Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Well, let's be real here. The white South Africans don't really deserve to be there. The reason that most persons of European descent own land in South Africa is directly traceable to colonialism. The control of so much formerly black-dominated land by a white minority in Africa is on some level morally illegitimate.

Now, they can learn lessons from Mugabe's mistakes. Actually pay fair market price for the land and ensure that the black persons buying such land are capable of efficiently farming it.

My bottom line: South Africa was invaded by the Boers and the British. Legacies of their immoral colonialism and racism should be addressed.
    Are you retarded? The Bantu people of South Africa that were forced out by "evil colonialists" were butchers who invaded and took the land from a different tribe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    When are you going to give your land back to the natives?
    This is so incredibly stupid...

Are you aware of the timelines here?
    IF the US is to give the land back to the natives, for the same reason your country is then accountable too, and better chips in with some reparation payments.
    The USA is a construct that spawned from the preexisting colonial forces. The territory called the US was invaded/conquered/explored whatever you wanna call it for a few hundred years already, until settlers, of which some lived there already for 200 yrs or more, formed the USA.
    The genocide of the natives and the land grab that got along with it, is on an array of European nations, not on the US Americans alone.
    In fact, by the time the US came to be, there were barely any indigenous people left anymore.
    So, if you ask the US when they give the land back, the second question is, when do you open your wallet and pay?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    What can you do to fix the damage caused by colonialism? People will always think that live would've been so much better without colonialism.

I'm far from a racist and a bigot, I love all walks of life but colonialism brought a lot of good to the people too, Not excluding the horrible things it did too, but once they left, you had railroads, indoor plumbing and tons of modern (for the time) technologies and such that were left to rot away and they didn't care for the things that were left. I don't know, just a thought.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    So you saying without western influence they won't still be living in tribes in rural area? South Africa would be the way it is (or better) without western influence?

I am not sure who is cuter.
    Yes they would, onsidering we imposed our civilization there. If you come and visit bolivia you'll find a lot of towns that still reject western civilization and don't want it affecting their lifestyle.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I'm far from a racist and a bigot, I love all walks of life but colonialism brought a lot of good to the people too, Not excluding the horrible things it did too, but once they left, you had railroads, indoor plumbing and tons of modern (for the time) technologies and such that were left to rot away and they didn't care for the things that were left. I don't know, just a thought.
    Watch out, they`ll call you a racist or Imperialist - nevermind that people who are actually colonizing Africa right now are raising the same points.

Source.

Well, let's be real here. The white South Africans don't really deserve to be there. The reason that most persons of European descent own land in South Africa is directly traceable to colonialism. The control of so much formerly black-dominated land by a white minority in Africa is on some level morally illegitimate.

Now, they can learn lessons from Mugabe's mistakes. Actually pay fair market price for the land and ensure that the black persons buying such land are capable of efficiently farming it.

My bottom line: South Africa was invaded by the Boers and the British. Legacies of their immoral colonialism and racism should be addressed.
    i dont get why people think silly things like this. to the victor goes the spoils. i guess you also believe USA should not exist cause they killed the natives to have it. sorry that is not how the real world works. people need to grow up and face facts. borders are drawn by your ability or inability to defend/conquer land.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    So, if you ask the US when they give the land back, the second question is, when do you open your wallet and pay?
    The second question is, who do we pay? The USA is an offshoot of Britain, so to equate it with South Africa, the people demanding reparations would not be the Red Indians, it would be the Spanish, French and Dutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Once again you are ignoring that the people the Boers/British took the land from had taken that land from others themselves, the people demanding it back are themselves the descendents of colonists.

Why are you advocating giving land to colonists based on their skin colour?
    And the people who occupy a lot of the land now were sold it by the crown. Where does the grievance lie? I am just thinking about how this has been handled in NZ, not that I particularly agree with that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    And this is how South Africa set itself on the path of becoming Zimbabwe 2.0
    In a fit of irony SA is full of Zim's finest, the educated ones went there to the tune of something like 4-5 million people, perhaps only to see the same shit erupt again. SA Blacks in addition to being overt racists(though not enough for some it may seem), can also be extremely xenophobic which is kind of a thing right now down there.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    New Zealand, hope they take me.
    Kinda of sad to hear you are giving up. At least if you get into NZ you will not have to leave the biltong behind, we seem to have new SA butchers popping up everywhere. Just as well because in spite of having access to the best meat perhaps in the world New Zealanders cannot make a sausage to save their lives.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we missing somehting here? Is the SA government really forcing whites off their land? Seems like a racist human right violation too me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit should we make a law where we give all our land back to the Native Americans here?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Shit should we make a law where we give all our land back to the Native Americans here?
    So what about people who have a native american in their relatively close ancestry ? My great grand mother was a native so does that mean I will be getting some of that sweet sweet land ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zcion999 View Post
    So what about people who have a native american in their relatively close ancestry ? My great grand mother was a native so does that mean I will be getting some of that sweet sweet land ?
    I`ve done a fair amount of watching videos on YT of people getting their DNA checked for ancestry and a tremendous amount of white Americans - who easily pass as ''the whitest of them all'' - have traces of Native American DNA in them.

Which is why I also love to troll these black-nationalists like Black Hitler and His Wife with videos of blacks getting their DNA checked and finding +10% of European - white - ancestry.

