Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Just don't go do it on attack as it will gimp the shit out of your team .
    And that really shows what you know because a sniper on attack can be fucken amazing.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

People want to play the characters they like. That's what makes the game fun to them. Once I'm able to play, I can guarantee you I'm not playing support, cause none of the supports look even remotely fun to me. Luckily, there are characters that interest me in all the other roles so I can try to be reasonably accommodating, but at the same time, if I just get some wild itch that I absolutely want to play Hanzo and nobody else...I'm gonna be going Hanzo, and if you don't like it, well, quit joining with randoms.

Deleted
    Played doom and it was fun for 2 hours.
    Still not sure what you are trying to say.

- - - Updated - - -

no, just no.
    If I personally have fun but ruin it for 5 others I am not playing the game right.
    I am being a selfish "person" fucking over 5 other people.
    Blizzards has given us the option to play the game as we want, if people do that and it bothers you, you are the one doing something wrong, like playing with random people for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really understood the mentality. Sure winning is not the end all be all of the game but I personally have more fun if it's a close well-fought game than if it's us constantly running to a point and getting slaughtered or losing points in a couple of minuets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And that really shows what you know because a sniper on attack can be fucken amazing.
    Dude. I already said more then once that I don't mind a sniper on attack!
    He said there is always one insta locking, so what I meant was go as a second sniper on def.
    2 snipers on attack is just playing to lose as its a 4v6 when it comes to taking points.
    I even had a game yesterday with 2 hanzo's and 2 widow's + my self on mercy and a random dude on Winston.
    We got absolutely destroyed as we could not get to the point with the 2 of us while the 4 snipers sat back and tried to shoot stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    People want to play the characters they like. That's what makes the game fun to them. Once I'm able to play, I can guarantee you I'm not playing support, cause none of the supports look even remotely fun to me. Luckily, there are characters that interest me in all the other roles so I can try to be reasonably accommodating, but at the same time, if I just get some wild itch that I absolutely want to play Hanzo and nobody else...I'm gonna be going Hanzo, and if you don't like it, well, quit joining with randoms.
    This just makes me want to cry.. or puke.
    Good job at making this community better then League's (sarcasm).

It matters because you play the game how its supposed to be played and that is doing objectives switching to hero's that are most likely to win you the battles and in the end winning the game over your opponent with team work and communication.
    That is how you should be playing a TEAM based game.
    I don't give a shit about rewards or ranks, I play because its enjoyable playing with people from all over the world to reach an objective.
    I guess anyone who loses isn't playing the game right, since the objective of the game is to win

They paid for the game, quickplay is dirty, if you don't like it you can use the "Avoid this player" option as well as grouping up with friends.

Otherwise, deal with people enjoying the game how they want. "How dare you eat ice-cream with a spoon, it's meant to be eaten out of a cone!"

Deleted
    Its in any mode in a team game.
    You are not playing alone and houyi just doesn't care about anyone but him self as you can read from his posts.

This is no way to play with other people around the world.
    If you want to play this way you should go play a single player game..

People muting chat just because there are a few bad apples in the community.
    How sad .
    Actually mate I play almost entirely support and tank, and I will change to fill whatever need my team requires.

I'm just saying thats because i choose to do so. I dont think I have the right, nor do you, to bitch at people for not choosing to play the game the same way as I, or you, do.

I've always been that player that does whatever the group needs, I take enjoyment from that. need a tank in that raid? just let me respec, short a healer? let me jump on that character. Someone locked in Mid and safelane in DOTA, we have jungler and an offlane...well I'll take a position 5 support then. Someone last picked a mid and we have no support....ok I can make this mid work as a support!, We are lacking a tank to sit on teh payload, I'll swap. Not enough heals? let me get on lucio/mercy......

I'm pretty sure my stance is the opposite of selfishness, but whatever, think what you want.

But thats me> thats not everyone else. if someone wants to play 100% WM, fine. IF they just like cyber ninjas the love the aesthetic, but suck at genji, whatever. If they are having fun, carry on.

What kind of response is this? :S
    I paid for it so I play how I want? Fuck the other 5 people in my team?

Seems quite selfish to me.
    Seems selfish to ask other players to play as you want them to play, actually. Otherwise everyone is just playing a game for fun.

Deleted
    Jesus christ.
    I give up, not sure when it started being ok to fuck people over for your own enjoyment.. but whatever.
    This community.. pff.
    That's exactly what you are trying to do, the only problem is that you complain when other people do it, while most people acknowledge that you have your way of playing, while they have their way of playing.

And this is why I always try to play with friends. I'm usually the one switching, but there comes a point where I just don't care and want to play something different. So I see both sides of the coin here. The one thing that really gets me is the people who sit there and complain about people switching to a needed character while they sit there playing what they want the whole game being useless. Not saying the op is the doing that, just making a point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    If someone at work said how was your day, tell them "I killed a god damn DRAGON! How was your day? Not as cool as killing a DRAGON I bet!".
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowhammer
    Rule #40: Under no circumstances look a resto druid in the eyes. They are easily scared away and may not ever come back.

