Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    And what about the other 5 people they play with? They paid for their game and try to make the best out of it?
    They can do what they want too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    This is actually true. Can't blame people for wanting to play what they think is fun. And they did pay for their game.
    We ran into two friends that seemed to be playing Hanzo both of them together all the time (one of my friends had run into them earlier). A bit annoying, yea, but they probably had fun together.
    The only way around this is trying to create a premade with other players, that are more dedicated to win. Since there are a lot of post like these on this forum perhaps there should be a thread: "looking for group", where you people can meet and join eachother for games?
    I am looking into that.
    I do play with friends but I usually only have 2/3 on at the time so there will always be people filling in .

Again its not that big of an issue as it doesn't happen to much but I just wanted to get people's opinion on why this is happening as I personally would be switching to achieve the goal that set for the team.
    So it is just doesn't make sense that other people wont for me :P.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And what about the other 5 people they play with? They paid for their game and try to make the best out of it?
    That is their problem =p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerlemon View Post
    They can do what they want too.
    They can't because their game is being ruined by Hanzo472 not actually playing the game making it a 5v6.

7+ Year Old Account
    I meet really stupid people all of the time in game. five minutes ago I ran the daily heroic on my resto druid. ( I could have just healed as balance... but being randoms I went resto)

anyway, I end up in a bad dps group with a Discipline priest there as dps. I asked why. response; " my guild has me dps and heal, it comes in handy "doe" "

I'm sure that he is terrible at both, but whatever, thanks for wasting my time. :P
    Last edited by Dsc; 2016-06-07 at 10:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    That is their problem =p
    And this is exactly what I don't understand, if you play a team game its all of our problem not just theirs..

Deleted
    What kind of response is this? :S
    I paid for it so I play how I want? Fuck the other 5 people in my team?

Seems quite selfish to me.
    person 1: I paid for this I should be allowed to play how I want.
    Person 2: But its a team game.
    person 1: ok then what?
    person 2: You play how I tell you to play.
    person 1: um...isn't that just you doing what you told me not to do? I mean, it sounds like you are wanting people to play how you want, why?
    person 2: well, you see I paid for this game, so I want to play it how I want, which means you have to play it how I want you to as well..
    person 1: um, ok. Where shall i send the invoice so you can pay for my game for me?

see how that goes.
    Why do your ideas on how to play trump mine or anyone elses?
    Seems kind or arrogant, egotistical and selfish to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I hate to be that guy, but why didn't you adjust around them? I get that they're being jerks, but, being part of a team means putting up with that as well. You should've adjusted rather than bicker.
    I don't like this line of reasoning. It's arguing that decent people should bend over for the unreasonable, and that the unreasonable can just be unreasonable and that's okay - they're just like that. It creates a double standard where decent people are held to a higher standard than the a-holes, who get a pass. That's simply not right and is unfair.

Why should the player who's been playing support and tank all day have to keep doing it just because some other people won't play anything but the one (not tank or support) character? It's a game designed around teams of co-operative players playing a team of mixed characters that complement each other, and that expects one to swap characters to match the map and the flow of the fight. This has never been hidden, so players with any time in game know this. They are choosing to play in a way that's counter to the intended game play, and at the cost of their team-mates. They are having their fun at the expense of several other players.

It's probably unfair to expect every player in unrated games to be good at every character, but everyone should at least learn a tank, a support, an offence, and a defence character so they can cover each major role.
    Last edited by Kalisandra; 2016-06-07 at 10:17 AM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They can't because their game is being ruined by Hanzo472 not actually playing the game making it a 5v6.
    Your issue seems to be that they aren't playing the way you want them to play... tough shit, you only get to control your own actions son.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Perhaps for you. I've had wins that sucked and loses that were tons of fun. If the only thing you are worried about is winning you are always going to end up having a bad time eventually.
    Yeah, that's what I'm saying; not everyone is playing this game with the same goals. And that's fine.

Deleted
    Whilst I do sympathize with what you are saying as I have felt that way before in other games I think it is completely wrong to berate them for their choices. You put in your post you were tired of playing tank/support and others wouldn't pick it yet which is absolutely fine apart from when you also want a more balanced comp. Asking someone who really enjoys playing soldier 76 to switch because you want a more balanced comp and don't feel like switching is not going to work.

Personally I hop on for 1-3 games then hop off again, fortunately I like roadhog and that seems to work quite well but if I feel like a game where I play tracer and there is no support or tank and it's not the best choice to play tracer that is ok too because otherwise I would get to play something else what...once maybe a week if that.

