Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Spoilers] Does the AvH conflict have any place in the story going into Legion?

Before people get their panties in a twist, I'm talking about story, not PvP in the game - of course that should stick around.

But let's consider what's going on in the story. We have our world - which we now know is the 'egg' for probably the last titan and an incredibly powerful one at that, the Void Lords want it to destroy everything, the Legion want to destroy it and destroy everything to prevent the Void Lords from destroying everything (???).

We are "the last shining beacon of light in a vast darkness", and what do we do with our responsibility? Fight petty squabbles between factions that kills valuable soldiers for no reason at all.

I was SO disappointed when I watched one of the Horde broken isles intro's and saw it consisted of Forsaken fighting against Alliance forces. I mean, really? You have an innumerable immortal demon army pouring onto your world looking to eradicate all life and you get pissy whenever you see a member of a faction you were at war with years ago?

Weak storytelling honestly, if the factions cant unite at a time like this without shit like that happening then we might as well put the pen down and close the book of Warcraft, because there aint no chance at beating the legion with petty skirmishes between the planets inhabitants happening right in the middle of a demon shitstorm.

/rant over

How do you guys feel about inter-faction warfare happening at such a critical time, does this conflict have any place in the story going forward? Are they beating a horse that's been dead for years?
    Last edited by Vakna; 2016-06-07 at 05:21 PM.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

If you're fighting an army that can end the world, you can't afford to be constantly looking over your shoulder to make sure your allies of convenience don't stab you in the back, which already happened back in Northrend. Wounds don't heal just because they logically should, especially when there's so much territory still occupied by the Horde.

Hell, Sylvanas is willing to fuck over one of our allies, Odyn, so she can stave off the fate waiting for her a little longer.

We're never going to stop fighting, regardless of whatever threat is facing us. Peace is an ephemeral ideal that ends whenever someone steps out of bounds. Old wounds will never heal until the whole world is destroyed.

So the alliance and horde would rather see the entire universe come to an end because they can't stop fighting and come together for the greater good? It makes zero sense at all. You're fighting the opposite faction to do what, stay alive? What do you think the Legion or the Void Lords are going to do to you once you've exhausted yourselves fighting each other for no reason?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty terrible storytelling that this would even be an issue. There's so much more to this Legion expansion than some wasteful storyline about faction fighting
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    If you're fighting an army that can end the world, you can't afford to be constantly looking over your shoulder to make sure your allies of convenience don't stab you in the back, which already happened back in Northrend. Wounds don't heal just because they logically should, especially when there's so much territory still occupied by the Horde.

Hell, Sylvanas is willing to fuck over one of our allies, Odyn, so she can stave off the fate waiting for her a little longer.
    Oydn really isn't any more of our ally than the leader of vrykul hell is. He went full lich king when he created Val kyr
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2016-06-07 at 05:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post

Er Odyn kinda deserves it to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I was SO disappointed when I watched one of the Horde broken isles intro's and saw it consisted of Forsaken fighting against Alliance forces. I mean, really?
    The broken shore scenario leads up to this and explains why they are pissed at each other

Deleted
    I doubt people would stop fighting in real life because of an end of world event infact we'd fight alot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bormo View Post
    I doubt people would stop fighting in real life because of an end of world event infact we'd fight alot more.
    Kind of what I was thinking. I mean, look at shows like The walking dead. Endless zombies trying to kill everyone, and the few remaining survivors spend more time trying to kill each other than the zombies. I guess that's bad story telling according to some in this thread.

Not to say wow isn't full of bad writing, it is, but this ain't one of em.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Chris Metzen
    Is the Pandaren’s thoughtful mentality going to change the Horde and Alliance? Are the Horde and Alliance just going to go there, corrupt it, and then go back to what they were doing before?

I guess the way I would answer that is… Ultimately, for my part, I always come back to this one theme in Warcraft. I think the core of Warcraft’s animus is cyclic. Because you can only push racial hatred through so many products without it feeling like the same old thing, and thus end. But the pillars of the franchise are orcs and humans; it really is the Alliance and Horde by extension, and it really is those two groups beating the brains out of each other for an extended period of time. That’s always gotta be what Warcraft is about. (Source)

Genn still has unresolved issues with Sylvanas...

10+ Year Old Account
    So the alliance and horde would rather see the entire universe come to an end because they can't stop fighting and come together for the greater good? It makes zero sense at all. You're fighting the opposite faction to do what, stay alive? What do you think the Legion or the Void Lords are going to do to you once you've exhausted yourselves fighting each other for no reason?
    Baine and Anduin is ultimately the only hope for some peace someday between the Horde and Alliance, but the only problem is that Anduin's character is still being developed. We don't know what kind of leader Anduin is gonna become and we don't know what reasons blizz is going to come up with for keeping the Alliance and Horde at each others throats. I do find it strange that Greymane wants to get off his ass at the wrong time when we got the legion breathing down both factions asses.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Originally Posted by Chris Metzen
    Is the Pandaren’s thoughtful mentality going to change the Horde and Alliance? Are the Horde and Alliance just going to go there, corrupt it, and then go back to what they were doing before?

I guess the way I would answer that is… Ultimately, for my part, I always come back to this one theme in Warcraft. I think the core of Warcraft’s animus is cyclic. Because you can only push racial hatred through so many products without it feeling like the same old thing, and thus end. But the pillars of the franchise are orcs and humans; it really is the Alliance and Horde by extension, and it really is those two groups beating the brains out of each other for an extended period of time. That’s always gotta be what Warcraft is about. (Source)
    And for that quote alone.
    We consider blizzard full of shit.

We are tired of this crap
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I think it's honestly kind of dumb how much they show all out conflict between the two factions at this point. Not only dumb, but it's also gotten extremely boring and pointless.

There are ways to keep PvP conflict in place in the story without continuing Horde vs Alliance war for contrived reasons every expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Baine and Anduin is ultimately the only hope for some peace someday between the Horde and Alliance, but the only problem is that Anduin's character is still being developed. We don't know what kind of leader Anduin is gonna become and we don't know what reasons blizz is going to come up with for keeping the Alliance and Horde at each others throats. I do find it strange that Greymane wants to get off his ass at the wrong time when we got the legion breathing down both factions asses.
    He and Rogers apperantly instigate the combat in the Vrykul zone by bombing thr foraken fleet. The forsaken however manage to counter and destroy the skyfire. So I think the factions will Hate each other more now than ever.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    He and Rogers apperantly instigate the combat in the Vrykul zone by bombing thr foraken fleet. The forsaken however manage to counter and destroy the skyfire. So I think the factions will Hate each other more now than ever.
    Looks like a facepalm moment for the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Looks like a facepalm moment for the Alliance.
    Anduin did order them to attack if a opportunity presented itself. But yea
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Anduin did order them to attack if a opportunity presented itself. But yea
    I think it was more 'if necessary' but I forget the exact wording. I'll redo the quest when I get home to check.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    valuable soldiers for no reason at all.
    "nor reason at all" is some retarded things to say, there is always a reason whether you agree with it or not.

And its not like it matters. The soldiers that turn the tide of every battle/conflict are the players
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"