Poll: Bernie Supporters, who will you vote for?

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    So basically Trump.
    or basically Hilary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Well, Sanders and Trump both arent happy with the current system, they want change. They're also both leaning more left than the conservatives. Even if you look past Clintons lies, with her nothing would change as she represents the corporate interests and doesn't really stand for US citizens, especially not the middle and lower class.
    How is Trump leaning more left or even Hillary represents more corporate interest? There is nothing in Hillary that remotely reaches Trump's "bomb the shit out of them and give their oil to Exxon". Trump wants to cut taxes on corporations, well beyond increasing taxes that Hillary and Bernie list. Hillary and Bernie list education and empowering US manufacturing, while Trump focuses on 'bolstering' troops and threatening our trade partners. There is litteraly nothing in Trump's policy that helps middle class, unless you believe making China magically or through threats, more susceptible to US corporations. Unless you believe drastically reducing taxes on corporations, using military to protect or influence our interest in other countries will help the middle class, there is nothing there.

Trump's policy reinforces trickle down economics, which has not only failed, but increased the burden of the middle class.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to vote Gary Johnson from the very beginning anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Because Sanders =/= Clinton. There are more issues than just left vs right and people are sick of the status quo. Its moronic to think that if you like one left side politician that you will prefer the other left side politician over someone thats on the right, adjusted for the us political spectrum of course because Clinton is on the right as well anywhere else in the world. Don't get me wrong I would not vote for either Clinton or Trump. I would write in Bernie or vote independent.
    Clinton is far closer to Bernie on their policy. Regardless of left vs right, if you look at their listed policy, Bernie and Trump are polar opposites. Voting for Trump if Bernie fails, is not a mater of keeping your vote on right or left, it means your support of Bernie had nothing to do with what he was saying.

If you actually listened to Bernie, the only voting choice is Jill Stein...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Why the tits a liberal Sanders supporter would consider Trump over Clinton is beyond me.
    Because Trump isn't a conservative and Hillary is.

I dont understand how someone could vote for trump or clinton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Because Trump isn't a conservative and Hillary is.
    If Trump doesn't count as conservative, then Hillary most certainly isn't one either. How is a man that doubles down on trickle down economics, copies his healthcare plan from Harritage, against federal recognition of gay marriage, would appoint a judge to over turn Row v Wade, not republican version of conservative? Just because GOP does not like that he doesn't mince words in his support of republican policy, does not make him not Republican.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    I'm very torn between the notion of "wasting my vote" on a third party candidate. I'm not sure whether I buy it or not.

Either the Republican nominee or the Democratic nominee will be President for the next four years. That's an undeniable fact. If I want to participate in the selection of the next president, as a Bernie supporter, the only choice at this time would be Hillary.
    What a load of horse shit, basically you are suggesting your vote doesn't matter if you don't vote for the winner. The reason 3rd party, Green and Sanders don't get the recognition is because the American people have been force fed this corrupt bipartisan system for so long they cant even fathom it being some other way. I mean, half the people I've talked to over the years always say the same thing, "I'd go green but..." I mean ffs, if everyone who sits there and supports green were to actually go out and vote green, It might actually be a serious threat. Of course with the sheer number of sheeple in this country that believe "wasting my vote on a third party candidate" Yeah, you probably will lose, but change will never happen by voting status quo... maybe you should try voting for a candidate that represents you instead of this "fuck the red/blue team" mentality.

"Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roangut View Post
    What a load of horse shit, basically you are suggesting your vote doesn't matter if you don't vote for the winner.
    That's not what I'm suggesting at all.

First-past-the-post voting systems inevitably lead to a two-party system. And that's what we have. There's no denying it. Either the Republican nominee will win, or the Democratic nominee will win. Those cards are already dealt.

Knowing that, I can either vote for the candidate closest to my values, or I can vote for a candidate that I know, for a fact, will not win the election. So I'm making a conscious decision to do the former.
    Eat yo vegetables

Voting trump its a big fuck you to Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Clinton is far closer to Bernie on their policy. Regardless of left vs right, if you look at their listed policy, Bernie and Trump are polar opposites. Voting for Trump if Bernie fails, is not a mater of keeping your vote on right or left, it means your support of Bernie had nothing to do with what he was saying.

