Page 52 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deshi View Post
    If you know another way to discover cheaters that are using the same ip let us know. This is the most fair way in this kind of competition. Your router have an public ip that is shared in the household but every computer connected to this router have a private ip. So if it done from two different computers it should be different ip but I might be wrong on though!
    Your computers connected to your router is your in you LAN (local area network) which connects to the internet via your public IP, or WAN (wide area network). MMO champ and other sites cant determine if its coming from a different computer on the same LAN via your WAN IP.
    Last edited by Kahrgan; 2016-06-07 at 02:56 PM.

I think people who pre-purchased the game up to one month after the availability of pre-order/pre-purchase should automatically be invited to the beta. It would be an incentive to pre-purchase as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by kaeg View Post
    I think people who pre-purchased the game up to one month after the availability of pre-order/pre-purchase should automatically be invited to the beta. It would be an incentive to pre-purchase as soon as possible.
    They did that sort of thing with MoP, it was a disaster.

Oh well, my brothers also applied to the giveaway :| Looks like we might all get DQed. We each did it from our own PCs but we are all on the same network. I wonder if they could differentiate us (recorded browser data maybe?) They are saying a lot of pepople are cheating but in reality it is probably people who have family that play the game. But who knows, maybe the real cheaters used duplicate images or images from google so maybe there are multiple factors that make someone classified as a cheater. I really hope they give us some more info on how they are determining who is cheating. Regardless the contest clearly said per person not per household. I hope they at least give people who are falsely accused a way of proving they have a real WoW account.

On a different note I wonder how they are handling University networks.

Not sure if I could see Blizzard doing this. There's already a good enough incentive to preordering, getting early access to demon hunters before Legion even fully launches. It also comes with a free 100 boost so a lot of people have already ordered it.

10+ Year Old Account
    And then the unfortunate group of people I belong to (Physical CE buyers) are screwed once again. I have all CE versions including fucking vanilla and still get no invite + I am forced to buy the game twice to be able to play at 00:00.

Feelsbadman

Quote Originally Posted by tempest02 View Post
    Oh well, my brothers also applied to the giveaway :| Looks like we might all get DQed. We each did it from our own PCs but we are all on the same network. I wonder if they could differentiate us (recorded browser data maybe?) They are saying a lot of pepople are cheating but in reality it is probably people who have family that play the game. But who knows, maybe the real cheaters used duplicate images or images from google so maybe there are multiple factors that make someone classified as a cheater. I really hope they give us some more info on how they are determining who is cheating. Regardless the contest clearly said per person not per household. I hope they at least give people who are falsely accused a way of proving they have a real WoW account.

On a different note I wonder how they are handling University networks.
    I would disqualify anyone who registered for the sole purpose of entering the giveaway if it was me. So you should feel lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhunter View Post
    They did not ever say one entry per family. The implication was only one entry per player or per account. So, I thought they would allow three genuine accounts owned by three different players (in the same family) to each enter. So yea, it seemed perfectly valid per the posted rules.

Not happy the way this beta has been handled - most of rest of my raid guild has beta. I do not, will probably lose my raid spot because of it because I will be so far behind the rest of them in experience with the content.
    The notion that guilds can use beta to get an advantage over the regulars is upsetting.

I know this has been the case for ages, but still. In fact, Blizzard openly allows this by blanket inviting guilds that progress well by a certain date. Granted, raid testing is time limited so as to avoid people form knowing everything about everything, but still.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I wonder if winners are chosen at random or based on their screenshot itself, I've skimmed through a bunch of the entries noticed a few of them didn't have much of context behind the pictures at all.
    I pm'd Chaud and he said it's random.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kahrgan View Post
    They did that sort of thing with MoP, it was a disaster.
    Fixed that for you.
    No beta yet, I'll keep trying.

I would love to see a short msg like last time=P But great job of removing cheaters!

Blizzard's official contest ends today. - https://blizzard-en.wishpond.com/wow-legion/

MMO-C contest ended yesterday. Keys go out "late today" according to chaud. There will not be a week three unless he's given more beta keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahrgan View Post
    Your computers connected to your router is your in you LAN (local area network) which connects to the internet via your public IP, or WAN (wide area network). MMO champ and other sites cant determine if its coming from a different computer on the same LAN via your WAN IP.
    Alright then I know thx =)

i so hope i win a key=P

Quote Originally Posted by Deshi View Post
    If you know another way to discover cheaters that are using the same ip let us know. This is the most fair way in this kind of competition. Your router have an public ip that is shared in the household but every computer connected to this router have a private ip. So if it done from two different computers it should be different ip but I might be wrong on though!
    I believe it was mentioned that there were other factors taken into account like caches. Websites have time-stamps so if you submitted 5 entries from the same IP within 15 mins, that's a huge red flag. They can also tell how many times you've returned to the site. So if you cheated and submitted 5 entries and are only returning on one account to check when the winners are posted before logging into each individual one than that's also a huge red flag.

Quote Originally Posted by blamecanada View Post
    I believe it was mentioned that there were other factors taken into account like caches. Websites have time-stamps so if you submitted 5 entries from the same IP within 15 mins, that's a huge red flag. They can also tell how many times you've returned to the site. So if you cheated and submitted 5 entries and are only returning on one account to check when the winners are posted before logging into each individual one than that's also a huge red flag.
    The tools they have are meant to catch the guy that put in the same picture or whatever from the same computer using differently created accounts that were created within a few minutes of each other, etc. As Chaud said, IP, cookies, and a few other backdoor stuff.

The tools aren't meant to catch the guy that uses floating IP addresses and/or proxy servers, etc. If someone REALLY knew what they were doing and REALLY wanted to get four or five pictures in, they probably could.

But, as Chaud already mentioned, the tools they have have already caught hundreds of "amateur" folks trying to cheat the contest.

Quote Originally Posted by blamecanada View Post
    I never thought of thoose methods! Then I guess people who share network should be safe! =)

Curse you Domino's Pizza!

Every time I get an e-mail I think it's got to be from MMO-Champ!!

You won't get an email if you won, you will have to check a status page.

I agree. A lot of game companies do this. Why not Blizzard? Giving beta access to those who pre-order seems a lot better than inviting random inactive accounts owned by players who may very well have zero interest in the game now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert View Post
    And then the unfortunate group of people I belong to (Physical CE buyers) are screwed once again. I have all CE versions including fucking vanilla and still get no invite + I am forced to buy the game twice to be able to play at 00:00.

Feelsbadman
    You aren't forced to do anything. No ones making you go out there gun point to buy a Physical CE. Unless there is? In that case I'll call the authorities.

Artwork created by Yochi
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I personally find watching game streamers to be the lowest, saddest form of loneliness.

7+ Year Old Account
    So will you provide us with a link to the status page or how will we get there cant seem to find it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegronin View Post
    So will you provide us with a link to the status page or how will we get there cant seem to find it
    Watch the front page.