Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    It's less of an issue than other specs, who have radiating effects that don't stop at targets, yet (most) get no complaints.
    Aren't those abilities talents, though? I tried poking through the other ranged specs on Wowhead and didn't notice anything that looked like it would have been a baseline rotational ability that does that. It's possible I may have missed something, but anyone who's having issues with those abilities seems to be free to talent out of them and into a friendlier option. You can't do that with Frozen Orb though.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Frozen Orb puts your whole PvP team at a disadvantage each time it's cast. I'd rather have something else proc for PvP.
    We who PvE would agree this is not best for PvP, if Blizzard concurs they can address it via new PvP talent tree. It won't be Glacial Spike or Ebonbolt, I could see a instant Frostbolt with some amped damage.

In PvE it will work, hell it is hard to find a fight in current raid design that doesn't have adds or entire add phases. In dungeons I just love dumping FO into a 4-8 pack of mobs.

Changing a PVP talent to fix it isn't really a solution, because that heavily discourages ever using the other two talents on its row.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarm View Post
    Aren't those abilities talents, though? I tried poking through the other ranged specs on Wowhead and didn't notice anything that looked like it would have been a baseline rotational ability that does that. It's possible I may have missed something, but anyone who's having issues with those abilities seems to be free to talent out of them and into a friendlier option. You can't do that with Frozen Orb though.
    All but Frost DK's 5m CD, yeah. But again, Frozen Orb is the only one of these that stays put while doing its job. For all but the most ridiculously poor play, it's a complete non-issue. Even then, if you're safe firing Arcane Orb, you're (probably) safe firing Frozen Orb at a dying mob. It goes 5 yards further, so there's the potential it could pull something AO won't.

As an aside, what happens when those talents are deemed "mandatory" by the community? They become functionally worse, since a very large portion of players will only play the best talents, and they have all the drawbacks of not stopping at the target. It's not like Frost is suddenly this atrocious spec that can't be played in any situation because Orb continues on its path when not hitting something. I've died infinitely more times due to straight lack of damage than Orb pulling extras. Wtb a fucking tuning pass.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2016-06-07 at 07:51 PM.

Frozen orb feels clunky when trying to do aoe trash still. You get your initial cast, then need to cast a single target spell to proc it again. (and it may or may not proc)

I think it feels great of bosses, especially those with adds. Once you get the artifact leveled up a ways it procs all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Wtb a fucking tuning pass.
    Agreed fully. I feel like I am holding mythic+ groups back, when they could just bring a hunter or another DH

If Blizzard could also proc Brain Freeze that'd be more smooth, especially without the legendary.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whisperingsage View Post
    If Blizzard could also proc Brain Freeze that'd be more smooth, especially without the legendary.
    Agreed. I'd say trade the FoF on Blizzard for BF personally. AOE feeds AOE.

It'd also be stupidly powerful, so I doubt it'll happen.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2016-06-08 at 03:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to wowhead frostbolt got nerfed a little but LW got buffed. 30% to frostbolt, FO, and ice lance but icicles were removed from the damage bonus.
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=253434/l...-of-karazhan-m

Quote Originally Posted by GhostPanini View Post
    According to wowhead frostbolt got nerfed a little but LW got buffed. 30% to frostbolt, FO, and ice lance but icicles were removed from the damage bonus.
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=253434/l...-of-karazhan-m
    Yeah. Posted on the front page.

Odd nerf to frostbolt and removal of Icicles from LW.

If Frostbolt already gets buffed by LW, doesn't also buffing Icicles let them double dip? The removal seems reasonable in that sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Missing from front page: Waterbolt buffed from 60.6% to 80%. Combined with the 30% on It's Cold Outside, that's a sizable chunk to the Elemental's damage.

Not sure why they nerfed Frost Bolt, damn thing doesn't hit that hard. Down to 165% from 178.7%. A 13.7% hit

What talents are you all running for mythic+? I feel like I'm missing something. The rotation feels super clunky, and I'm not sure how to prioritize spells. With RoP, Glacial Spike, Ray of Frost, Ebonbolt, Brain Freeze and FoF procs its like I'm always waiting on something to come off CD or proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerumo View Post
    What talents are you all running for mythic+? I feel like I'm missing something. The rotation feels super clunky, and I'm not sure how to prioritize spells. With RoP, Glacial Spike, Ray of Frost, Ebonbolt, Brain Freeze and FoF procs its like I'm always waiting on something to come off CD or proc.
    agreed, I'd also like to hear what others have found to be the best combination for dungeons but also questing/solo stuff (rares etc)
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    Not sure why they nerfed Frost Bolt, damn thing doesn't hit that hard. Down to 165% from 178.7%. A 13.7% hit
    Probably because it only took like 100% mastery (don't quote me on the exact amount), to push ice lance completely out of the rotation.

The double Dip on LW, splitting ice, and high mastery made frostbolt hit insane amounts for a spammable spell. It was 450%~ spellpower in normal nighthold gear when I did the math on a full mastery build.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Probably because it only took like 100% mastery (don't quote me on the exact amount), to push ice lance completely out of the rotation.

The double Dip on LW, splitting ice, and high mastery made frostbolt hit insane amounts for a spammable spell. It was 450%~ spellpower in normal nighthold gear when I did the math on a full mastery build.
    What you are really saying is that Mastery around 100% is generating an Icicle equal to the Frostbolt, said Icicle then enjoys more damage via splitting ice, and would enjoy more via Glacial Spike. Also they removed Icicles from Lonely Winter, so no double dip anymore.

Are you looking at mastery on a toon at level 100?

The whole secondaries don't scale as well that Blizzard added for Legion should not allow you to easily find 100% mastery at level 110.

What you are really saying is that Mastery around 100% is generating an Icicle equal to the Frostbolt, said Icicle then enjoys more damage via splitting ice, and would enjoy more via Glacial Spike. Also they removed Icicles from Lonely Winter, so no double dip anymore.

Are you looking at mastery on a toon at level 100?

The whole secondaries don't scale as well that Blizzard added for Legion should not allow you to easily find 100% mastery at level 110.

Actually frosts mastery at 110 scales exceedingly well. You can easily hit 100% in dungeon blues.

Yes, it generates an icicle that would cause it's damage to be more than an ice lance. GS doesn't actually increase the damage of the icicle unless you use it on like RoP, so it's not needed. The lonely winter removal moved the mastery cap up a bit too now.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Actually frosts mastery at 110 scales exceedingly well. You can easily hit 100% in dungeon blues.

Yes, it generates an icicle that would cause it's damage to be more than an ice lance. GS doesn't actually increase the damage of the icicle unless you use it on like RoP, so it's not needed. The lonely winter removal moved the mastery cap up a bit too now.

My understanding is GS can crit, so if it crits, it would increase the Icicle damage.

Anyhow that's the best reason I have seen for nerf to Frost Bolt.

My understanding is GS can crit, so if it crits, it would increase the Icicle damage.

Anyhow that's the best reason I have seen for nerf to Frost Bolt.
    Maybe, I haven't been bothered to test that because GS doesn't take into effect icicles unless you drop splitting ice, either way that just makes mastery even more powerful and push your other abilities out faster.

Lol, reverse reverse!

So LW back to 20% and FB back to 175%.

Also GS nerfed down to 650% from 800%. Ice Lance buffed 5% to 55%.