Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You are assuming that those people are playing for fun ... in my experience, a lot of those people don't play for fun, but rather way to win as well. They just don't want to play any character other than the one they "main" and this isn't a game to main a character.
    And why won't they play another character? Maybe they want to win but playing as a hero that, although on paper is more appropriate to the situation, may not be as fun to play.

Personally I'd rather have fun and lose than have a bad time and win.
    But the opposite is totally valid too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    I don't like this line of reasoning. It's arguing that decent people should bend over for the unreasonable, and that the unreasonable can just be unreasonable and that's okay - they're just like that.
    No. Refusing to change because someone else isn't changing, is also being unreasonable. You have to ask yourself about how you want to deal with that match, at the point in time. Sometimes when I play League of Legends, I really want to play a specific champion (I play Support), and it doesn't work well with my ADC. Tough. I want to play this champion, I'll do well at it, but I'm here to have some fun.

Other times, I'll work entirely with the team. I'll pick a champion that'll help us get the win, rather than me playing for my own selfish reasons. This is how games work. Someone, somewhere, has to bend over to get the job done, and at some point, most people will be that person. If everyone just plays fairly, nicely and co-operatively, everything goes fine.

But being staunch, and rude, is a problem. However, you not swapping to a different role, is being just as staunch and rude in my opinion. Just because they started it, doesn't diminish how pathetic you're both being.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    wait for ranked play if you care about winning that much tbh. people will always do silly things when there's no penalty for it.
    Its not that I care about winning. I don't mind losing at all.
    I care about losing to "because people can't be arsed playing with a team in a team game".

Its a team game so in my opinion its team>1 person.

Guess thats not something shared by this community though seeing what the reactions have been.

Quick match.. Where people practice, or not!... You must pick the optimal set up, and how very dare you pick a hero someone else doesn't think fits

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaralah View Post
    blizzard gief ranked fast please, i dont even care about getting high ranks, i just want to play with people who wants to win
    What will stop those players from also playing ranked?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    No. Refusing to change because someone else isn't changing, is also being unreasonable. You have to ask yourself about how you want to deal with that match, at the point in time. Sometimes when I play League of Legends, I really want to play a specific champion (I play Support), and it doesn't work well with my ADC. Tough. I want to play this champion, I'll do well at it, but I'm here to have some fun.

Other times, I'll work entirely with the team. I'll pick a champion that'll help us get the win, rather than me playing for my own selfish reasons. This is how games work. Someone, somewhere, has to bend over to get the job done, and at some point, most people will be that person. If everyone just plays fairly, nicely and co-operatively, everything goes fine.

But being staunch, and rude, is a problem. However, you not swapping to a different role, is being just as staunch and rude in my opinion. Just because they started it, doesn't diminish how pathetic you're both being.
    Even in League (which I played only a few months) I would switch to a champ that the team needed.
    I was a Support main as well and I would always switch to whatever was needed most (cc, extra dmg, healing, etc).

You can't play for your self in a team game where people depend on you.. but thats how I think about it anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    What will stop those players from also playing ranked?
    It will stop them from climbing the ladder because with those picks there is only so far you can go .

So far, I hardly join games where nobody is tanking or healing.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    feel free to think you've won, but the reality is you didn't. Someone else carried the game for you, because you failed to be part of the team. Without them, you lost. It's definitely not a victory for jerks by any measure.
    "You won but you didn't win"

wtf??

Carry victories count because of all the carrying I did during the losses. My team was just as heavy as the other team, if anybody carried it's because I was their fulcrum.

I specialize in speeding up victories and defeats, just like anyone would in a world where nothing means anything because the matchmaking system is stupid.

Besides, haven't you figured out by now that every match is 1v1 with the rest of each team being bots?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    If you decide not to run with a team, then that is your choice. They can do what they want and you have no right to tell them otherwise.
    Do you recognize how horrible attitude this is?

You sign up to play Football (Soccer) and instead of kicking the ball, you pick it up and smash people on your way as if you were playing Rugby. Different rules make different sports. If Overwatch is about switching heroes to adjust to map, situation and enemy team; then you are supposed to do it. Refusing to do it, you are not playing it right and of course other players are going to call you out.

Problem is Video Games support this fucked up attitude with the easy way out. You ruin one game? No problem mate! Just press this button and join another one and maybe enemy team will be even worse than yours or your team mates will actually carry you to victory, giving you false idea of how good you are. Players will start to call you out? No worries, here is an ignore button for you.

I mean, if this happened on a playground with friends who want to play Football and with you playing Rugby instead, they would kick you out and never invite you again.

I don't even play this game, but this attitude across ALL online games just pisses me off. You don't have to be competitive, but at least try.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Guess thats not something shared by this community though seeing what the reactions have been.
    I'm sure a lot of people share your point of view. But you asked why people act the way they do.
    It annoys me too when people go Rambo and have no interest in the objective; but I understand why they do.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    You sign up to play Football (Soccer) and instead of kicking the ball, you pick it up and smash people on your way as if you were playing Rugby. Different rules make different sports. If Overwatch is about switching heroes to adjust to map, situation and enemy team; then you are supposed to do it. Refusing to do it, you are not playing it right and of course other players are going to call you out.
    Bad comparison. Football has strict rules on what you can and cannot do. Overwatch does not.
    If Blizzard wanted every game to have perfect picks then they would enforce it in the client.
    If you want perfect picks then you can enforce it yourself by playing premades.

