Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Thus, I don't really know what your point is. Thai doesn't define white/black/etc. You just didn't ask the right question.
    You knew instinctively what thai people look like and thus said someone that's thai instead of someone that's not thai. Why? Because you don't think of the others there as thai.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So you're just gonna ignore what I linked about racism and how they struggle with it in Japan. Okay.
    Racism exists in every country.. Where are the news in that?
    Just because racism exists, does not make all people of a country racists.
    Stop that nonsensical argument..
    PLUS, we are in a thread about fucking Berlin...
    Is Berlin in Japan now? No? Then get the fuck outta Japan lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

You knew instinctively what thai people look like and thus said someone that's thai instead of someone that's not thai. Why? Because you don't think of the others there as thai.
    I said someone that's Thai because the only Thai person I know and he happens to be my favorite Thai kickboxer. I would think of other people as Thai, just like I think of my Russian dentist as Japanese if I was made aware of them.

Bottom line is, you don't need to be recognized as Japanese to be Japanese. I don't care what someone thinks. There is your opinion, and there are facts, reality, understanding, connection, etc that only the person who is involved knows.
    Last edited by Dragoncurry; 2016-06-07 at 06:23 PM.

Deleted
    I said someone that's Thai because the only Thai person I know and he happens to be my favorite Thai kickboxer. I would think of other people as Thai, just like I think of my Russian dentist as Japanese if I was made aware of them.

Bottom line is, you don't need to be recognized as Japanese to be Japanese. I don't care what someone thinks. There is your opinion, and there are facts, reality, understanding, connection, etc.

Seems to be about you. It's degenerate to claim you are something that you are not, just as she is not a cat a non-japanese person isn't japanese. Same goes for non-germans, they don't suddenly become german just because they say they are german.

I identify as an attack helicopter. I am now an attack helicopter, right? Identity politics 101.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2016-06-07 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Racism exists in every country.. Where are the news in that?
    Just because racism exists, does not make all people of a country racists.
    Stop that nonsensical argument..
    PLUS, we are in a thread about fucking Berlin...
    Is Berlin in Japan now? No? Then get the fuck outta Japan lol
    Just to pitch-in for a second on the whole Japan thing.

Japan haven't remotely learned from it's history. Well it learned in a sense that they don't want to wage war anymore, but it is as convinced of its racial superiority as it ever was. Furthermore it compulsively denies its own history of racism and violence.

Racism is endemic, at all generational levels in Japan.

It is there, not just under the surface but in legislation and social norms.

While Europeans (and European Americans) get somewhat of a free pass, they aren't per say accepted. They get a somewhat parallel but not equal treatment. I've been to Japan for a period. The racism was there. Always. Some hid it behind niceties, others were straight forward about it, some were open minded but extremely awkward about it. I'm a REALLY WHITE European, so I KNOW for a fact I got off easy compared to others.

Asian societies are furiously racist. Japan above all. It is a sad fact, but it's fact. Japan didn't learn the same lessons from its defeat as Germany has.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2016-06-07 at 06:39 PM.

Seems to be about you. It's degenerate to claim you are something that you are not, just as she is not a cat a non-japanese person isn't japanese.
    I'm at work. Is that the cat video? Again, him being a cat is his opinion. He's still biologically a human. So, no it wouldn't apply to me.

You're a human first. You're genetically linked to a certain group of humans that are still very related to other humans that live in different places. These groups of humans then developed a certain lifestyle. This lifestyle then developed into a set of ideals, that developed into a structured format known as a nation. I can never be descended from that same group of humans, but I can definitely adopt your lifestyle. All you can tell me is that I can never be "1/64th Norse, + your mix", not that "I can't be German".

I can be German if I please. It's just a lifestyle, and one that changes with the age. I would have a harder time fitting in with Nazi German lifestyle since I don't seem to have blond hair and blue eyes, but even then, Hitler managed to adopt that lifestyle quite well without meeting those requirements. I'm sure that if I was a Jew hating master scientist that developed beastly weapons, I'd fit in pretty well above 99% of Germans too.
    Last edited by Dragoncurry; 2016-06-07 at 06:33 PM.

Deleted
    These groups of humans then developed a certain lifestyle. This lifestyle then developed into a set of ideals, that developed into a structured format known as a nation.
    Okay, you've defeated yourself here. The moment you refered to nation you defeated yourself. You admit that I am right in my view by using "nation". Do you know what nation and nation state is?

