Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Turret sniping with Zenyatta is one of my favourite things. Bring 'em on.

Quote Originally Posted by Futa Widowmaker View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.
    Here are 10 things torb players like to do while waiting for molten core:
    10. Activate Molten Core
    Just saying it again: You cannot activate molten core while waiting for it.

And btt, in the game you cannot simply go AFK, you will get kicked after idling 20s.
    If you're playing in a random game I agree that two (or more) Tjorbörns that place the turrets in a clever way are very strong and seem op. In a organized group, you can time your ultis, they are easy to take out. A winston or D.VA will rape a turret with their ulti, a Mei can turn it off for a few seconds. Pharah, Junkrat, Soldier and snipers can take it out without any special attacks.
    If the turret is gone, a Tjorbjörn is completely worthless unless you let him rebuild or upgrade it, which can be prevented even by a healer. The dwarf himself is extremely weak out of molten core.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    If the turret is gone, a Tjorbjörn is completely worthless unless you let him rebuild or upgrade it, which can be prevented even by a healer. The dwarf himself is extremely weak out of molten core.
    A bold statement. His rivet pistol does 140 dps ( 70 damage * 2 rounds per sec) and can headshot for total 280 dps. For example Pharah DPS is 120 (120 damage * 1 rocket per sec) and cannot headshot...

Yeah the Dwarf is at a slight disadvantage against most enemies going toe to toe but to say he is worthless is false.

I win plenty of duels with the dwarf. And nothing is stopping him from dropping a new level 1 turret mid-duel to use for a distraction or to help him kill his enemy.

Also, if the dwarf has scrap he can be very tanky, giving himself 75 extra hp up to 4 times. I typically can beat most tanks in duels because of this.

And then if I can get dug in... you better bring more than 1 guy to try to uproot me unless you've got an ultimate.

At low tiers of play I suppose that the turret does do work on its own. But as you get matched against better players you'll have to support your turret more and more and fight without it more and more.

A good Tracer, Pharah, Widowmaker, or Junkrat can really keep a good Torb on his toes and utterly destroy a bad Torb.
    Last edited by Peligrad; 2016-06-07 at 01:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My issue with the Torbjorn turrets is that they seem to have the same amount of health as a player and do twice as much damage, have no blind spot and immediately lock on to whatever is closest to them. If your team doesn't have a good sniper or someone with great aim, it's going to be hard to kill it without dying. If your team doesn't have someone to take the attention of the turret away from you so you can kill it, you're going to die. If there is more than one, it's even more difficult. It's hard in pugs and it's one of the things I wish they'd alter in some manner for quick match.

I was facing a premade team for a few matches in a row once and my pug team out of frustration finally went with four Torbjorn, a Symmetra, and a healer on Route 66 defense to deal with them. It was a very easy win.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futa Widowmaker View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.
    Here are 10 things torb players like to do while waiting for molten core:
    The Torbjorn players that you play with sound awful if that's all they do...
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    My issue with the Torbjorn turrets is that they seem to have the same amount of health as a player and do twice as much damage, have no blind spot and immediately lock on to whatever is closest to them. If your team doesn't have a good sniper or someone with great aim, it's going to be hard to kill it without dying. If your team doesn't have someone to take the attention of the turret away from you so you can kill it, you're going to die. If there is more than one, it's even more difficult. It's hard in pugs and it's one of the things I wish they'd alter in some manner for quick match.

I was facing a premade team for a few matches in a row once and my pug team out of frustration finally went with four Torbjorn, a Symmetra, and a healer on Route 66 defense to deal with them. It was a very easy win.
    Its funny and annoying at the same time. I love torb as a character but I hate him aswell for how he plays lol

7+ Year Old Account
    My issue with the Torbjorn turrets is that they seem to have the same amount of health as a player and do twice as much damage, have no blind spot and immediately lock on to whatever is closest to them.
    They have 200 health, and fire 4 rps doing 14 damage each (total of 56 dps).
    Let's take tracer as an example: 150 health, and fires 40 rps doing 1.5 - 6 damage each (total of 60 - 240 damage).

Why didn't you then do something like 2 Reinhardt, a Lucio, and then 3 offensive heroes?
    That's just one of the combos that I can think of off the top of my head, but there are plenty that could have easily steamrolled that team.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost always get play of the game for actually using Torbjorn in conjunction with my turret, generally with Molten Core up and killing 2-3 while my turret takes care of the rest. Standing around being useless generally doesn't help against good players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    They have 200 health, and fire 4 rps doing 14 damage each (total of 56 dps).
    Let's take tracer as an example: 150 health, and fires 40 rps doing 1.5 - 6 damage each (total of 60 - 240 damage).
    Ok, so they have the same health as a player and but do less DPS. The issue is more the immediate auto-lock on, no blind spot, and fact that they have 100% accuracy, whereas another player would not. Obviously a weakness is that they are immobile whereas another player would not be, but you get the sense of accomplishment for killing it and then two seconds later another turret is already down. It's as frustrating as killing someone and seeing Mercy rez them, except Torb doesn't need to use an ultimate to do it.