Deleted
    I think people are mistaking "playing to win" with "wanting to have a good match".

People with "I play how I want cause I pay" attitude are true cancer of gaming community - nobody cares what you do in single player games, but when you buy a heavily team oriented multiplayer game, the least you could do is to not shit on your team8s. Nobody expects top tier performance from people in casual queue, but some level of decency wouldn't hurt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    I think people are mistaking "playing to win" with "wanting to have a good match".

People with "I play how I want cause I pay" attitude are true cancer of gaming community - nobody cares what you do in single player games, but when you buy a heavily team oriented multiplayer game, the least you could do is to not shit on your team8s. Nobody expects top tier performance from people in casual queue, but some level of decency wouldn't hurt.
    This is exactly what I was trying to say.
    I don't care about losing, I lose enough in this game without giving a shit .

Deleted
    So this might be a bit of a whine post to some of you but I am actually really curious about the reasoning behind the play style that people have.

Yesterday I played for 13 hours and I ran into A LOT of people that were either stupid on purpose .. not.

One of the examples was attack on Numabi.
    We get an insta lock widow and insta lock hanzo.
    Neither of them wants to switch and after 3 people asked if they could please switch we got an answer saying "I pay for my game so I play what I want".
    After saying this is a team game and this is just going to make us lose they said "Don't care, play what I want".

We ofcourse lost quite hard as the enemy genji and winston just destroyed them and they refused to switch.
    After looking at their profile's you could see that they hardly played any other hero's but those.

Another example would be an hour later attack on Temple of Anubis.

My self + 3 others pick Winston - Winston - Pharah & Lucio .. so kind of rushy to get trough the first gate.
    Then number 5 locks in Hanzo & number 6 locks in .. Hanzo.

Again asked if they would mind swapping to something useful as these picks would be absolutely shit on this map on attack and in the comp.
    We carried them into point A and then actually won point B in a rush while the 2 hanzo's were still at the gates trying to fight a sniper on their team...
    After being asked what the hell they were doing we got a "Having fun"..
    (this was solo queue btw. I don't know the other 3 people that actually played).

Example number 3.
    Attack on route 66.

I lock in Pharah because I had been playing reinhardt, mercy, lucio and Winston all morning and wanted something different.
    I get an insta lock soldier76 by 2 people and a widow, hanzo & reinhardt.
    So I asked the soldiers if one could please pick a healer as I had already been playing tank/support all morning.
    Absolulte silence from both of them so I inspected their profile.
    1: Had 36 hours on soldier and less then 10 min on 2 others (no play time on anything outside that).
    2: Had 20ish hours on soldier few hours on roadhog and no play time on anything else.

We were losing the game till someone else went mercy instead and we pushed it to a win in overtime.

I understand you want to have fun and you paid for your own game.. but not communicating, switching or even counter picking is losing you the games.
    You are playing to lose if other people are not carrying you..
    I just can't understand why people refuse to actually play WITH your team in a TEAM based game.
    Play in a 6 man pre-made with people you can boss about. There's your answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown User View Post
    Bad comparison. Football has strict rules on what you can and cannot do. Overwatch does not.
    If Blizzard wanted every game to have perfect picks then they would enforce it in the client.
    If you want perfect picks then you can enforce it yourself by playing premades.
    Intentional extreme comparison to highlight the bad attitude.

To present actually better comparison: You are a forward in a situation where you need to defend and you say "Fuck it, I am forward! I want to play the way I want!!". Do you think this attitude would go unpunished? You just can't focus only on offense, but you can specialize on it - big difference.

If I remember well, one of the first things Blizzard themselves said the point of this game is to switch Heroes. The whole game is built around it, you just can't ignore it. They can't enforce 'perfect' picks because sometimes a strange composition might be perfect to counter enemy composition which is good at certain niche thing on a specific map.

Quote Originally Posted by Futa Widowmaker View Post
    Play in a 6 man pre-made with people you can boss about. There's your answer.
    So playing a TEAM game like bunch of autistic kinds is the way to go if you don't have X friends to play with nowadays, in any game.

Deleted
    I generally only suggest vague things when I see problems in the setup, fex if a Pharah is starting to wreck us (or dual pharah), a team channel message going 'We need hitscan to deal with pharah'.

You really can't make people do what you want in the end, but throwing out some nebulous cues out there like 'Our setup is a bit frail', 'need hitscan', or 'Enemy running heavy punish' tends to work wonders tbh.

Deleted
    I picked Mercy one time and somebody came on the mic and said, "Uhh.. i think Lucio would be better dude."
    So I picked Widowmaker instead.

A hanzo and Widowmaker on Offense is not bad...... It can be really good; it depends on the player, the map, what you're up against etc. I've seen PLENTY of teams win like this at high MMR.

This is why I only play with the AI. I don't want people like you telling me who I have to play, and I don't want to cause my team to lose because of my own choices. I wish I had friends who played these games, but it seems they're all too old for this shit now. I'm rolling my eyes as I type that last sentence.

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of response is this? :S
    I paid for it so I play how I want? Fuck the other 5 people in my team?

Seems quite selfish to me.
    Doesn't change the fact that it is pretty much exactly how it's going to go. Name one multiplayer game where people DON'T play just to have fun.

I tried Overwatch and it wasn't really a fit for me so I chose not to buy it, but I'd rather lose while having fun than win through boredom. Afterall, what's the point of playing games if you're not going to maximize your enjoyment?

If you want to prioritize winning, then put together a team of people who feel the same way.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)