Kotaku reported about the cosplay at the premiere and, I saw it coming a mile away, they obviously had to point out that it is a terrible movie. Gladly the comment section are defending the movie, but obviously clickbait from them

Seems the fans love it and the critics hate it. Basically another BvS.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Correction: fans and general audience love it (most part, at least); US critics hate it

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, do anyone have a favorite shot from the movie?

Mine is Lothar's close-up, in Sergio Leone's style, during the duel with Blackhand. Being italian myself, I'm a bit biased when someone quote Leone in a film

Uh no, there were fans that hated BvS too. Me included.

I have a strong feeling that most critics did not understand the movie, and that most of it was because Duncan Jones had to cut too much from the movie

The universal message is survival, compassion for own's own and for the enemy. Also the old Good vs Evil.

Duncan thought it was an easy message, but they did not seem to get it. Instead they are focusing too much on individual characters on what they do.

Each character has his/her own agenda.

The basic message could have gotten the movie at least 40%.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfclaw95 View Post
    Uh no, there were fans that hated BvS too. Me included.
    There are some fans that hate Warcraft for the changes to the lore and the different, or rather, early ending.

I haven't seen BvS yet, but I doubt a well-crafted film should get that amount of hate, no matter how disappointing it is or how many opportunities it misses. At the very least, at a technical level, it has to be better than most 0-4 movies out there.

Uhh... just saw another review of a guy who says the CGI of the orcs is fake, and that they should have used make-up, and that's the reason Garona looks better than the orcs.

Really, I think these people should re-watch some '90-'00s films and realize how was the CGI at the time.
    The only thing I could (slightly) agree is maybe some CGI set (especially one of the last scenes Stormwind shot at the end ), but the orcs... I don't know, maybe they just don't like the not-LotR orcs design or the concept itself of CGI.
    They're probably the same ones who praise Mad Max for its practical VFX, when it actually used a lot of CGI too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin94 View Post
    Uhh... just saw another review of a guy who says the CGI of the orcs is fake, and that they should have used make-up, and that's the reason Garona looks better than the orcs.

Really, I think these people should re-watch some '90-'00s films and realize how was the CGI at the time.
    The only thing I could (slightly) agree is maybe some CGI set (especially one of the last scenes Stormwind shot at the end ), but the orcs... I don't know, maybe they just don't like the not-LotR orcs design or the concept itself of CGI.
    They're probably the same ones who praise Mad Max for its practical VFX, when it actually used a lot of CGI too
    A lot of people don't get the movie. They are so used to fantasy looking grim and realistic that they complain anything else looks fake. Of course it looks fake. It's not supposed to be real. It's fantastical. It was mentioned in one of their featurettes. The forest was built and not filmed on-location because the trees and plants in Azeroth don't exist in the real world. They had to be built.

Anyway, Warcraft finally back at #1 place in Italy, with a 120.000E on Monday.

Great news. Alice is history. New rival: TMNT

Deleted
    Nice, especially if you consider that most cinemas aren't even open on Monday.

Deleted
    For those who understand italian xD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5PEphT-Qlc

Say what do you think the European box office will be BEFORE China hits? My bet is $80m, maybe $75m

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    Say what do you think the European box office will be BEFORE China hits? My bet is $80m, maybe $75m
    $75m sounds more real to me it's monday and tuesday) but who knows!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shady View Post
    For those who understand italian xD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5PEphT-Qlc
    A bit exaggerated statements XD
    IMO Warcraft film is great, but LotR films are better.

The best italian Warcraft review is this one:

Quote Originally Posted by daywalker02 View Post
    I have a strong feeling that most critics did not understand the movie, and that most of it was because Duncan Jones had to cut too much from the movie

The universal message is survival, compassion for own's own and for the enemy. Also the old Good vs Evil.

Duncan thought it was an easy message, but they did not seem to get it. Instead they are focusing too much on individual characters on what they do.

Each character has his/her own agenda.

The basic message could have gotten the movie at least 40%.
    It clearly wasn't a stong enough "basic" message and due to the poor editing it got lost along the way. Sure, it's partially still there but not well put together it seems. Just to disjointed of a story and the themes it tries to tells. That kind of stuff gets rated pretty hard by critics when you can't even get some of the basics smoother in the telling. You add in some of the other issues like acting and I'm not shocked some hit the movie with a rather harsh review. Some critics are indeed over the top with harshness but then most fans seem to be to lenient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shady View Post
    $75m sounds more real to me it's monday and tuesday) but who knows!
    Keep in mind that numbers from Spain are not in (from opening weekend 3-5).

It's not as big as Germany/UK/France, but Civil War grossed over 4.2m in the opening weekend.
    Last edited by Zoibert the Bear; 2016-06-07 at 12:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    It clearly wasn't a stong enough "basic" message and due to the poor editing it got lost along the way. Sure, it's partially still there but not well put together it seems. Just to disjointed of a story and the themes it tries to tells. That kind of stuff gets rated pretty hard by critics when you can't even get some of the basics smoother in the telling. You add in some of the other issues like acting and I'm not shocked some hit the movie with a rather harsh review. Some critics are indeed over the top with harshness but then most fans seem to be to lenient.
    Did you watch the movie yet?
    Last edited by mmoc1f28493424; 2016-06-07 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    Did you watch the movie yet?
    So far less than half. The hard drives came in yesterday and the owner started moving it to the server around midnight but I was not able to stay up till 3am or later. Sadly, Work calls much to early.

I do see why the beginning is the talk of the town as bad. Cause it is.

A bit exaggerated statements XD
    IMO Warcraft film is great, but LotR films are better.

The best italian Warcraft review is this one:
    I really is a good review. At least he knows what cinema is about.