Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    So this might be a bit of a whine post to some of you but I am actually really curious about the reasoning behind the play style that people have.

Yesterday I played for 13 hours and I ran into A LOT of people that were either stupid on purpose .. not.

One of the examples was attack on Numabi.
    We get an insta lock widow and insta lock hanzo.
    Neither of them wants to switch and after 3 people asked if they could please switch we got an answer saying "I pay for my game so I play what I want".
    After saying this is a team game and this is just going to make us lose they said "Don't care, play what I want".

We ofcourse lost quite hard as the enemy genji and winston just destroyed them and they refused to switch.
    After looking at their profile's you could see that they hardly played any other hero's but those.

Another example would be an hour later attack on Temple of Anubis.

My self + 3 others pick Winston - Winston - Pharah & Lucio .. so kind of rushy to get trough the first gate.
    Then number 5 locks in Hanzo & number 6 locks in .. Hanzo.

Again asked if they would mind swapping to something useful as these picks would be absolutely shit on this map on attack and in the comp.
    We carried them into point A and then actually won point B in a rush while the 2 hanzo's were still at the gates trying to fight a sniper on their team...
    After being asked what the hell they were doing we got a "Having fun"..
    (this was solo queue btw. I don't know the other 3 people that actually played).

Example number 3.
    Attack on route 66.

I lock in Pharah because I had been playing reinhardt, mercy, lucio and Winston all morning and wanted something different.
    I get an insta lock soldier76 by 2 people and a widow, hanzo & reinhardt.
    So I asked the soldiers if one could please pick a healer as I had already been playing tank/support all morning.
    Absolulte silence from both of them so I inspected their profile.
    1: Had 36 hours on soldier and less then 10 min on 2 others (no play time on anything outside that).
    2: Had 20ish hours on soldier few hours on roadhog and no play time on anything else.

We were losing the game till someone else went mercy instead and we pushed it to a win in overtime.

I understand you want to have fun and you paid for your own game.. but not communicating, switching or even counter picking is losing you the games.
    You are playing to lose if other people are not carrying you..
    I just can't understand why people refuse to actually play WITH your team in a TEAM based game.
    Sounds like they were playing the game right: to have fun. While you are raging about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    If you decide not to run with a team, then that is your choice. They can do what they want and you have no right to tell them otherwise.
    I have no right to do so, but if I ask why the hell they are playing hero's that won't help us achieve the goal that we as a TEAM have and then get told to fuck off.. id say thats the other opposite..

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Must admit I was in 1 game where someone insta locked widow maker and for the first few points on defense this sniper was no where to be seen so I asked where he was got no response so i switched to widowmaker and decimated the enemy team, sadly some people just don't give a damned if they suck with a class they just want to play the one that looks the coolest.
    How exactly do you practice a hero without playing it... Just sayin'
    It's quick play; the mode you're meant to be in, practising with a hero before going to ranked and not sucking with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I hate to be that guy, but why didn't you adjust around them? I get that they're being jerks, but, being part of a team means putting up with that as well. You should've adjusted rather than bicker.
    hell yah! Jerks win! I do what the hell I want and all of you losers better adjust to it, obey you losers, adjust! losers

I should run for president, but there's gotta be an easier way to get half a million

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Sounds like they were playing the game right: to have fun. While you are raging about it.
    Raging? Jumping to conclusions?
    I ASKED them what they were doing and if they would mind switching.
    I never said I raged or did anything.
    You just jumped to the conclusion that I did because I asked a question.

To be fair, a game that stresses teamwork along with random pugs is a recipe for disaster. The exact formula is difficult to hit.

