Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    SO...http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...yKw?li=BBnb7Kz

man if he actually did that, the amount of facepalms I have will be too damn high.
    That "source" they referenced was put out basically when it came out he was shot. Considering he said he was too drunk to remember anything, I would not put it past him though. No matter what happened, he needs to stay away from Texas. Seems like something happens with him every offseason there.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/06...d-report-says/

"Citing the police report, Lopez said a bullet entered through the rear of Talib’s right thigh and exited out his right calf." Not even sure how that is possible without hitting anything.
    Last edited by Grube; 2016-06-06 at 09:45 PM.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    So, we got another Plaxico situation maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    So, we got another Plaxico situation maybe?
    Possibly. If he did shoot a firearm while drunk it is a minimum 1 year in prison in Texas if they pursue it. Then again, it is Texas so who knows.
    Last edited by Grube; 2016-06-06 at 11:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    SO...http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...yKw?li=BBnb7Kz

man if he actually did that, the amount of facepalms I have will be too damn high.
    Well, this is an interesting way of getting out of OTAs.

Marshawn comes out strong with his retirement statement:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...otball-anymore

Says he is 100% done. He looked pretty pissed that the reporter asked him like 3-4 times, rofl.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's Lynch though. He's be pissed if anyone asked him anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Safety Roman Harper back to the Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Well, this is an interesting way of getting out of OTAs.
    Or to get out of going to the White House. Depending on how it happened, he could end up missing more than just OTAs. The Dallas police report says he was a victim of "aggravated assault" though, so anyone's guess of how much time he will miss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stedman Bailey (Rams dude that got shot in the head) was waived today, and apparently will join the Rams in a non-football capacity if he clears waivers.

Source: https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/sta...95265693765634

Denver's QBs are no longer rotating in with the first team like previously. Sanchez with the 1's, Siemian with the 2's and Lynch with the 3's is what they are running with for now, which was probably the expected order to start. Kicker returner might be the only real interesting position battle (might factor a lot into the bubble WRs) unless one of the undrafted guys impress with how deep a lot of positions are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Safety Roman Harper back to the Saints.
    longshot to make the team as a 4th safety

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    longshot to make the team as a 4th safety
    I also read he's likely to join Saints in non-playing capacity. Might be interesting to keep an eye on what he does this season.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gronk mad about Patriots putting opition on his contract.

Can't blame people for giving Gronk a low base salary. He gets hurt every season. Heck, all these great catching TEs do (Hi Eifert).

Low base high incentive is the way to go with these guys. I'm sure some sap team will pay him an absurdly high base that he won't have to earn, Eifert as well.

Stop getting hurt then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Yeah, but we've recovered from our crazy old man owner at last.

Dallas still needs to wait for Jerry to shuffle off the mortal coil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Gronk mad about Patriots putting opition on his contract.

Can't blame people for giving Gronk a low base salary. He gets hurt every season. Heck, all these great catching TEs do (Hi Eifert).

Low base high incentive is the way to go with these guys. I'm sure some sap team will pay him an absurdly high base that he won't have to earn, Eifert as well.

Stop getting hurt then.
    What? Not sure what kind of trash gossip magazine you read, but Gronk is the furthest thing from mad. He is in fact getting the most money out of all the TE's in the next 3 years. He has no issue with his contract at all. Patriots also fully guaranteed his contract last year before the season even started.

So, yeah, I call bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh dear. In real contract bullshit, Broncos retracted their offer to Von Miller. This might get messy. Dude gave them a Superbowl and now they're breaking up contract talks a month before deals have to be final. Not cool.

Oh dear. In real contract bullshit, Broncos retracted their offer to Von Miller. This might get messy. Dude gave them a Superbowl and now they're breaking up contract talks a month before deals have to be final. Not cool.
    Only person that has reported that is Mike Klis, and he has changed the wording multiple times and even removed the article once. Went from broke off, to slowed, to deleting the article, no idea what is says now. So take that as you will, but he is usually really reliable.

- - - Updated - - -

Their offer is being reported as 6 year, 115 mill with 40 mill guaranteed in the first 2 years. I would take Barret and Ray at OLB and keep BMarsh and Sanders over anything more than that personally. Considering every other franchised player contract under Elway has blown up in his face, can't really blame him to just let him walk after 2 franchised years unless he sits out this year.
    Last edited by Grube; 2016-06-08 at 07:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Only person that has reported that is Mike Klis, and he has changed the wording multiple times and even removed the article once. Went from broke off, to slowed, to deleting the article, no idea what is says now. So take that as you will, but he is usually really reliable.

- - - Updated - - -

Their offer is being reported as 6 year, 115 mill with 40 mill guaranteed in the first 2 years. I would take Barret and Ray at OLB and keep BMarsh and Sanders over anything more than that personally. Considering every other franchised player contract under Elway has blown up in his face, can't really blame him to just let him walk after 2 franchised years unless he sits out this year.
    That's a surefire way to get conflicts in your locker room though. Basically telling your players "I'll only pay you if you come cheap, otherwise I'm going to short change you and hope you just swallow it.".

There's some rumours that the Elway front office thinks it can get away with brutal negotiations and cut throat deals cause of external factors like club success and the name they have built up as a quality franchise. That's all fine and dandy, but eventually that kind of attitude will back fire on you cause players feel disrespected.

It is perfectly normal for guys to wait until right before the deadline to sign anything, happens every year and this is basically the same as DT last year. The offer is also the highest paid non QB in NFL history, so not sure what else he would expect, especially when he has had issues before and is a failed drug test away from a year suspension.

Elway plays hardball, the agents and players all know this. The guys that made it known they were going purely for big contracts (Jackson, Julius Thomas) were never even offered a contract, where guys that did not even want to test the market (CHJ, Wolfe) were signed mid season. The players are not dumb (well Okung and Talib not included) and know how it works. A LOT of this is just media being the media, and being the most recent Super Bowl winners just brings more attention to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a surefire way to get conflicts in your locker room though. Basically telling your players "I'll only pay you if you come cheap, otherwise I'm going to short change you and hope you just swallow it.".
    Its what the Patriots do, and topping the Suh contract is not my definition of "cheap".

Seeing a variety of spin on this, but the closest to the truth seems to be the Broncos' spin that the offer was rejected and is still on the table as they try and hammer out the details.

Manny Ramirez is retiring, forgot he was even still playing. Kind of weird the last guy still playing from that 2007 Lions draft class is Drew Stanton...