Why didn't you then do something like 2 Reinhardt, a Lucio, and then 3 offensive heroes?
    That's just one of the combos that I can think of off the top of my head, but there are plenty that could have easily steamrolled that team.
    No, you misread entirely. My team was the one that went with four Torbjorn in order to take down the premade team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    So I was just in a game where x2 Torbjorns, were on defense. They both just dropped Turrets and went afk. Between them both, they were responsible for 56 kills, including the POTG where you can clearly see one both Torbjorns, just standing next to their turrets not firing, nor repairing. They were on my team, we got the win, but they both admitted in group chat they were just afk watching a movie, and when they heard the cry that the turret had died, they just re-built it and went afk again.It's both funny, and frustrating all at the same time. Personally I think it's BS> I think he should be re-worked. My suggestion is dropping the lvl 1 turret, but require scraps to upgraded it to lvl 2. Dude was proud that he was just soaking xp, while watching a movie just to open loot boxes. We don't pay monthly for this game, so on one hand people should be able to do what they wish, but on the other it just seems very broken to me. Anyone else experince AFK Torbjorns? or similar situations?
    maybe kill the turrets they have like no hp at level 2, junkrat makes short work of them

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    I almost always get play of the game for actually using Torbjorn in conjunction with my turret, generally with Molten Core up and killing 2-3 while my turret takes care of the rest. Standing around being useless generally doesn't help against good players.
    Gross exaggeration...

You maybe got assists/assisted kills on 5 or 6 players a couple of times...

Hate it when people blow truth way out of proportion. Especially when they seem to believe their own lie.

Deleted
    a tactic i like to use with tjorbjorn is put a turret on those moving platforms i forgot the name of the stage but its the factory one is it valskya industries or something

Played 6x Torbjorn for fun last night on Numbani defense. We won lol

A Torbjörn doing nothing but standing around planting turrets is usually very mediocre and outright bad against players that know what they're doing.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so they have the same health as a player and but do less DPS. The issue is more the immediate auto-lock on, no blind spot, and fact that they have 100% accuracy, whereas another player would not. Obviously a weakness is that they are immobile whereas another player would not be, but you get the sense of accomplishment for killing it and then two seconds later another turret is already down. It's as frustrating as killing someone and seeing Mercy rez them, except Torb doesn't need to use an ultimate to do it.
    Torbjorn is individually one of the weakest heroes in the game and you have to use that to your advantage. After the turret is destroyed, you have to continue to harass them or they will, as you said, set the turret back up. As well, the turret can be peeked, as it has a short lock-on time, or can simply be ranged as it has a maximum range of 40 meters.

No, you misread entirely. My team was the one that went with four Torbjorn in order to take down the premade team.
    Ah, my apologies. I did misread your post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post
    Gross exaggeration...

You maybe got assists/assisted kills on 5 or 6 players a couple of times...

Hate it when people blow truth way out of proportion. Especially when they seem to believe their own lie.
    What lie? I never said I get play of the game every single time I use Torbjorn, just that when I do it was generally with me doing something proactive at the time instead of just standing around and letting my turret doing all the work. Like taking down a low health Reaper when he was trying to flank and getting a lucky headshot on a Widowmaker while my turret was dealing with the rest of the team. Games like that I generally get gold on damage and eliminations.

Other games you suck as the entire opposing team is actually working together and knows how to deal with turrets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Torbjorn is individually one of the weakest heroes in the game and you have to use that to your advantage. After the turret is destroyed, you have to continue to harass them or they will, as you said, set the turret back up. As well, the turret can be peeked, as it has a short lock-on time, or can simply be ranged as it has a maximum range of 40 meters.
    I don't generally have an issue with them as D.Va because I can rocket boost and E while charging it and take it and then Torb down quite easily, but I have run into issues when there has been more than one and my pug team has had a horrible group composition or awful sniper and that's when they become a problem. Sometimes they can't rely on me being able to kill a turret because I have other enemy players harassing me as well. D.Va tends to be more a big ball of squish than a tank when she has multiple things hitting her at once.

I've had horrible experiences with taking down turrets on Pharah (who should be able to kill them easily) because my aim is atrocious and I'm just bad at her, I will die before I can kill the turret almost every time. I'm also an awful sniper, so I have to rely on teammates to be able to deal with those.

Torb in pug games is the issue, really. I expect he'd be fine or even underpowered in premade and ranked games, but just suggesting he might need to be tuned somehow for quick match...if they'd even do something like that. I suspect they wouldn't. Getting most pugs to gel together is like herding cats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    So I was just in a game where x2 Torbjorns, were on defense. They both just dropped Turrets and went afk. Between them both, they were responsible for 56 kills, including the POTG where you can clearly see one both Torbjorns, just standing next to their turrets not firing, nor repairing. They were on my team, we got the win, but they both admitted in group chat they were just afk watching a movie, and when they heard the cry that the turret had died, they just re-built it and went afk again.

It's both funny, and frustrating all at the same time. Personally I think it's BS> I think he should be re-worked. My suggestion is dropping the lvl 1 turret, but require scraps to upgraded it to lvl 2. Dude was proud that he was just soaking xp, while watching a movie just to open loot boxes. We don't pay monthly for this game, so on one hand people should be able to do what they wish, but on the other it just seems very broken to me. Anyone else experince AFK Torbjorns? or similar situations?
    Just pick Pharah, gets the job done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm.. I am 100% sure you can't AFK, even as Torbjörn. You still get the warning if nothing has happened.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..