Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    What am I missing here? If it's not ranked.. who the fk cares?
    O sorry, just because I don't get ranks for it I should not care if I want to actually play the game or not.
    Im sorry your highness, apologies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffin the Manslayer View Post
    Seeeing as blizzard stated that the game isn't a typical shooter (cod/battlefield) it's an objective TEAM based shooter that is always changing based on peoples picks and counter picks. So the way the game is meant to be played as intended by blizz is to think about your picks based on the situation and not what your favourite is. There was a bit of controvercy from this as the short stories really did influence peoples choices a lot.

As someone that is waiting for ranked to come out to get away from the people that don't care about winning or losing, It is so frustrating to play back to back games with 2 widows or 2 hanzos with 90% of their played time on said hero that sit at the back and when you lose they just talk about how many kills they got like the big red DEFEAT means nothing because they got 10 whole kills! Meanwhile i sit quietly raging to myself with my 54 kills 20k damage and a big fat loss from trying to 4v6 the whole game.

The game is intended to be played with picks and counter picks you don't walk into a library and start shouting and singing because you payed for the library card and then be a dick to everyone else that is there to do what a library is intended for because they ask you to politely to stop it. BUT I'M HAVING FUN!

Play the game how it's meant to be played or go play with bots. I don't care if you payed for it, you didn't pay to piss off other people that are just playing how they should be.
    I think the people care even less about your humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Because the objective of the game is to get the objective done.
    You play the game to do that and win the game.
    I am not telling you how to play the game, I am telling you you are not helping the other 5 people by playing the way you do.

I am not playing mario kart to drive the opposite direction and come in last every race.
    I am not playing Sim City to destroy every single tree on the map.
    I am not playing Hearhstone to log in and concede every single game.

It makes 0 sense for them to play this game to lose which is ultimately what they are doing.

How can people this like this "I paid for my shit, fuck everyone else around".
    Are you seriously that ignorant of a person ? What we currently have is QUICK PLAY. In this, not everybody cares about winning, because winning is basically pointless in quick play. While you're right, that OW is a teambased game, some people might like to hop into quick play to actually practice mechanics on a certain hero, which is absolutely fucking fine.
    The arrogance in your topic is just mindblowing. How can you assume that YOU know the way to "play the game as its supposed to" ? For ranked, yes. The general plan is to play the objective. Yet YOUR view of how a team comp has to look can vary largely from a team comp that might get the job done.
    So please, stop the bitching and the arrogance and try to have fun. If you are only able to enjoy a quick play when you win, I think you should really take a break from gaming. Maybe try to have fun, practice some mechanics which you don't feel comfortable with and let people play however they enjoy their game.
    Things will change in ranked play, for sure.

Deleted
    Couldn't agree more

And people that result to personal attacks only do so because they have nothing to actually offer as a counter to your arguement just like they can't offer a counter on overwatch *drum roll* i'm here all day folks!
    I really thought that the MMO community would be different from the people on the official forums.
    Guess I was wrong.
    Time to get my group together via the LFG site and never use solo queue again.

Picking it on a defense map is fine.
    2 snipers on defense can work as long as you both take a different side to "protect".

Just don't go do it on attack as it will gimp the shit out of your team .
    What gimps the team more? Someone who is reasonably proficient at a role that may not be optimal, or someone who picks a critical role who absolutely knows nothing about how to do it properly?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why games like like these have "casual" play mode and then tournaments and/or ranked play for the people who want coordinated gameplay or team makeups

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperhyve View Post
    Are you seriously that ignorant of a person ? What we currently have is QUICK PLAY. In this, not everybody cares about winning, because winning is basically pointless in quick play. While you're right, that OW is a teambased game, some people might like to hop into quick play to actually practice mechanics on a certain hero, which is absolutely fucking fine.
    The arrogance in your topic is just mindblowing. How can you assume that YOU know the way to "play the game as its supposed to" ? For ranked, yes. The general plan is to play the objective. Yet YOUR view of how a team comp has to look can vary largely from a team comp that might get the job done.
    So please, stop the bitching and the arrogance and try to have fun. If you are only able to enjoy a quick play when you win, I think you should really take a break from gaming. Maybe try to have fun, practice some mechanics which you don't feel comfortable with and let people play however they enjoy their game.
    Things will change in ranked play, for sure.
    bla bla bla, person attacks bla bla bla. reported.

Deleted
    So quick to be judgemental on people you know nothing about on the internet.

I didn't say how "i want" one single time i said how the game creaters intended but please do insult me more and assume more about how i treat other people.
    I dont know how they intended it to be played, neither do you.

my experience is that people dont bitch when people main a character and win, but bitch when they lose. but its pretty impossible to tie a loss ot any individual factor. It could be that you played like shite, regardless of the other people on your team.

Jut chalk it up to a loss, and move on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelhiss View Post
    What gimps the team more? Someone who is reasonably proficient at a role that may not be optimal, or someone who picks a critical role who absolutely knows nothing about how to do it properly?
    Lets see.
    3 snipers on attack gimps the game more then 2 people going Winston and doing decently with it.

