Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Why should the player who's been playing support and tank all day have to keep doing it just because some other people won't play anything but the one (not tank or support) character?
    Since it's queue with randoms you usually end up with new players in the group quite regulary. If so, there might be others in that group who also played tank/support all day and want to play something else. Without being in a premade it's hard to share the roles between each other. If noone wants to play tank/support, play without it. Then try leave group after the game and requeue and see if there is better luck in that one. It's either to do that or to find own premades. One of my friend has played a lot since launch, and since the rest of us isn't online as much he has already gathered quite a long friend list so he always have people to play with. It seems like, if you want to, it's not hard to find enough people to make a full premade or a big enough group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Doesn't matter in normal games still. It's not worth getting angry over, because there's no set way to play a quick match. People do whatever they wanna do.

Ranked on the other hand plays for keeps; you get some point system so you can rank up and play with what should ostensibly be better, more skilled people, and puts a number on your own skill level as well. By then, I entirely agree with you, and people who just do whatever are a clear detriment and it has an actual consequence other than losing.
    I am not angry, I just do not understand this behavior.
    In a team game were the objective is to go for objective A and then B while fighting your enemy .. this is what you need to do.
    Its the reason you play the game, work with a team to go for a common goal.
    Not walk around role playing your a Japanese archer.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't want to lose, do not PuG.

Some people like me, do not care about losing or winning, it's only a game.

But, I won't play an useless character, I will try to play as team...

But I will never change because "A Wannabe Leader" think my character choice is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    But you WILL get punished for leaving these, sadly frequent, games.
    I don't get them that frequently tbh, about 50/50, then I just leave after exp. No biggie tbh.

And I much prefer playing Reaper over so many other heros, and he's less useful than...other heros. Mostly because Genji and McCree are very popular. And Mei. Fuck Mei.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I hate to be that guy, but why didn't you adjust around them? I get that they're being jerks, but, being part of a team means putting up with that as well. You should've adjusted rather than bicker.
    Theres really no adjusting around 2 bad snipers on maps where snipers are in-efficient
    I've no idea what to write here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    The game tell you what to do, it says you have to many snipers on the right side.
    This means you HAVE TO MANY SNIPERS and you are ruining your chances of doing well.

All I asked if for people to actually play the game as its supposed to be played instead of "I paid so I do whatever the fuck I want, respect my authority" shit.
    The game is made as a team game to go for objectives and beat the other team.
    Its not my little pony fun world were you walk around all day.

I also said in my first post I asked the person nicely if they would swap as hanzo on Temple of anubis attack is useless till you get to point B.
    I did not rage, did not tell him what to do I asked him and told him my reasons for asking him.
    And all you guys are doing is attacking me personally over and over.
    Have you seen competative play in Overwatch? Go watch any tournament video. They stack heroes. Too many this, not enough that. Does Blizzard tell them they are playing it wrong? Nope.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Futa Widowmaker View Post
    Have you seen competative play in Overwatch? Go watch any tournament video. They stack heroes. Too many this, not enough that. Does Blizzard tell them they are playing it wrong? Nope.
    Because hero stacking is the point of the game, its a tactical decision to run 2 Winston's. You can easily counter it again.
    Also you are not making sense at all, but I already read your "I Hate hero stacking post" and already disagreed with it then.

Seriously, get some friends, group up and spam matches with them, otherwise prepare to face possible annoying outcomes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Do you recognize how horrible attitude this is?

You sign up to play Football (Soccer) and instead of kicking the ball, you pick it up and smash people on your way as if you were playing Rugby. Different rules make different sports. If Overwatch is about switching heroes to adjust to map, situation and enemy team; then you are supposed to do it. Refusing to do it, you are not playing it right and of course other players are going to call you out.

Problem is Video Games support this fucked up attitude with the easy way out. You ruin one game? No problem mate! Just press this button and join another one and maybe enemy team will be even worse than yours or your team mates will actually carry you to victory, giving you false idea of how good you are. Players will start to call you out? No worries, here is an ignore button for you.

I mean, if this happened on a playground with friends who want to play Football and with you playing Rugby instead, they would kick you out and never invite you again.

I don't even play this game, but this attitude across ALL online games just pisses me off. You don't have to be competitive, but at least try.
    Problem is, the people playing the character they enjoy most regardless of team composition, still play the same game as the person who only cares about team composition, regardless of how much fun he has playing the characters. Not to mention that only blizzard had the right to decide how to play their game, they decided you can choose the character you want in random games. If you don't like that, you must form your own group, like your example with the playground, which are friends that decided the rules they are gonna use and not random people like in overwatch. Your comparison is not valid.

Welcome to unranked play.

I am not angry, I just do not understand this behavior.
    In a team game were the objective is to go for objective A and then B while fighting your enemy .. this is what you need to do.
    Its the reason you play the game, work with a team to go for a common goal.
    Not walk around role playing your a Japanese archer.
    Then you just do the best you can, swap to what you think's needed most, see if someone else wants to co-op with you on it. Communicating with your team and using the chat can band-aid a little bit, and hey, you can pull some brink wins. I've had plenty of Overtime come-backs because we did some good co-op with just 2-3 good picks and made it work.

