Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think Batman speaks for the majority of how people feel

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes! At fucking last!!

Deleted
    Fuck that loser

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    > Worked on diablo 3, diablo 3 ruined
    > Left D3, D3 became a better game
    > Worked for titan, titan canceled
    > Worked on WoD, worst expansion to date

Yeah, good fucking bye jay, and never return
    Simple explanations from simple minds.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Just one thing puzzles me - how did that guy last 10 years in the gaming industry?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Simple explanations from simple minds.
    Oh come on... We all know that decisions are not made from one all powerful person and are team based, we've all exaggerated about stuff, but seriously this guy is a disaster, if you've never worked in a team with a clear hierarchy you wouldn't understand how someone can tip the scales in a desired direction without even stating it clearly. Politics and egos in IT companies are very much real and an everyday thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jayeffkay View Post
    If writing was his initial passion; why was the Diablo 3 story so bland and predictable? Regardless I wish him the best.
    This might shed some light.
    Quote Originally Posted by charan25 View Post
    I think Batman speaks for the majority of how people feel
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87Ba9yb83JY
    lol

He needs some ketchup....

for all these harshbrowns you guys keep serving him.

Deleted
    Legion will be a bigger fail than WoD was because of RNG. Look what it did with Diablo, people have almost 0 control on loot and after one month people just give up the endless farms.

Deleted
    Can he plz take Kalgan with him ?

Top list of people that did most dmg to wow !!

Jay Fuck that Loser Wilson should have been fired a long time ago. Maybe they got fed up when WoD tanked.

Jason works on Diablo 3, the game sux badly until they change the director. Jason goes to Titan, they cancel the project after years of hard work. Jason moves to WoW, Draenor is by far the worst expansion yet, with no content at all. See where I'm goin? Bye bye Mr Wilson, you won't be missed. At least while writing you won't be destroying epic titles.

And while a lot of people agree to hate on Jay, allow me to remind you all that Diablo 3 is now an amazing SUCCESS!

Yes, others made crucial changes to how D3 could be played - but the actual gameplay is still very much the work of Jay Wilson. And D3 is on the way to be more succesful than D2. For me, there is no comparison: D3 blows D2 out of the water, when comparing the combat system and gameplay in general.

And while a lot of people agree to hate on Jay, allow me to remind you all that Diablo 3 is now an amazing SUCCESS!
    From what I heard that was because they moved him to WoW before the reaper of souls (or what ever it's called).

Weather they were wrong or right, I do not know

10+ Year Old Account
    I funny part i like about people trashing Jay is the part where they dont know that he rebuilt daiblo 3 from the ground up. When he joined the project and took over as lead the game was 65% finsihed. But he thoght it was shit so they restatred from the start rebuilding everything new. Now my point is the base Diablo 3 that we got right now is thanks to him. Without him we would have gotten a shitty torchlight verson of D3. Enjoy the facts and let it sink in.

Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    I will never hate another Blizzard employee as hard as I hate Sparkle Dragon. Until I can place his Sparkly Corpse on an Unnecessarily Large Spike outside my garrison 3.0 while whirl-winding and/or fantasizing about playing a functional tank class, I will not be satisfied.

I'm sure Jay was just as terrible as you all say. And I agree the only good Diablo feature in WoW will be "mythic+" dungeon scaling. Otherwise, it's all aids/10 to an mmo.
    Wow, you must have extensive time spent and experience with the Beta in its current form. Oh wait, you haven't? Imagine that!

GTFO and stop talking about shit you know nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    That completely depends on the design of the rewards, how unique they are and how difficult they (rare) they are to obtain.
    Tabards, mounts, transmog (cosmetic items), weapon glows, "wings", titles and so on. Make things spectacular and people will want to get them, likely not everyone but that's fine. Some have no interest in raids, some have no interest in pvp, some have no interest in pet battles...
    You don't aim to please everyone, you aim to give different groups of players things to do.
    All those things already exist a plenty. The pre-high speed raid grind is short enough to be comparable with the level grind. Would you just prefer they make level cap 120 vs 110 with embedded earning of max power artifact? You are right that it is just arbitrary time gating. However, it has been a quintessential part of RPGs forever--gain power based on time played with efficient play styles (sometimes) speeding up the process. Clearly the design works well for sales/profit, or it would have been abandoned long ago. I get that its not your favorite... Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Artifact power is bad simply because of class balance, in order to play a balanced spec for raid starts you need to grind the artifact weapon 90% complete, better with 100%. Then you'll have the same thing again for your offspec to be even worth using.
    Before Legion we didn't have to grind extra to get talents, we got them while leveling. Instead of 110 being the level cap in Legion it's going to be 110+50hrs.
    It's a bad idea to have power locked behind time walls, it forces people to get them done asap which:
    a) causes people to flood areas and density issues pop up. people get mad and quit.
    b) once people are done with it in a month or two they become bored and quit.
    c) people get burned out with everything they have to do, people quit.

What they shouldhave done:
    a) Make world drops cosmetic items with no power gains. With this people won't be rushed into doing it, people won't quit.
    b) Since there's no rush to do all the grind asap people will have things for longer, not quitting.
    c) People won't get burnt out, people are happy.

It's not even funny how easily it is to make these changes and there's no downsides...
    First up, I don't think you know what the word balance means. Specs are plenty balanced once numbers tuning is done. Artifact power is icing on the cake that makes you progressively more powerful, I.E. improving your character over time, which is exactly the point of MMORPGs. Gives you something to work towards for character progression.

It doesn't force anybody to do anything. It only causes people who want everything right the moment instead of having to earn it over time to burn themselves out, which those people really don't get the idea of an MMO in the first place. Why do you think Vanilla/TBC/Wrath were so successful? Nothing was just given to you immediately.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    Legion will be a bigger fail than WoD was because of RNG. Look what it did with Diablo, people have almost 0 control on loot and after one month people just give up the endless farms.
    Please remind me where all this RNG is, and why it is so detrimental, with details. Since you obviously have more time spent on beta than everyone else in beta.

- - - Updated - - -

Willing to bet a paycheck most, if not all of these people blaming Jay alone for the bumps in the road with their games are the same people who blame the President for everything they don't like about the government. Or their parents for everything they don't like about themselves.

I think he is referring to the Legendary drops.

Happy trails, asshole

In all fairness Diablo 3 at release was his asshole fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.