I 100% do not care about losing an overwatch match so long as I get to play what I want and have fun. That's the greatness of quickplay. If you feel so strongly about winning the match, go play ranked when it comes online.

Dude. I already said more then once that I don't mind a sniper on attack!
    He said there is always one insta locking, so what I meant was go as a second sniper on def.
    2 snipers on attack is just playing to lose as its a 4v6 when it comes to taking points.
    I even had a game yesterday with 2 hanzo's and 2 widow's + my self on mercy and a random dude on Winston.
    We got absolutely destroyed as we could not get to the point with the 2 of us while the 4 snipers sat back and tried to shoot stuff.
    There is times where those comps can work and times they don't. Blizzard has given everyone the tools to play how they want.

There is no set way to play and win. Once more like I said don't like it don't do Quick Play. I rather have 4 snipers who know how to play her then 4 people playing a class they don't have a fucken clue how to play.

You are bitching about people playing the way they want (The way the game IS MADE). Your way is not the set way to play its a option. You said it yourself, you have a near 50/50 win/lose rate. For Quick Play that is good and normal.

Everyone has there way to play and its all welcomed. Don't like it don't do quick play.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    I guess anyone who loses isn't playing the game right, since the objective of the game is to win

They paid for the game, quickplay is dirty, if you don't like it you can use the "Avoid this player" option as well as grouping up with friends.

Otherwise, deal with people enjoying the game how they want. "How dare you eat ice-cream with a spoon, it's meant to be eaten out of a cone!"
    "avoid player" doesn't work.
    I got matched up with the exact same person a few hours later and I tried avoiding him again .. and the box was already ticked.

That being said, I hear all your opinions and will refrain from using random's again.
    I never knew so many of you "I pay so I do whatever I want" people were on MMO champ.
    Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    That's why I don't solo queue, I only play with friends, if noone's online I'll go do something else.
    Exactly this. I avoid this game entirely if I don't have at least 4 other friends on to maybe carry that last person. This game is cancer solo.
    "I will say, I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    There is times where those comps can work and times they don't. Blizzard has given everyone the tools to play how they want.

There is no set way to play and win. Once more like I said don't like it don't do Quick Play. I rather have 4 snipers who know how to play her then 4 people playing a class they don't have a fucken clue how to play.

You are bitching about people playing the way they want (The way the game IS MADE). Your way is not the set way to play its a option. You said it yourself, you have a near 50/50 win/lose rate. For Quick Play that is good and normal.
    BUT ITS NOT MADE THAT WAY!!!!

IT says on the right side " YOU HAVE TO MANY SNIPERS ".
    This is blizzard telling you THERE ARE TO MANY FUCKING SNIPERS.
    So this is NOT how the game is made, they just gave you the freedom to do so while giving you hints to NOT DO IT!

Really.. this isn't rocket science.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    I never really understood the mentality. Sure winning is not the end all be all of the game but I personally have more fun if it's a close well-fought game than if it's us constantly running to a point and getting slaughtered or losing points in a couple of minuets.
    thing is, that the other team has the exact same issues.

The perception is that your teams suck and the other teams are great....sorry, but everyone has the same chance of getting a balanced team. the only common factor is you and your attitude. So if you are not winning at least 50% of your games, or you are getting frustrated or angry, then thats on you and your attitude. Not your teammates.

After all, you are unlikley to get matched with the same teammates often, but you are always in your games....

Deleted
    Block them, should prevent you from queueing with them. I hope OW's queue works like that. over time it should improve your team matchups.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Earth View Post
    Exactly this. I avoid this game entirely if I don't have at least 4 other friends on to maybe carry that last person. This game is cancer solo.
    Starting to understand that now. Really thought there would be more then 1/2 like minded people here though.
    Guess not.

Deleted
    The game tell you what to do, it says you have to many snipers on the right side.
    This means you HAVE TO MANY SNIPERS and you are ruining your chances of doing well.

All I asked if for people to actually play the game as its supposed to be played instead of "I paid so I do whatever the fuck I want, respect my authority" shit.
    The game is made as a team game to go for objectives and beat the other team.
    Its not my little pony fun world were you walk around all day.

I also said in my first post I asked the person nicely if they would swap as hanzo on Temple of anubis attack is useless till you get to point B.
    I did not rage, did not tell him what to do I asked him and told him my reasons for asking him.
    And all you guys are doing is attacking me personally over and over.
    You are describing your own behaviour, people who say they have the right to play how they enjoy it, are different from people like you who want to tell other's how to play the game. The one who thinks he has any authority here is people like you, which you obviously don't have.