View Poll Results: Legion coming, what spec are you starting with?

Voters
137. This poll is closed
  • Frost

61 44.53%
  • Unholy

76 55.47%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by erzahd View Post
    Unholy 4ever
    I like your sig with your post.

Starting as Frost, but im invariably going to be conflicted when it comes to seeking out my legendaries.

i will be a one man apocalypse

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominitry View Post
    love unholy because its darker like my real life
    Love unholy because spreading diseases like in my real life

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    Frost. It's the only spec I enjoy anymore. I don't and never did like unholy and they changed blood from what I loved to this gutted version I couldn't get into.

Deleted
    I currently play Blood, but I think I'll be changing over to Demon Hunter tank in Legion, both DK dps specs look fun though so I hope you all enjoy it

Blood forever.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Honestly, I will likely be swapping between both of them. Having played the current versions on beta, I can say that both are much more enjoyable than their live versions.

I finally found a version of frost I enjoy since the changes from mid-Wrath.

I do strongly suggest everyone try out both specs with an open mind, because they both play very differently than they have in the past.

I started WoW at patch 3.2/3.3 era.

end of WotlK: unholy
    start of cata: frost
    end of cata: unholy
    start of MoP: frost
    end of MoP: unholy
    start of WoD: frost
    end of WoD: unholy
    start of Legion: ????????

If they fix the fucking Frost Strike animation, Frost.

If not, Unholy or Blood or Havoc, I guess.

Maybe Fury.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Whichever is the better in that tier.
    I like Frost and UH for group play, I like Blood for solo.
    Going to be putting in a shitload of time and effort looks like to keep 3 Artis happy.....

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    Whichever is the better in that tier.
    I like Frost and UH for group play, I like Blood for solo.
    Going to be putting in a shitload of time and effort looks like to keep 3 Artis happy.....
    you wont need Blood artifact lvled for solo stuff

more or less worried about legendary aquistion, would hate to get the Frost legendary and then be like "damn Unholy is the spec this tier"

Yeah they only just got the "Artifact Research Notes" working on beta last build, going to be interesting to see how much difference it makes the DK I'm playing on there is Blood\Frost.

10+ Year Old Account
    DK will be my main for legion, so i'll go blood.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood since I´m tank haha, but for dps idk frost is pretty easy atm but i didnt check unholy yet.

frost.
    but will definitely try out the new unholy summoner

I will probably invest all my artifact power into the unholy weapon to start...since unholy has naturally been the better spec for the last two and a half expansions. I will then upgrade the frost one as I see fit in case it's actually stronger

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    you wont need Blood artifact lvled for solo stuff

more or less worried about legendary aquistion, would hate to get the Frost legendary and then be like "damn Unholy is the spec this tier"
    If you're raiding mythic the legendaries won't matter. They will be fun for parsing reasons in heroic but they won;t be usable in Mythic to start IIRC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    I started WoW at patch 3.2/3.3 era.

end of WotlK: unholy
    start of cata: frost
    end of cata: unholy
    start of MoP: frost
    end of MoP: unholy
    start of WoD: frost
    end of WoD: unholy
    start of Legion: ????????

When was frost a better spec in WoD outside of the first few days of 6.2? Also...in 3.3.3 after the frost buffs they were very comparable in damage. All three specs were actually really well balanced. The only reason why frost wasn't as high as unholy/blood in dps was due to Shadowmourne.

I honestly haven't decided yet, I was thinking unholy being that I really disliked the frost changes. But who knows frost may still win me over.

haste for unholy, crit for frost?
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    I honestly haven't decided yet, I was thinking unholy being that I really disliked the frost changes. But who knows frost may still win me over.
    the fact that it's dw only is probably the only thing holding you back...which is dumb...it makes more sense to get rid of 2H as the balancing both specs was shit to begin with. Otherwise not much hast actually changed aside from wanting crit.