I can be German if I please. It's just a lifestyle, and one that changes with the age.
    I'm an attack helicopter.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2016-06-07 at 06:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

I identify as an attack helicopter. I am now an attack helicopter, right? Identity politics 101.
    Fallacy much?

Let me show you your own nonsense, then I am done.
    As per your own words, you are the child of Finnish parents, and you live in Sweden with Swedish citizenship all your life. But you are not Swedish..
    Fine. What else are you then?
    Because I am pretty sure, as per your own logic the Finns will reject you too.
    You don't live there, you aren't part of their daily life. You aren't Finnish then either.
    So, what are you?
    Or maybe it boils down to your label obsession is just that.. an obsession?

That also depends in the definition of "German". For me if you have the citizenship of Germany you are German. I have not quite understood your definition of German/Finnish/Swedish/Japanese. Those social constructs are hard to define because they are usually quite vague and everyone seems to have another definition. There are Bavarians who would identify themselves as German and then there are those who only identify themselves as Bavarian.

Deleted
    Fallacy much?
    That's not a fallacy.
    Let me show you your own nonsense, then I am done.
    As per your own words, you are the child of Finnish parents, and you live in Sweden with Swedish citizenship all your life. But you are not Swedish..
    Fine. What else are you then?
    Because I am pretty sure, as per your own logic the Finns will reject you too.
    You don't live there, you aren't part of their daily life. You aren't Finnish then either.
    So, what are you?
    Or maybe it boils down to your label obsession is just that.. an obsession?
    You're confusing yourself here. The finns wouldn't not call me finnish. I haven't met any finn when in finland that wouldn't through the years. They say that I'm a finn living in Sweden, just as Swedes think of me as a finn in Sweden. The state here doesn't even consider me swedish by putting me in the national minority group that are finns living in Sweden. If they'd consider finns swedish, finns would lose some advantages that we have in the law by being a national minority group.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2016-06-07 at 06:38 PM.

Okay, you've defeated yourself here. The moment you refered to nation you defeated yourself. You admit that I am right in my view by using "nation". Do you know what nation and nation state is?

I'm an attack helicopter.
    There's no such thing as defeating myself lol. It doesn't matter what you view as nation. It's not a definition that's set in stone. Just one that you defined yourself.

And no, you're not an attack Helicopter. I said being German is a dynamic lifestyle that anyone can adopt. You're also not good at reading.
    Last edited by Dragoncurry; 2016-06-07 at 06:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not a fallacy.

You're confusing yourself here. The finns wouldn't not call me finnish. I haven't met any finn when in finland that wouldn't through the years. They say that I'm a finn living in Sweden, just as Swedes think of me as a finn in Sweden. The state here doesn't even consider me swedish by putting me in the national minority group that are finns living in Sweden. If they'd consider finns swedish, finns would lose some advantages that we have in the law.
    Finns that follow YOUR logic will reject you, I said.
    Of course THE Finns don't reject you in their overwhelming majority. Because it's actually normal.
    Your stance however is not normal.
    Now keep flapping away little heli lol

I might address you that way more frequently now. It's funny.

So turks are now non whites?

Deleted
    Finns that follow YOUR logic will reject you, I said.
    Of course THE Finns don't reject you in their overwhelming majority. Because it's actually normal.
    Your stance however is not normal.
    Finns that follow my logic would consider me finnish. Just as they do now. It feels like you don't understand what I've been saying if you think they would reject me based on my logic.

- - - Updated - - -

There's no such thing as defeating myself lol. It doesn't matter what you view as nation. It's not a definition that's set in stone. Just one that you defined yourself.
    ...? It's not a definition I made myself.

Here's nation state:nation-state
    [ney-shuh n-steyt]
    Spell Syllables
    Examples Word Origin
    noun
    a sovereign state inhabited by a relatively homogeneous group of people who share a feeling of common nationality.