Deleted
    In the meantime, people can't acknowledge that the ennemy is just better and tend to assume it's always because of picks that you lose, I mean, whenever you ask them why the team comp is that bad, they can't manage to explain it
    Saying retarded things such as "there are too much offense heroes" or "there are too much snipers" is not an explanation, you're gonna have to explain how is that an issue if you want your complaint to be valid

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    hell yah! Jerks win! I do what the hell I want and all of you losers better adjust to it, obey you losers, adjust! losers

I should run for president, but there's gotta be an easier way to get half a million
    Jerks don't win, jerks just remain jerks. I would've hoped Blizzard made it punishable (or at least, a slap on the wrist) to not co-operate as a team. That said, feel free to think you've won, but the reality is you didn't. Someone else carried the game for you, because you failed to be part of the team. Without them, you lost. It's definitely not a victory for jerks by any measure.

To be fair you called them stupid and said they weren't playing the game correctly. You're one of the reasons I didn't buy the game. I'd pick one hero and have fun.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are raging based on the rather lengthy rant you just posted here...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    In the meantime, people can't acknowledge that the ennemy is just better and tend to assume it's always because of picks that you lose, I mean, whenever you ask them why the team comp is that bad, they can't manage to explain it
    Never said I did not lose because the enemy team wasn't better.
    I did, got a 58% win rate yesterday out of my 50ish games and lost quite a few games because we just got recked.

That being said I do run into a lot of people insta locking hero's that just won't do any good in that particular situations which resulted in me making this post to ask for people's opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    You are raging based on the rather lengthy rant you just posted here...
    A post to see how other people think is now a lengthy rant.
    Great.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    People picking bad heroes for the map is annoying, I admit. Like I hate seeing Torb when we are attacking because why he can be good if you get your turret up in the right place, we have to get there first. It is also annoying when people pick a tank hero like Winston or Reinhardt and charge off on their own away from me as Mercy or Lucio.

I had a map where I picked Tracer because we needed an offensive hero, literally two other people switched to Tracer after I locked in and we were waiting to start. It made like no sense to me. People will play as they want.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

"I pay for my game so I play what I want".
    all that needs to be said really if you cant handle other dudes doing as they please then dont play.

The point isn't how good you are with a hero its your ability to counter the other teams plays.
    If the enemy is playing 6 widow's you better of playing a shitty played Winston then a godly played Mei.
    I agree and disagree. You ned to be able to handle your heroes well to be able to counter anything. If McCree sucks it's not problem for Traver or Genji to 1v1 him.

People in onlinegames will always misbehave. As in every other thing related to humans. That's our nature. It's sad, but brainwashing asider there is little you can do to change it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    To be fair you called them stupid and said they weren't playing the game correctly. You're one of the reasons I didn't buy the game. I'd pick one hero and have fun.
    Im glad you did not buy the game then as the pick one hero and have fun isn't how you actually win anything in this game.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem you are having is that you assume that everyone else is playing for the same reason you are. Which seems to be to win. They are playing to have fun... which seems a much more logical reason to play a game.

Deleted
    This is actually true. Can't blame people for wanting to play what they think is fun. And they did pay for their game.
    We ran into two friends that seemed to be playing Hanzo both of them together all the time (one of my friends had run into them earlier). A bit annoying, yea, but they probably had fun together.
    The only way around this is trying to create a premade with other players, that are more dedicated to win. Since there are a lot of post like these on this forum perhaps there should be a thread: "looking for group", where you people can meet and join eachother for games?

There's a difference in objectives here.

You're playing to win, the people you're complaining about play for fun.

"Winning is fun" you may argue. That's fair, but if winning is the ONLY way you can have fun, you should probably avoid pugs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post
    all that needs to be said really if you cant handle other dudes doing as they please then dont play.
    And what about the other 5 people they play with? They paid for their game and try to make the best out of it?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerlemon View Post
    There's a difference in objectives here.

You're playing to win, the people you're complaining about play for fun.

"Winning is fun" you may argue. That's fair, but if winning is the ONLY way you can have fun, you should probably avoid pugs.
    Perhaps for you. I've had wins that sucked and loses that were tons of fun. If the only thing you are worried about is winning you are always going to end up having a bad time eventually.