Poll: Bernie Supporters, who will you vote for?

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Dude, Sanders supporters would have to be completely ignorant to consider Gary Johnson. They would be much better served wasting their vote on Jill Stein, if they really want to waste their vote.
    A vote for trump or hillary is a wasted vote

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    You keep telling yourself that while the vote you throw away accomplishes nothing. Less than nothing even since you had to expend energy and waste time to cast it.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    You keep telling yourself that while the vote you throw away accomplishes nothing. Less than nothing even since you had to expend energy and waste time to cast it.
    You see if more people woke up and not voted for either of these idiots, the world would be a better place. It's not a wasted vote

There's no reasoning with people such as yourself. Stay glued to your CNN/FOX.

15+ Year Old Account
    Third party or no vote.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sure it is. Have fun in fantasy world.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no reasoning with people such as yourself. Stay glued to your CNN/FOX.
    A well reasoned argument, thanks for making my point for me.

You literally can't even conceive an explanation as to why your vote isn't wasted...

10+ Year Old Account
    You keep telling yourself that while the vote you baaa meeee baaaa accomplishes nothing. Less than nothing even since you had to expend energy and waste time to cast it.
    Keep telling everyone else that and be the dumb sheep that you are. Imagine if everyone actually voted for their favorite candidate instead of just R or D.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Not that I'm aware of.... care to elaborate?
    They're both protectionists as far as I've been able to tell. Trump is much more aggressive in his solutions, obviously, but they're both against free trade, at least rhetorically.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    You see if more people woke up and not voted for either of these idiots, the world would be a better place. It's not a wasted vote
    What if more people just voted? What did we get in 2012? About 60% of the voting age public bothered to vote? Also, ballot access is a huge ordeal. Getting a third party will take a generational effort to accomplish, and our system is not really made for a multiparty system. If a third party was large enough and say three parties did about equally well electorally, then the House or Reps gets to chose who our president is. Not ideal.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Imagine if everyone actually voted for their favorite candidate instead of just R or D.
    Then the house would be picking the president and the senate the VP.

10+ Year Old Account
    You literally can't even conceive an explanation as to why your vote isn't wasted...
    You can do whatever the hell you want with your vote. So long as I vote for the person I want to, it's not wasted.
    indignantgoat.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep telling everyone else that and be the dumb sheep that you are. Imagine if everyone actually voted for their favorite candidate instead of just R or D.
    Please friend, explain what Gary Johnson or Jill Stein would do if elected?

Assume 100% of the people vote for one of them, they easily win and become president...

Then what? Oh yeah... Quite literally absolutely fucking nothing. They cannot do a single thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Then the house would be picking the president and the senate the VP.
    So if 70% of the popular vote went to a Bernie "write in" or Gary Johnson the house would still pick R/D? I am confused on what you are saying.

Please friend, explain what Gary Johnson or Jill Stein would do if elected?

Assume 100% of the people vote for one of them, they easily win and become president...

Then what? Oh yeah... Quite literally absolutely fucking nothing. They cannot do a single thing.
    Didn't know you could read the future. Another stupid statement made by a sheepish individual.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2016-06-07 at 08:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if 70% of the popular vote went to a Bernie wright in or gary johnson the house would still pick R/D? I am confused on what you are saying.
    In what universe would Bernie or Gary Johnson get 70% of the popular vote?!?

The 12th amendment requires that the president get a majority of electoral college votes. That doesn't necessarily translate well to popular vote, but in theory if we lived in a system where everyone votes who they wanted to, you'd likely not see any candidate get a majority of electoral college votes. That's way, way, WAY more likely than someone getting 70% of the electoral college votes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't know you could read the future. Another stupid statement made by a sheepish individual.
    Another profound argument... You people seem to think "just call them a sheep" wins your argument... Its rather sad.

Yeah and wasting your vote writing Bernie in is about 50% as bad as voting for Trump... Yet there you sit.
    And I won't feel one bit of shame for doing it either. If I spend my time to go vote for someone it's going to be someone I want to vote for. Not a lesser of two evils who I couldn't give a flying fuck about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, as I did when I foolishly voted for Nader in 2000. The greatest political mistake of my life - because I was sure that I would teach "them" a lesson, and we all know how that turned out.
    It should have, but instead it was used to double down on the 'don't vote third party' rhetoric. D and R were too afraid of another Nader building on the support 4 years later, so they united in talking them down. There are few things D and R will unite on, stoping the progress people like Perott or Nader had for third parties, is definitely one of those things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Third party or no vote.
    Third party... Not voting shouldn't be an option...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    What if more people just voted?
    "More" doesn't help. We need more people to be generally engaged and educated- just showing up to vote is by no means a guaranteed fix.

Also, ballot access is a huge ordeal. Getting a third party will take a generational effort to accomplish
    It's really not. The LP has ballot access in all 50 states. It takes money and time.

If a third party was large enough and say three parties did about equally well electorally, then the House or Reps gets to chose who our president is. Not ideal.
    All we need to do to solve the multi-party problem is to implement instant-runoff ranked voting. Put it in in the primaries, and then the general, and you almost instantly open up the political process and create a more just democratic process.

First-past-the-post voting is the biggest electoral problem for both third parties, and the country at large.
    indignantgoat.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Then why are you even talking as a Bernie supporter? The above means I am right and your voting for Trump has nothing to do with Bernie.
    Where have I ever said anything about me voting for trump? First off I'm Canadian, second of all one of the posts of mine you quoted very clearly says I would write in Bernie if I could vote. No need to get so upset, just be calm and read the posts you are replying to.