If you actually listened to Bernie, the only voting choice is Jill Stein...
    Again you can agree with a candidate on enough issues to vote for them regardless of where they fall on the political spectrum. And then when they are not the nominee you can decide to vote for someone else who best fits your view point. It's like transgender or homosexual people that vote republican, yeah they disagree on issues but they agree on the issues that matter more to them.

I'm extremely disappointed in everyone who said trump. And I have to ask why do you even support Bernie if you will so quickly vote trump?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    That's not what I'm suggesting at all.

First-past-the-post voting systems inevitably lead to a two-party system. And that's what we have. There's no denying it. Either the Republican nominee will win, or the Democratic nominee will win. Those cards are already dealt.

Knowing that, I can either vote for the candidate closest to my values, or I can vote for a candidate that I know, for a fact, will not win the election. So I'm making a conscious decision to do the former.
    Fair enough, and if Clinton does align with you values then more power to you.

My quarrel with her is she's flying the Blue colors while preaching war and fighting for the upperclass/wallstreet. To me that'd be like putting A butcher in charge of P.E.T.A. You can say you fight for animals from dawn to dusk, but actions speak louder than words and I wouldn't trust you near my cow. Politician's promises are empty and party affiliation doesn't mean jack these days, her loyalty is only to her lobbyists. She is a wolf in sheep's clothing; we are the sheep.
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't democratic.

And yes, let it all burn. Then something decent can rise from the ashes.

The people were too stupid to vote for Bernie so they fully deserve this.
    I'm sure it's all been said before, but you're at least 10x as stupid as you think the people who didn't vote for Bernie are. Pretty sure even if fraud was discovered at every level of the nomination process Sanders himself would still call you an idiot for voting for trump. You are the metaphor cutting off your nose to spite your face incarnate.

Your idiotic assumption that "something better" will rise from the ashes when it's just as likely, probably more so, for Hillary to try and run again or something who's basically hillary 2.0 instead of a Bernie-esque candidate.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by FroggyChaos View Post
    I'm extremely disappointed in everyone who said trump. And I have to ask why do you even support Bernie if you will so quickly vote trump?

Bernie Sanders On #BernieOrBust

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Why the tits a liberal Sanders supporter would consider Trump over Clinton is beyond me.
    I support bernie however i would never give that evil women my vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

Quote Originally Posted by Roangut View Post
    What a load of horse shit, basically you are suggesting your vote doesn't matter if you don't vote for the winner. The reason 3rd party, Green and Sanders don't get the recognition is because the American people have been force fed this corrupt bipartisan system for so long they cant even fathom it being some other way. I mean, half the people I've talked to over the years always say the same thing, "I'd go green but..." I mean ffs, if everyone who sits there and supports green were to actually go out and vote green, It might actually be a serious threat. Of course with the sheer number of sheeple in this country that believe "wasting my vote on a third party candidate" Yeah, you probably will lose, but change will never happen by voting status quo... maybe you should try voting for a candidate that represents you instead of this "fuck the red/blue team" mentality.

No if everyone who supported Green went out and voted Green then the republicans get a slandslide. That is the factual truth of the First Past the Post system, in the end you end up with having to hold your nose and vote for the one of the two main parties that is closest to your views. The US system is based on the UK system of voting with a few changes. But keeps the First past the post which forces a 2 party system.

Quote Originally Posted by Jencsik View Post
    I support bernie however i would never give that evil women my vote.
    Which is not anywhere near the same as actively voting for Trump after purportedly being a Sanders supporter and the thought process being questioned.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Which is not anywhere near the same as actively voting for Trump after purportedly being a Sanders supporter and the thought process being questioned.
    I'm writing in Bernie if he doesn't win the primary. My states election is today. I will not be a part of a trump/clinton presidency. I don't support either candidate. I just said i wouldn't give my vote to Hillary but that doesn't mean i'll vote for trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jencsik View Post
    I'm writing in Bernie if he doesn't win the primary. My states election is today. I will not be a part of a trump/clinton presidency. I don't support either candidate. I just said i wouldn't give my vote to Hillary but that doesn't mean i'll vote for trump.
    Whether or not you support their presidency doesn't really matter much. One of the two will be President. You can either try to affect that outcome, or not.
    Eat yo vegetables