You're welcome.

Normally I play in a group of 4-6 so I don't have this issue.

However the odd time it's just myself and my brother playing. Thankfully we both share the same mentality: We want to win and we are willing to play whatever roll is needed to do that.

Both of understand and respect that some people only play the game for fun and more power to them. For example if we want play offensive and join a game with no tank or support we just leave and requeue until we find a game with both roles filled. We may lose or win but most of the time we have fun doing so and we avoid the drama of "plz switch".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manthis View Post
    And if some people find it fun to play for the win (including hero swapping etc), who are you to deny that person that? He/she also payed for the game.
    Goes both ways, y'know. Just saying!
    I dont deny you that at all

YOU can swap as much as you want. no one is saying you have to stay on one hero.

When you queue in solo Q, you play with others. you dont get to dictate how they play, no more than they dictate how you play. Thats how solo Q works. If you want a team comp and people who play like you, make friends and play as a team (we like 6 same hero comps for giggles, but you can try a serious comp if you want..)

Sorry, it does not go both ways at all. you choose how to play your character, other people will choose how to play theirs. they are not trying to control you, you should not try to control them.

What I particularly find funny is people instant locking hanzo/widomaker/genji/tracer then bitching when others dont play tanks or support.....if you want tanks or support, play them.
    Personally I play tanks and support pretty much exclusively, only occasionally going dmg based characters (pharah is awesome), but thats my choice. if people dont want to play it, they should not feel obliged to. its a game, the purpose is fun.
    Last edited by mmoc3f25629bd0; 2016-06-07 at 01:46 PM.

bla bla bla, person attacks bla bla bla. reported.
    Explain the differences that occur when a team loses vs team winning. Since it seems to matter so much.

Welcome to 2016, were online gaming is mainstream and everyone has an opinion.

I made this post months ago and got flamed when the game was in its first week of beta, making it now where every retard plays it? Good luck!

Its the reason i refused to purchase this game.

Its a tactical FPS MOBA, but everyone plays it like CoD, ranked or Quick Play things dont change.

As others have said, unless you have another 5 skilled friends this game cant be enjoyed.

Unless you are some low intelligence retard getting off by shooting pixels more than actually enjoying the gameplay..Oh wait..99% of Overwatch was just described in that sentence!

Deleted
    You can leave the match without any consequences during the assembly timer, that's what I've started doing, if I see any of these stupid comps coming up and people making bad hero choices, I will simply leave and find a new game. Nice way to avoid some of the frustration.

Deleted
    Its in any mode in a team game.
    You are not playing alone and houyi just doesn't care about anyone but him self as you can read from his posts.

This is no way to play with other people around the world.
    If you want to play this way you should go play a single player game..

People muting chat just because there are a few bad apples in the community.
    How sad .
    You just wrote you ignore someone because he has a different opinion to yours, and yet you complain about people people muting chat ???
    You make no sense whatsoever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Explain the differences that occur when a team loses vs team winning. Since it seems to matter so much.
    It matters because you play the game how its supposed to be played and that is doing objectives switching to hero's that are most likely to win you the battles and in the end winning the game over your opponent with team work and communication.
    That is how you should be playing a TEAM based game.
    I don't give a shit about rewards or ranks, I play because its enjoyable playing with people from all over the world to reach an objective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melra View Post
    You can leave the match without any consequences during the assembly timer, that's what I've started doing, if I see any of these stupid comps coming up and people making bad hero choices, I will simply leave and find a new game. Nice way to avoid some of the frustration.
    I did not know that! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by iQ Superi0r View Post
    I think the people care even less about your humble opinion.
    Seeing as most of the people on this thread hold the same opinion as i do your response is hardly accurate. I added my own experience and some facts to the discussion.

What about your comment adds anything?

Deleted
    Its not them losing. ITS THE WHOLE TEAM!
    They are making the TEAM as a whole lose because they refuse to actually play the game.

5 people are getting shafted because one person has a "I paid this so I got a right to fuck you all over" mentality.
    They are playing the game, not playing the game would mean joining and than going afk, which is not the case, you again make no sense.

Easy way for everyone that actually wants to play the game to leave solo queue isn't it.
    Instead of trying to improve you just tell everyone to go away and make their groups?

Im sure solo queue will be loads of fun then.
    Yes if you don't like solo queue don't use it. They spent $60 just like you did and can play how they want like you can.

I rather have someone stay one hero they are really good with then to switch to someone they are meg with. I personally play whatever floats my boat and I feel is needed.

I have noticed if I roll mercy I win alot more. But that doesn't stop me from playing other classes.

Bottom line if you want the team to play your way then don't join pugs.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manthis View Post
    And if some people find it fun to play for the win (including hero swapping etc), who are you to deny that person that? He/she also payed for the game.
    Goes both ways, y'know. Just saying!
    No one is denying that to anyone, what are you talking about ?