Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    Its been almost universally loved in every territory, What makes you think the US would be any different?
    This: Gamespot $25million Warcraft opening
    But please prove them wrong!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixy View Post
    Warcraft broke the European predictions. So, it's very hard to predict anything (except China).

The movie is CGI with larping. I'm not expecting oscar nominations.

10+ Year Old Account
    The trailer was kinda shit. Granted we'd been spoiled by some really good movie trailers but the warcraft one was awful. It took every hackneyed clichéd bit of dialogue and crammed it into 2 minutes.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lery View Post
    The movie is CGI with larping. I'm not expecting oscar nominations.
    ??? Why would anyone expect it? :S

The trailer was kinda shit. Granted we'd been spoiled by some really good movie trailers but the warcraft one was awful. It took every hackneyed clichéd bit of dialogue and crammed it into 2 minutes.
    Indeed, but when I saw the movie it was awesome. It seemed they really worked on the orc/world CGI (really hard to explain this, it just felt the orcs were really in the world and didn't feel like they were "out of the world") since that trailer. (Also a lot of things weren't in the final movie)
    Last edited by mmoca506320b02; 2016-06-07 at 05:03 PM. Reason: orcs

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The West isn't just North America, a market that hasn't even opened yet. In the rest of the West, is doing very good.
    Youy are right the market hasn't opened yet but apparently what is being sold, isn't being well received. Sure, you dismiss critics as much as possible and some clearly can be but this product just doesn't seem to have a lot of hype outside of fans and then you get varying opinions from them as well.

I really hope there will be some good mouth to mouth propaganda in the US. Cause that's what I've seen happening around me. When I told a friend who's not interested in WoW at all, that I had watched the movie , I was surprised to find he had heard quite a bit about it before and mostly positive ("I heard the graphics are awesome!" etc) It would be great if something similar were to happen in the US, but I guess it remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Honestly? Won't predict the US box office. But China alone will get +300M.
    Bold statement. Funny how fine the line is between bold and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Surprise level: 0.0%.

We all knew this was going to be a dud from the very beginning. It is a GAME MOVIE, they never ever ever ever ever ever ever turn out well.
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bla.../?search=BLAIR

RT gave Blair Witch an 86% and that movie was one of the worst movies ever.
    Its the only movie ive ever ask for my movie back.

You should probable rethink where you look for "critics"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post
    Bold statement. Funny how fine the line is between bold and stupid.
    https://twitter.com/ChinaBoxOffice/s...94365281292288

http://deadline.com/2016/06/warcraft...ew-1201767728/

It's not bold at all, it's the current prediction based on real sales.

I love when people talk about video game movies being terrible but dont know WHY they are always terrible (and yes there is a reason for 90% of them). The most known VG movie director is Uwe Boll, director of the bloodrayne movies and house of the dead, he acquires the rights to these films fairly cheaply, then produces a crap film for a tax break. He doesn't care about the quality of the film, all he cares about is Germany's lack of rules for the tax breaks. This has created a standard in the minds of paid critics who go into the movie with a negative outlook already, not to mention that MOST video game movies are based on games that have no stand alone plot and require multiple games to make a deep enough plot for a movie. The reviews for actual, everyday movie goers have been fairly positive, not a blockbuster but definitely positive. (And for anyone who says "oh well those are all warcraft fans", if you arent fans of warcraft why are you in this thread).

10+ Year Old Account
    It was predicted for 20M in the first weekend in the first territories and outperformed with 31.8Million. So don't give too much on the predictions of Variety.

Quote Originally Posted by VTerpsichore View Post
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bla.../?search=BLAIR

RT gave Blair Witch an 86% and that movie was one of the worst movies ever.
    Its the only movie ive ever ask for my movie back.

You should probable rethink where you look for "critics"
    RT doesn't "give" anything. The fact you don't even know how RT works speaks a great deal to the validity of your arguments.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's another hilarious certainty: If the movie had a great RT score every single one of the fanboys dismissing and slamming RT would instead be pointing to it as "proof" of how great the movie was.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We're looking at an aggregate of people who are paid to pick apart movies and claming the movie is a flop.

This is like looking at an IGN review for Legion and saying "Yep, WoW is dead."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    We're looking at an aggregate of people who are paid to pick apart movies and claming the movie is a flop.

This is like looking at an IGN review for Legion and saying "Yep, WoW is dead."
    How do you explain the many, many movies that garner mostly positive reviews?

Critics are harsher on movies than the average joe is, but it's patently false to just dismiss them as paid haters, there are tons and tons of movies every year that are highly critically acclaimed, and the vast majority of those are also well received by the public.

"If audiences react to the film the way most critics have thus far, it may also be the newest member of the “Okay, so the original made money, but the sequel won’t.” club. So, umm, good luck." Scott Mendelson, Forbes

16%

LMAO, I feel bad for the people who have been stuck spending 60 hours a week of their lives for the past 10 years playing this game as the world around them changed so much they can't reintroduce themselves into society again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolex Snob View Post
    16%

LMAO, I feel bad for the people who have been stuck spending 60 hours a week of their lives for the past 10 years playing this game as the world around them changed so much they can't reintroduce themselves into society again.
    I think you should look in the mirror as it's you who sounds like you are having problems connecting to reality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    I think you should look in the mirror as it's you who sounds like you are having problems connecting to reality.
    This exactly. Sane healthy folk don't make such statements.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's interesting to see how it's doing well in foreign markets, and also critically received much better, than in the US.