Nation:

Nation (from Latin: natio, "people, tribe, kin, genus, class, flock") is a social concept with no uncontroversial definition,[1] but that is most commonly used to designate larger groups or collectives of people with common characteristics attributed to them—including language, traditions, customs (mores), habits (habitus), and ethnicity. A nation, by comparison, is more impersonal, abstract, and overtly political than an ethnic group. It is a cultural-political community that has become conscious of its autonomy, unity, and particular interests.[2]
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2016-06-07 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Watain View Post
    So its offical, my german family from Berlin are coming to live with us in Croatia. They will probably stay with me, since my parents are leaving for a summer holiday. The reason? lol and behold, the immigrants have litteraly turned their lifes into hell. Their brand new VW got rekt and they have already been robed and assaulted couple of times. They say that they litteraly fear going through the streets at night. The police is of no use there, they say that they felt safer crossing the west/east Berlin border in the 80s (my uncle worked in the Berlin sewers, so he opereted in both west and east Germany).

So I ask all of you- is it worth it? Does my family have to be "refugees" from their own country, just b/c the state and the police refuse to take control?
    Croatia is pretty much a 3rd world country now, but they choose safety over welth due to Merkels policy...

inb4 ban
    I'm pretty sure you are lying piece of crap. And, by the way, Croatia is in the EU.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it's genetics. Unless your line comes from a longer time in the country or mixing with people in the country, you can't really be said to be of that countries people and you would be resembling them too, due to the long time of mixing. If you're a recent born in the country to immigrants, no fucking way you're part of the people. If you're recent born to an immigrant and a native, then you're half.
    And you sir are racist, plain and simple.

...? It's not a definition I made myself.
    It doesn't matter who made it. It's not math, science, physics, some natural law, divine law if you believe in it, etc. It's just a man-made idea. Thus, it doesn't matter if 500, 50,000, or 5,000,000,000 people agree with you. You can't state any definition like that as a fact.

Besides, goes back to my point. Recognition by a consensus have nothing to do with an actual fact of you adopting a lifestyle. If you've adopted a lifestyle, you've adopted it. Back to that video about the cat kid. He isn't a cat, but if he adopted a cat's lifestyle, he fucking adopted it. I mean are you gonna argue with the fact that he shits in a litter box if he actually shits in a litter box? No.

German =/= your particular mix. There is no such thing as a pure German mix. That much should be obvious. Anyone can be German if they adopt German policy, and can adapt to current German culture.
    Last edited by Dragoncurry; 2016-06-07 at 06:51 PM.

Deleted
    It doesn't matter who made it. It's not math, science, physics, some natural law, divine law if you believe in it, etc. It's just a man-made idea. Thus, it doesn't matter if 500 or 50,000 people agree with you.
    We shouldn't fight poverty, currency is just a man-made idea. If we just ignore the poverty it will go away because currency is a man-made idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    And you sir are racist, plain and simple.
    Nope, you have no clue what racist means if you call me a racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    We shouldn't fight poverty, currency is just a man-made idea. If we just ignore the poverty it will go away because currency is a man-made idea.
    First you engage in fallacies, now it's the straw man argument.
    Why don't you take your ball and go home instead?
    I mean, the thread was already enough derailed by you.

And see... told you, you don't have to wonder to be called out a racist by people.
    When things happen repeatedly, maybe it's you not them?
    Not saying you are a racist, but you certainly need to work on your choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Sure. And as I said before I'm not implying that all of Europe is burning down. What is worrisome to me is that damn near none of it gets reported.

Hell over here the second a police officer sneezes on a kitten it gets reported. Lol.
    Things that are relevant are reported. There just isn't much actually happening in Europe. And unlike the US, we don't report on every bullshit story in desperation for ratings. The fact that CNN and Fox are allowed to pollute your news media landscape is a real curse for you guys. To recap, everything gets reported. That there aren't many reports is more due to not much happening and that's really all there is to it.

Don't listen to the right wing propaganda, their main mission is fearmongering, fearmongering, fearmongering. They actually aren't ashamed to rehash footage of protests from as far back as 2008 and present it as current refugee protests or some other bullshit. Spend a minute per video to research where they got the footage from and you'll be enlightened about the amount of propaganda that is flying around.

Goebbels 101: Think up a lie, make it as outrageous as you want it to be. Repeat it. Over, and over, and over again. As much as you can, blast it over all channels, flood the entire information system with it. Eventually, people will believe. It doesn't matter how truthful the lie is, it matters how often people are bombarded with it. And that is happening right now.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

What? I'm trying to relate this back to the topic and not understanding your point. This also seems completely out of left field. Poverty has nothing to do with currency.