I`ll get one soon as well, just to find out how ''white'' I am. It truly renders all the black/white/[insert race here] and ''cultural appropiriation'' arguments meaningless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Are we missing somehting here? Is the SA government really forcing whites off their land? Seems like a racist human right violation too me.
    No, not happening, at least not currently. Whether it will or won't remains to be seen, I maintain faith (or perhaps just hope) in my country, though not my government mind you.

Though in fairness even though I'm a white guy, I don't own any land, sooo no one is gonna be taking it away from me either way..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Kinda of sad to hear you are giving up. At least if you get into NZ you will not have to leave the biltong behind, we seem to have new SA butchers popping up everywhere. Just as well because in spite of having access to the best meat perhaps in the world New Zealanders cannot make a sausage to save their lives.
    I'm not giving up. I'm just not fighting a losing battle any more. Africa is not a place for Europeans. They want Black Affirmative action. There is no discussion on what us Whites must do. We must just give way to black employees and only hire blacks as a priority. I can't tender for Government jobs unless I give 51% of my business away to black share-holders. I am just lucky I have a niche set of skills. My customer base, however, is aging. Friends and contacts I made 20 years ago are retiring. No new business is forthcoming.

You wouldn't believe the violence myself and my family members have been exposed too. Forget my violent history where I've been involved in at least three shooting incidents / attempted robberies.

Let's talk about my girlfriend - just her events - Just in the last three years, my girlfriend's mom (72) was strangled and left for dead on a Saturday morning while the attackers casually raided her fridge and ate food in her kitchen. Six months prior to that, they broke into her mom's childhood friend's house, a lady of 74 and tied her up with electrical cords, took turns raping her and then bashed her head in with a lamp post. A guy was stabbed to death outside her brother's house as he slept in the cul-de-sac in his truck. Both brothers had attempted robberies in the last six months. One brother was hit twice (two weeks ago, the most recent). My g/f's sister in-law was tied up less than a year ago and choked with a cord, then ribs crushed and then the guy ransacked her house. Last week, in a botched home invasion, a friend of my g/f was shot dead, husband wounded in a robbery.

My brother is in Dubai after being in security detail in Iraq for 8 years. He still maintains that the war zone in Iraq was safer than being a cop in South Africa.

Every night, I now have a lock-down. I spent almost a quarter of a million on security upgrades after the shooting in May last year.

This is not a life. What happens when I get older and my reflexes fail and I can't defend myself?

And, yes... we live in "good" areas of Port Elizabeth, South Africa.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-06-07 at 07:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    This is so incredibly stupid...

Are you aware of the timelines here?
    IF the US is to give the land back to the natives, for the same reason your country is then accountable too, and better chips in with some reparation payments.
    The USA is a construct that spawned from the preexisting colonial forces. The territory called the US was invaded/conquered/explored whatever you wanna call it for a few hundred years already, until settlers, of which some lived there already for 200 yrs or more, formed the USA.
    The genocide of the natives and the land grab that got along with it, is on an array of European nations, not on the US Americans alone.
    In fact, by the time the US came to be, there were barely any indigenous people left anymore.
    When the Italians, the Danes, and the French pay up for the Roman, the Saxon and the Norman invasions of the British Isles.

Is there a set date to when people start getting on with there lives and stop bitching about what people did to there ancestors? Or do we still have time to put in our claims?

But to go back to your point of Americans having some sort of immunity based on the US not being formed for quite awhile after the intial colonisation, the Republic of South Africa didn't start governing themselves until 1931 so if there is some sort of basis for not being held responsible for the actions of your ancestors, that is entirely centred around when a country was actually formed, or granted independence or what have you, then the South Africans have got you beat by quite a fair margin.
    Last edited by mmoc8116b97f51; 2016-06-07 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    When the Italians, the Danes, and the French pay up for the Roman, the Saxon and the Norman invasions of the British Isles.

Is there a set date to when people start getting on with there lives and stop bitching about what people did to there ancestors? Or do we still have time to put in our claims?
    YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!! ONLY BLACKS ARE OWED REPARATIONS!!!! No logic! Only feelz!

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not giving up. [SNIPPED].
    Holy fuck, sounds like one of those stories you read on bestg-.com about Venezuela or Brazilian shithole neighbourhoods.

Leave it and stay safe.

Deleted
    I'm not giving up. I'm just not fighting a losing battle any more. Africa is not a place for Europeans.
    There's still hope left for Orania, as long as the EFF doesn't fuck it up.

Else - Come home, white man.

Deleted
    So naive. This "plan" is motivated by revenge in the name of social justice. This will be an unmitigated disaster and then, like Zimbabwe, black farmers will be begging white farmers for help.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-06-07 at 07:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    Sure, let's start with that.

Next, USA is back in Natives hands, all the others should take the firsr ship to another continent.
    We will also force all Turks away from Turkey and back to Turkmenistan.
    Everybody with roman lineage will be kicked out of spain and Britain.
    The French should be forced to relocate in Germany,

And while we're there, nobody with blonde hair should be allowed to stay in Europe, since they were invaders from the eastern steppes.

- - - Updated - - -

What about they actually pay for that instead?
    The negative effects of apartheid cannot be denied. You can't expect people to actually get wealthy when they don't have shit. An american wouldn't understand this. You are known to not give a shit about your own people. But if they want a healthy society, they should help get the black population on their feet. Doesn't mean that taking their land is a good idea tho x).