Down to 18%

The most hilarious part of this thread is the beginning when people were like "Don't freak out about 40%, there are just a few reviews in!"

Prediction: Opening weekend Warcraft will likely open at a very weak #1, probably 25-35 million, and then drop hard the 2nd week. Will be very lucky to sniff 100 million domestic total, if I had guess I'd say it'll total about 60-85 mil domestic, which is squarely in the big bomb category, but given the international box office it won't be epic financial disaster.

Sequel almost certainly not going to happen. If by some outside chance it does, it'll be on an absolute shoestring budget

I'm going to go see it and have convinced a lot of people to. Also, I think RT's methodology is crap, although metacritic isn't rating it any higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Down to 18%

The most hilarious part of this thread is the beginning when people were like "Don't freak out about 40%, there are just a few reviews in!"

Prediction: Opening weekend Warcraft will likely open at a very weak #1, probably 25-35 million, and then drop hard the 2nd week. Will be very lucky to sniff 100 million domestic total, if I had guess I'd say it'll total about 60-85 mil domestic, which is squarely in the big bomb category, but given the international box office it won't be epic financial disaster.

Sequel almost certainly not going to happen. If by some outside chance it does, it'll be on an absolute shoestring budget
    Salty much? What matters to you if this is a success or not?

For everyone poo poo'ing RT's methodology.

Think of the last 5-6 movies you saw and greatly enjoyed and look up their RT%

Think of the last 2-3 movies you saw and thought sucked, and look up their RT%

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus_The_Mage View Post
    News from the east, Warcraft movie just shattered the all-time midnight opening record in China. Amazing feat considering that the movie open on a midnight in the middle of the week where most people still need to work the next morning.

https://twitter.com/ChinaBoxOffice/s...94365281292288
    While still amazing, did anyone really expect to not hear something similar coming from China? That country build an illegal theme park based on wow. If you thought a warcraft movie wouldn't do better there, than anywhere else in the world you haven't been play attention.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Down to 18%

Someone is salty with the Chinese record breaking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    While still amazing, did anyone really expect to not hear something similar coming from China? That country build an illegal theme park based on wow. If you thought a warcraft movie wouldn't do better there, than anywhere else in the world you haven't been play attention.
    Yeah, it's like they are selling a product to the people that want to buy it, what kind of sorcery is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    SNIP..
    Yeah, it's like they are selling a product to the people that want to buy it, what kind of sorcery is that?
    The same sorcery that doesn't seem to have the same effect in the West.

TMNT is at 36%. Angry birds is at 40%.

Warcraft is down to 16%

The last Airbender comes in at 6%. Think warcraft will sink even lower than that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    The same sorcery that doesn't seem to have the same effect in the West.
    The West isn't just North America, a market that hasn't even opened yet. In the rest of the West, is doing very good.

Guess they could've hired Uwe Boll after all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    TMNT is at 36%. Angry birds is at 40%.

Warcraft is down to 16%

The last Airbender comes in at 6%. Think warcraft will sink even lower than that?
    I never understood why RT is such a huge deal in the US. Anyone can explain me that please?
    I also check RT, but if a movie gets 0% that won't turn me away from watching a movie. E.g.: Earlier this year BvS came out and i saw it was about ~30% on RT and I loved the movie it's a 9/10 for me.
    Now Warcraft is at 16%, I've already seen it (two weeks ago) and I really liked it too. I'd rate it 9/10 as well. However the movie is a huge success here (Hungary) and everyone loves it (I know it by the comments and ratings on hungarian websites).

So if I'm interested in a movie and I've been waiting for it for years, then I'm gonna see it and I don't care what the critics say.
    Sometimes there are movies I'm not sure I wanna see or not (it's Independence Day 2 now), but even on those movies I don't listen to critics. I wait a bit and check IMDb score and if it's above 6,5 I go and see it.

Oh and yes the movie will go below 10%, when 200+ reviews will be in. The critics just hate it, because it's made of a video game they hate (they don't even know that the movie is not about WoW, but they don't care), so they won't rate it higher than 1/10. They all gonna tell you, go watch Battlefield: Earth because it's waaay better! **** critics!
    Last edited by mmoca506320b02; 2016-06-07 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Damn 16%.
    I know, right? Flopity flopity, flop, flop flop.

Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    I know, right? Flopity flopity, flop, flop flop.
    https://gyazo.com/13b7dc2baa5ec564b4b131c5896f5bd8

Yeah man, total flop.

I bet the sequels that are pretty much guaranteed will be just a big of a 'flop' too. HATED by the fans!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    https://gyazo.com/13b7dc2baa5ec564b4b131c5896f5bd8

Yeah man, total flop.

I bet the sequels that are pretty much guaranteed will be just a big of a 'flop' too. HATED by the fans!
    If it's a flop in the US, and it will be, then we'll never see a sequel. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixy View Post
    Pacific Rim 2 says us otherwise.

Its been almost universally loved in every territory, What makes you think the US would be any different?

You'll see the sequel on the Chinese numbers alone.

Deleted
    Well it brought in more than half of the budget. Warcraft will sadly stop at about $50 million in the US, which is incredibly awful, but I really hope you will prove me wrong.

Transformers is a series that does a whole lot better outside of the US as well. Transformers 4 grossed 200 million domestically but did 1 billion worldwide

Deleted
    Warcraft will sadly stop at about $50 million in the US.
    Honestly? Won't predict the US box office. But China alone will get +300M.