why I repaid the favor!

Don't act so entitled, expecting higher quality and more nuanced posts from others when all you're doing is attacking and demonizing people who don't disagree with you.
    First, why would I attack people that agree with me? Second, I'm not attacking people that disagree with me either, I'm attacking their opinion when it's based on bullshit and ignorance. That lucky fable could be a swell dude, why would I attack him personally? I genuinely think he's misguided by all the propaganda flying around. If all you do is read the propaganda websites, I can understand that you're just about to slit your wrists, because what's the point, the world is going to end literally tomorrow. Any day now.

My only hope is that he realises there must be a reason why I'm so vehemently opposing him. Perhaps he'll look into the matter some more for himself after this and educate himself about what the real world actually looks like. I'll never know, because he'll not come back and admit he's been frauded... but I know eventually he'll grow up to be an adult and see reason.

Sure there needs to be a cap in place. But here's the thing that you aren't getting. Germany is so filthy rich that we can afford to just feed them for a long while. And then we'll send them back or if it takes too long, start the integration process at which point they'll start contributing to the greater good by paying taxes like everyone else does. And you know what? We'll be even more filthy rich then...
    I think a whole lot has to go perfectly well for that to work out and just a little something needs to go wrong for it o backfire epicly.

I am a gambling lass and I would not put my money on that plan working out.

Anecdotes? I'm just using it as an example to illustrate what I see in the paper: Not a lot of shit happening when you expect the world to go under in a blaze of fire according to you lot. :P
    More so, "The world has to literally be on fire and then we'll consider that something might not be working." from 'you lot'.

Lol ew. Im guessing you're probably around 18 or so. Otherwise you would have a bit more capacity to see how what you're saying is inhumane and manipulative. You'd also have a bit more of an understanding of what caused these conflicts instead of blaming it on their culture? ? ?

Honestly don't go around saying this uninformed trite. It's actually quite vile that you're painting entire populations of people as "children who need to be educated" You're almost as bad as Hilary Clinton saying black kids should be brought to heel. At least you don't have big platform for this garbage.
    "what you're saying is inhumane" yeah lets see how "inhumane" the news storys report you being chopped into little pieces by terrorist, you're a bit too emotional for discussion, thank god you dont have a platform to spread your message of cultural suicide

Deleted
    Bitches about us calling someone out on their bullshit and calls it personal attacks, proceeds to do the same. Excellent logic friend. Not like we actually tried to have an adult conversation when all we had in return was propaganda fueled bollocks.

I don't actually think anyone is expecting them to return home at this point are they? Don't get me wrong that would be the preferred thing for them to just leave in a couple years at most but I just can't see that happening.
    Once Syria is safe, many of them will want to go home. Some may stay if they feel they're integrated enough to have a shot, but unsurprisingly, we don't have many Kosovo refugees here anymore. And they don't get asylum if they try to get back to Germany. It's not really like they come here as refugees and then stay forever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellishreaper View Post
    you're a bit too emotional for discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellishreaper View Post
    "what you're saying is inhumane" yeah lets see how "inhumane" the news storys report you being chopped into little pieces by terrorist
    /loltooshortlikemeirl

I made it with paint in 2 seconds because you're not worth the time.

Im saying your beliefs are so disgusting in nature come a violent revolution you will probably be shot.

Well I mean they are not exactly unemployable. People have this amazing thing called "THE CAPACITY TO LEARN" it's quite cool.

I mean these are people we're talking about not NPCs in some video game.
    wait you think if a revolution happened he'd be shot? IRONY LOL considering its you emotional twits who are always the first to go because you never see it coming

Why is adding more deaths a year to the tally a desirable thing so long as it is any number less then what is already recorded in terms of murder.

I fail to see it as a positive...
    Because I was arguing that terrorists murdering people is a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I think a whole lot has to go perfectly well for that to work out and just a little something needs to go wrong for it o backfire epicly.

I am a gambling lass and I would not put my money on that plan working out.
    Let's talk real here for a second: What exactly do you think could go wrong? And how do you mean epicly? Civil war? Heck, this is Germany. Do you think we're still wet behind our ears? Chances are we knew how to deal with riots and civil uprisings before your country was discovered by Europeans. And I'm saying this not even knowing where you are, that's how long ago Germany has been Germanic. It'll take a lot, A LOT more than a million refugees all rioting at once to be an actual danger to the nation.