Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaesden View Post
    Patch 6.1 twitter integration begs to differ with you.
    To be fair, WoD was never meant to be finished or whatever. They released the game unfinished, then released the second raid tier BRF later as new content - that was already tested even before launch - then they made hellfire raid with the new zone. To sum wod up: you got an unfinished game, got the parts later you should have got at launch, then the art guys made a new zone - with absolute lack of content, the zone is purely cosmetic update - + a raid. The only thing they added to the unfinished shit they made was a single raid zone. Telling you a fancy screenshot mode "selfie camera" being a huge content update is just icing on the cake.

I think the marketing guys didnt expect that people are still so passionate about wow that sub numbers will skyrocket to 10M at launch, and they didnt prepare any content to keep them. Shame. *bell ringing* Shame. *bell ringing*...

Won't connect apps like that, but for someone who uses FB a lot I see this being handy, and it is the biggest social platform on the net.

What an absolutely ridiculous total waste of time.

Newsflash: I don't care if my mom and my brothers or my coworkers can see that I just cleared Mythic Archimonde and I highly doubt they're interested in watching me stream.

Not to mention Facebook's streaming and video platforms are garbage anyway and are pretty much exclusively used to steal copurighted content from YouTube or DailyMotion or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    I'm sorry, but this is absolutely the way forward for games. As is usual, Blizzard are simply ahead of the curve and are in on the ground floor before everyone else scrambles to catch up.

There are more players playing free games than there are playing any other type, and Facebook is probably the most popular. So many people can play together via their online media accounts, and they can share all sorts of things, that bigger games are a very obvious next step for a cultural generation that wants to be connected as much as it possibly can be. Whether you think other social media platforms are better, or if you dislike the data-gathering that goes on behind the scenes on Facebook, is incidental. This is going to be an extraordinary success, and we're only a few short years from things like Facebook being charged services that open up an entire world of entertainment with only one master account.

Whether or not you're on board, doesn't actually matter. Tens of thousands will replace you.

This is the future of entertainment.
    Then we have already lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaddon View Post
    Incorrect. They pay Blizzard, hence making them sell outs.
    You didn't understand my post. Blizzard pays their own developers to do this shit when they could be paying other developers to develop actual content. Doesn't matter if they get $$ from Facebook, that $$ is certainly not re-invested in gameplay development anyway...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Then we have already lost.
    Lost what? I'm not trying to say everything's great, I'm just not sure what (specifically) you've think "we" have lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ View Post
    You didn't understand my post. Blizzard pays their own developers to do this shit when they could be paying other developers to develop actual content. Doesn't matter if they get $$ from Facebook, that $$ is certainly not re-invested in gameplay development anyway...
    My bad

/10char

Artwork created by Yochi
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I personally find watching game streamers to be the lowest, saddest form of loneliness.

I would want to be able to use those mouseover item link tooltips thing on facebook.

10+ Year Old Account
    People (who aren't my mom) still use Facebook?

15+ Year Old Account
    So many cancer comments in this section, wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    Lost what? I'm not trying to say everything's great, I'm just not sure what (specifically) you've think "we" have lost.
    The game. Life. Everything.

Deleted
    HAHAHAHHA.... this truly shows how much world of warcraft sucks atm.
    ur so bored u need to tab out to chat on facebook, but ur too afraid to miss dungeon queue... wow.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Facebook is still a thing these days?

Huh... who knew.
    When you hipster so hard you forget what Facebook is lawl

Quote Originally Posted by amplitudelol View Post
    To be fair, WoD was never meant to be finished or whatever.I think the marketing guys didnt expect that people are still so passionate about wow that sub numbers will skyrocket to 10M at launch, and they didnt prepare any content to keep them. Shame. *bell ringing* Shame. *bell ringing*...
    Why is that fair? Also, it doesn't matter if they did or didn't expect the numbers to "skyrocket" to 10 million at launch as an excuse for them to not finish content. It should be complete regardless of subscription numbers.

Imagine if you're at a restaurant with some friends and they decided feed you 1/2 of what you ordered and everyone else in there because more people than expected showed up and you still had to pay full price for what you ordered originally. That's unacceptable and so is Blizzards World of Warcraft.

Deleted
    who needs content if you can get integration of random crap.. like any1 wants ppl to know they play wow lol.

Facebook, I LOATHE you!

I'm sure it'll be useful to some, I probably won't ever use it though. Never used twitter integration either. Don't really use either social medias too much to begin with. I don't need to know what people are doing every second of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    EDIT: For those who so righteously were so quickly to quote me and became dangerously close to say >it's the current year, do you want this to be the next step for WoW?

*Snipped pic of a man with flowing hero hair and in a dress*
    I'm sure it's been pointed out but I'm too lazy to read through to check, but we have had this very thing in WoW for 11 years now. Those buff men with flowing hair and beards facing the gravest dangers Azeroth has known in beautiful dresses. We call them mages, priests, and warlocks. Or sometimes paladins, shaman, and druids if they're into chains, leather, and sheet metal. What they roleplay as is none of my business though.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many very edgy comments from people that are way too cool for Facebook...

Twitch might be more on-point, but Facebook has a much, much bigger audience. Further, most of the people that want to stream through Twitch probably already are. This feels to me like a way to increase exposure of and for people with less technical knowledge.

Also... Did not expect so many people to be concerned about people they are purportedly friends with or related to knowing they play WoW. Or is it that you play an embarrassing amount of it? (Not sure what that even means.) I've been playing since I was, what, 24? Life's too short to worry about the opinions of people that would negatively judge you based on a hobby. You should be using Facebook and Twitter to make friends with people that are like you- not hiding who you are to try and be friends with people that don't.