Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    "If you still feel the need to dish out blame, then I would prefer you direct it at me, I was the executive producer on the project; I hired Jay and I gave him advice and direction throughout the development process. I was ultimately responsible for the game we released and take full responsibility for the quality of the result."

Rob Pardo

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard cannibalise their own products, where do you think colour-coded item quality, set bonuses and the original talent trees came from?
    So they both admit being at fault. Good for them. Rob Pardo hasnt done a single thing since WotLK and himself has his own list
    of stupid stuff he's done. Hell, once he was fired at blizzard, WoD (which he led) went from development hell to having constant development. Though it was less than a year till release so it ended up rushed.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Luckily, he's the only one saddened by this news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Truly Fuck That Guy, he fucked up my favorite game Diablo and now has some shit moved to Legion, Fuck him and the horse he rode on

The Franchise Slayer J Wilson quit after almost killing Diablo and killing WoW. Good riddance, you will not be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Artifact power is bad simply because of class balance, in order to play a balanced spec for raid starts you need to grind the artifact weapon 90% complete, better with 100%. Then you'll have the same thing again for your offspec to be even worth using.
    Before Legion we didn't have to grind extra to get talents, we got them while leveling. Instead of 110 being the level cap in Legion it's going to be 110+50hrs.
    It's a bad idea to have power locked behind time walls, it forces people to get them done asap which:
    a) causes people to flood areas and density issues pop up. people get mad and quit.
    b) once people are done with it in a month or two they become bored and quit.
    c) people get burned out with everything they have to do, people quit.

What they shouldhave done:
    a) Make world drops cosmetic items with no power gains. With this people won't be rushed into doing it, people won't quit.
    b) Since there's no rush to do all the grind asap people will have things for longer, not quitting.
    c) People won't get burnt out, people are happy.

It's not even funny how easily it is to make these changes and there's no downsides...
    The rather obvious downside to your approach: no game impacting benefits from the grind = zero reason to play that content at any speed. This leads to instant boredom and quitting (or never even starting) for many.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Well a lot of people have been wondering why people aren't being shitcanned after what went on with WoD. Having 60% of your customers walk out the door costing you hundreds of millions of dollars is a pretty big deal. Maybe they're trying for a detox and a fresh start. But then I look at facebook integration and realize nah, they're just idiots. Nothing will change.
    The WoD hate was a badwagon, I personally didn't mind it at all, although, I've always believed that it's more who you do it with than what you do. I found myself a wonderful guild in WoD and It's been some of the best times I've had in the game. I feel like every expansion has improved the game for me. The only expansion I've actually quit was TBC because although I am/was good at the game, I still couldn't do raids because it was the most inaccessible pile of turd in the history of wow. Confirms my above statement though, I couldn't find a guild therefor, what many consider the best I consider the worst.

The ONLY problem in WoW in the past years is the frequency of content, not the content itself, the raids have been amazing, the dungeons have been brilliant (but stale by the end - as has always been the case) and the world content is probably better than ever. Garrisons are kinda a pain, but they've learnt from that mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelric70 View Post
    The rather obvious downside to your approach: no game impacting benefits from the grind = zero reason to play that content at any speed. This leads to instant boredom and quitting (or never even starting) for many.
    That completely depends on the design of the rewards, how unique they are and how difficult they (rare) they are to obtain.
    Tabards, mounts, transmog (cosmetic items), weapon glows, "wings", titles and so on. Make things spectacular and people will want to get them, likely not everyone but that's fine. Some have no interest in raids, some have no interest in pvp, some have no interest in pet battles...
    You don't aim to please everyone, you aim to give different groups of players things to do.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Woot free movie ticket Also works for T-Mobile Prepaid if anyone was wondering. I'm sure no one is...

If writing was his initial passion; why was the Diablo 3 story so bland and predictable? Regardless I wish him the best.

Really good new, he make diablo game bad and now on legion try to do the same... leave plz and don't come back, games of blizz don't need people with ideas that don't know how the games are.

Jay wilson make the worst game on the blizzard history and when blizz look that thing move him to wow and fix the diablo game, i really hope that legion is one of the best expansion that blizz realease, cause if they continue doing the same with expansions more people will leave.

They are not listening all people feedback only a few that not represent all comunity, thats why 2 of the best guild of the world are not continue doing first kill... the game is not the same that as it was a couple of years ago. thats why many people left...

Hope Jay to do well and achieve all his project but please hope he will not come back again cause he don't know how to make games.....

This is like the best news we have heard in months. Didn't this guy screwed up Diablo 3's gameplay and auction house system? I also remembered him saying "Fxxk that loser" to the original Diablo II developers too. Seriously, good riddance.

Diablo 3 is the gaming equivalent of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.

Both hugely successful from a financial standpoint, and both gigantic pieces of disappointing crap.

It's not his fault, they design things as a team
    Guess not a lot of people are familiar with company's PR. Of course that's what they say, they won't put one of their guy in the line of fire.

Still, Lead Game Designer. The important word here is Lead.

Wishing him best of luck for the future, but today was a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by jayeffkay View Post
    If writing was his initial passion; why was the Diablo 3 story so bland and predictable? Regardless I wish him the best.
    Yeah, this seems to be the really fucked up (but funny) part of all of this. How can someone expect to be a (good) writer with Diablo 3's storyline on your resume, lmao.

I've never been impressed with his work. Release D3 was meh, the story was really trite and rather weak, even for Diablo, for someone who wants to continue (?!) to be a writer. The stuff he brought over to WoW from the teams he lead I've not been a huge fan of at all, basically increasing gear RNG and removing a finishing point to increase replayability.

The reason he gets the hate is he was the boss on those Diablo 3, if you are the boss the blame runs top down, you okay the decisions you reap the benefit or the burden. I think people forget this about being boss, not sure why, but if you are the leader the team sinks or swims with you, that is your sole fucking job.

I'm sure he's doing fine and will continue to do fine, I wasn't a fan of his teams choices and the decisions made under his guidance. Simple point. No hate, just not my taste or style. Seeing him move on to his passion is nice for him and me as a player.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Yeah, this seems to be the really fucked up (but funny) part of all of this. How can someone expect to be a (good) writer with Diablo 3's storyline on your resume, lmao.
    This, it is one of the worst game stories I've seen, beyond its direct rips from previous 2 games. There is no originality, no twist, and everything is so glaringly foretold it borders on an inability to foreshadow at all, but basically telling you the story before it happens each time. Diablo wasn't renowed for its story or lore, but I did feel D3 was exceptionally weak storywise.

Wilson is a turd but you can't blame him for the shit writing of Diablo 3. That fault lies with Metzen, he's a hack writer.

fuck that loser

Jay Wilson leaves Blizzard and the game industry and utterly nothing of value is lost.

Fuck you Jay you hack. Best of luck to you in whatever sector you decide to venture into and completely ruin next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holinka should learn from this guy and quit too.