Hell, if someone else has Reaper, I can go 76 and just sponge hits or take pot-shots with Helix Rockets at their squishies, so the kill-crazy Reaper has an easier time getting to them.

Sure it's not possible all the time, and I've had my rage-quit breaks, but they've been few in comparison to the decent+ games. Thing is, you don't need to understand other people, just accept that not everyone plays the game like you do, and it's fine in normal games, see it as a learning opportunity for yourself to get better and work out alternative strategies or something. Hell, even an idiot is still another target than you, so you can play more clever than the bullet-dummy...

Very much looking forward to ranked though.

Deleted
    i always have a few favorite heroes from each catagory, for offense its either reaper or pharah, defense normally widowmaker or tjorbjorn and support i go with lucio cos i dnt like the others and tank i always pick reinhardt as the other tanks seem shit

Jesus christ.
    I give up, not sure when it started being ok to fuck people over for your own enjoyment.. but whatever.
    This community.. pff.
    Ether make a group and roll how you want or accept that pugs will play how they want.

If people want to stick to one hero so be it, You don't have to make such choice. There is no set way to play this game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    If you don't want to lose, do not PuG.

Some people like me, do not care about losing or winning, it's only a game.

But, I won't play an useless character, I will try to play as team...

But I will never change because "A Wannabe Leader" think my character choice is not good.
    I dont care about losing! I already said that, I got a 58% win rate I think so I lost 42% of my games.
    I am absolutely fine with that, I am not a pro player so I will always be between 40 and 60% no matter what I do.
    Quite happy with what I achieved so far to be honest.

Again, all I was asking is why are people so stubborn when asked to switch to something useful in a team game?

And what do you mean with Wannabe Leader? Maybe someone is vocal because he sees what is going wrong and you don't?
    You could always listen and see if there is something you can do better? Would that hurt you so much?

I'm the guy that always changes to accommodate the need of the team. I DO want to play Hanzo and Widow, as I mained a Sniper in TF2 (huntsman for pug fun!). I have less than 10 minutes played on each because one or the other tends to be insta-picked.

One day I'll end up losing it like Michael Douglass from "Falling down" and not give a shit like some of the other people in the game.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ether make a group and roll how you want or accept that pugs will play how they want.

If people want to stick to one hero so be it, You don't have to make such choice. There is no set way to play this game.
    Easy way for everyone that actually wants to play the game to leave solo queue isn't it.
    Instead of trying to improve you just tell everyone to go away and make their groups?

Im sure solo queue will be loads of fun then.

10+ Year Old Account
    What am I missing here? If it's not ranked.. who the fk cares?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    I'm the guy that always changes to accommodate the need of the team. I DO want to play Hanzo and Widow, as I mained a Sniper in TF2 (huntsman for pug fun!). I have less than 10 minutes played on each because one or the other tends to be insta-picked.

One day I'll end up losing it like Michael Douglass from "Falling down" and not give a shit like some of the other people in the game.
    Picking it on a defense map is fine.
    2 snipers on defense can work as long as you both take a different side to "protect".

Just don't go do it on attack as it will gimp the shit out of your team .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Futa Widowmaker View Post
    Mccree and winston too good :P I don't mind a few of them in my team

The game tell you what to do, it says you have to many snipers on the right side.
    This means you HAVE TO MANY SNIPERS and you are ruining your chances of doing well.

All I asked if for people to actually play the game as its supposed to be played instead of "I paid so I do whatever the fuck I want, respect my authority" shit.
    The game is made as a team game to go for objectives and beat the other team.
    Its not my little pony fun world were you walk around all day.

I also said in my first post I asked the person nicely if they would swap as hanzo on Temple of anubis attack is useless till you get to point B.
    I did not rage, did not tell him what to do I asked him and told him my reasons for asking him.
    And all you guys are doing is attacking me personally over and over.
    Do you recognize how horrible attitude this is?

You sign up to play Football (Soccer) and instead of kicking the ball, you pick it up and smash people on your way as if you were playing Rugby. Different rules make different sports. If Overwatch is about switching heroes to adjust to map, situation and enemy team; then you are supposed to do it. Refusing to do it, you are not playing it right and of course other players are going to call you out.

Problem is Video Games support this fucked up attitude with the easy way out. You ruin one game? No problem mate! Just press this button and join another one and maybe enemy team will be even worse than yours or your team mates will actually carry you to victory, giving you false idea of how good you are. Players will start to call you out? No worries, here is an ignore button for you.

I mean, if this happened on a playground with friends who want to play Football and with you playing Rugby instead, they would kick you out and never invite you again.

I don't even play this game, but this attitude across ALL online games just pisses me off. You don't have to be competitive, but at least try.
    Couldn't agree more

And people that result to personal attacks only do so because they have nothing to actually offer as a counter to your arguement just like they can't offer a counter on overwatch *drum roll* i'm here all day folks!