Really it's completely subjective and it is all about what you want for the game. I do agree there should be a ranked or at least a more serious mode to help the difference in gameplay goals but as it stands it is "quick play" not "try to win or you are stupid".

P.S starting a thread by insulting people you play with because they don't agree with your viewpoint does not show you are any better.

This is a game and as such it should be fun. And if for you that means to play one hero,learn it, get better at it and master it then so be it. No one has the right to force you into playing something you dont want to. If you still strive to do the objectives and everything you can to win the game than that is all your team can demand of you. Dont listen to the haters that tell you to play this, this or this hero.
    Play whatever you want, do your best and have FUN. In the end we are all palying a game that should be fun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    person 1: I paid for this I should be allowed to play how I want.
    Person 2: But its a team game.
    person 1: ok then what?
    person 2: You play how I tell you to play.
    person 1: um...isn't that just you doing what you told me not to do? I mean, it sounds like you are wanting people to play how you want, why?
    person 2: well, you see I paid for this game, so I want to play it how I want, which means you have to play it how I want you to as well..
    person 1: um, ok. Where shall i send the invoice so you can pay for my game for me?

see how that goes.
    Why do your ideas on how to play trump mine or anyone elses?
    Seems kind or arrogant, egotistical and selfish to me.
    Because the objective of the game is to get the objective done.
    You play the game to do that and win the game.
    I am not telling you how to play the game, I am telling you you are not helping the other 5 people by playing the way you do.

I am not playing mario kart to drive the opposite direction and come in last every race.
    I am not playing Sim City to destroy every single tree on the map.
    I am not playing Hearhstone to log in and concede every single game.

It makes 0 sense for them to play this game to lose which is ultimately what they are doing.

How can people this like this "I paid for my shit, fuck everyone else around".

Deleted
    Because the objective of the game is to get the objective done.
    You play the game to do that and win the game.
    I am not telling you how to play the game, I am telling you you are not helping the other 5 people by playing the way you do.

I am not playing mario kart to drive the opposite direction and come in last every race.
    I am not playing Sim City to destroy every single tree on the map.
    I am not playing Hearhstone to log in and concede every single game.

It makes 0 sense for them to play this game to lose which is ultimately what they are doing.

sorry, you have an idea how to play the game, its not automatically right. you think you know best, but thats not the case, its just opinion.

Those other players are perfecly entitled to play how they want, and do what they think is best.
    Maybe they are not good on other heroes, maybe them swapping would reduce their performance more than having what you consider an incorrect hero choice.

Sorry, unless you pay for my game and for my time, you dont get to tell me how to play. you can play how you want on your copy of the game.

You dont get to go:
    "I paid for my copy and I am going to act like an arrogant prick and tell people how to have fun and play the game"

also, people play games for fun, not necesasrily to win at all costs. they may prefer to play and maybe lose but have fun, rather than play in a manner which you consider optimal, but they dont find fun and win.

Your goals are not everyones, your ideas are not "correct" they are just your ideas, your way of playing is just your way of playing.
    You are not the centre of the universe, you dont get to dictate what others do.

10+ Year Old Account
    wait for ranked play if you care about winning that much tbh. people will always do silly things when there's no penalty for it.

Sure they can. If someone doesn't want to play with randoms not playing the game the way they want to play, they are free not to play with randoms. You can't have it both ways.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerlemon View Post
    There's a difference in objectives here.

You're playing to win, the people you're complaining about play for fun.

"Winning is fun" you may argue. That's fair, but if winning is the ONLY way you can have fun, you should probably avoid pugs.
    You are assuming that those people are playing for fun ... in my experience, a lot of those people don't play for fun, but rather way to win as well. They just don't want to play any character other than the one they "main" and this isn't a game to main a character.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Deleted
    I rustle my jimmys when someone says:''Omg such a noob team, gg, lost'' - ''Omg this team'' Like its only been 1 minute into the match.
    Ofc i mute them right away but it just irritates the hell out of me.

I really feel like League of legends community is taking over.

You are basically doing the same thing.
    "Stop having fun in the game so I can have fun."

There is an easy solution. Run a premade team.

Wow, from what I've read, your point is that you run solo queue, you came across ppl who picked characters that weren't beneficial to your comp/map layout because this is the character they love and you are saying that they 'refuse to play the game as its supposed to'... grow up kid. They bought the game and they have every right to play as they wish, if anyone tells me not to pick genji because reasons they can go fuck off. If you want everyone to play the way YOU WANT then find a group of like-minded individuals and form a team. Because that is how the game is supposed to be played if you expect right team comps according to the map/objective you get... but oh wait, that would be forcing you to make friends.