Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

2016 Pres. Primary Final Super Tuesday

June 7th is almost here, and it will be the last super tuesday of this year for the presidential primaries.

Donald Trump has locked up his parties nomination with non-pledged delegates, ones who like in PA can vote for whoever they want.

He has already been declared the Republican Nominee, tomorrow will just keep pushing that forward.

On the Dem side Hillary Clinton will lock up the Democratic Nomination, making history as the first female to be a nominee of a major political party.

Bernie sanders vows to fight on to the convention, but it will yet to be seen if he actually does after tomorrow or the next coming days, or if he see's that overturning the will of the people through superdelegates is not a viable strategy.

This thread is to discuss the polls and the results, along with anything else related to the primaries.

California is looking to be close, Sanders believes if he wins it even by 1 vote that he has more reason to go onto the convention, despite the overwhelming math that if he wins by 1 vote, or anything under 70%, that it is virtually over for him. Hillary is still the favorite here. 475 pledged delegates at stake, it is proportional as all dem contests are.

South Dakota, North Dakota and Montana are expected to go to Sanders and in a very large way, they have a total of 59 delegates at stake.

New Jersey is expected to go to Clinton at about 60-65% similar to Maryland. It has 126 pledged delegates at stake

New Mexico polling shows Clinton has an advantage, it will be closer than polls show, but expect a 53-55% win for Clinton. It has 34 delegates at stake.

Once New Jersey polls close, the media will make a major projection, as they did in 2008 when Obama was declared the winner with super delegates included, they will project Hillary Clinton to be the presumptive Nominee for the dem party, including her almost 550 super delegates that have said they will support her in July.

The superdelegates do not vote til July, so they can switch sides, however they have never voted for someone without a majority of pledged delegates. After tomorrow Clinton will more than likely only need a couple hundred to actually secure the nomination, not all 550 that have already pledged.

Senator Warren has even said recently that "I am a superdelegate against superdelegates, and that they should not effect the outcome" (paraphrased a bit). She is basically saying that the superdelegates should not go against the will of the people and overturn the winner of the majority of pledged delegates.

President Obama is expected to make an endorsement as early as this week, to help unify the democratic party, same with Warren and Vice President Biden. Obama is looking to get out on the campaign trail and get peopled riled up for the election to focus on the general election.

Deleted
    Sanders is just trying to give the people one last chance to save themselves from Hillary and Trump.

They should accept his generosity before it's too late.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    Sanders is just trying to give the people one last chance to save themselves from Hillary and Trump.

Yeah it's too late for that, CA has 2 more hours, but really, it's over. The votes have been cast.

The fate is sealed, can't wait to see Sanders concession speech.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post

Look. Buddy. California only has 40 million people. 40 million out of 300 million is insignificant. Californians don't get to vote. They are irrelevant. It's not like it's the largest state by population or anything.

Hence, they shouldn't have been allowed to vote, at all.

Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Look. Buddy. California only has 40 million people. 40 million out of 300 million is insignificant. Californians don't get to vote. They are irrelevant. It's not like it's the largest state by population or anything.

Hence, they shouldn't have been allowed to vote, at all.

Right?
    Do you even read the messages you reply to or is this just pent up rage coming out? While most Sanders supporters are at the depression stage of grief, you are stuck back in anger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hillary already won NJ :/

Calling it now. Clinton wins New Jersey by 22-28 points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obama endorsement tomorrow and Sanders drops out?

Please don't give him anymore money if he doesn't drop out...

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Trump's prepared speech that he supposedly rehearsed and it still includes statements like, "if you elect me I'm going to make some very good things happen."

- - - Updated - - -

Clinton is up by more than 10 in... South Dakota? I thought that was Sanders country.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    Trump's prepared speech that he supposedly rehearsed and it still includes statements like, "if you elect me I'm going to make some very good things happen."

- - - Updated - - -

Clinton is up by more than 10 in... South Dakota? I thought that was Sanders country.
    I'm shocked to see this too, but its still way early.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume if the defeat is wide enough that Sanders will back out graciously. He doesn't strike me as a vindictive person and despite everything, he is a smart guy and recognizes the importance of not allowing Trump to become President.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does Trumps daughter and wife look like Disney Villains? Like...anyone else notice it? lol

This speech is awful.

Oh and Monday a speech on the Clintons, Trump is starting to sound like a politician full of shit, he's reading off a teleprompter, and it sounds like a third grader wrote his speech.

Deleted
    Calling the nomination for Hillary yesterday definitely worked for the Hillary campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I assume if the defeat is wide enough that Sanders will back out graciously. He doesn't strike me as a vindictive person and despite everything, he is a smart guy and recognizes the importance of not allowing Trump to become President.
    But... It doesn't matter what Sanders does. That won't affect his supporters, in any way or form. It's what Hillary does, and whether she does anything to earn those supporters, that matters.

People in Hillary and Trump's camps are so within that cult of personality bubble that they don't understand that Sanders' supporters aren't voting for Sanders but his ideals.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Why does Trumps daughter and wife look like Disney Villains? Like...anyone else notice it? lol

This speech is awful.

Oh and Monday a speech on the Clintons, Trump is starting to sound like a politician full of shit, he's reading off a teleprompter, and it sounds like a third grader wrote his speech.
    They look terrified to me lol. But his speech-reading skills are pretty awful.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post

This speech is awful.

Low energy crowd as well. Almost doing golf claps for him.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    But... It doesn't matter what Sanders does. That won't affect his supporters, in any way or form. It's what Hillary does, and whether she does anything to earn those supporters, that matters.

People in Hillary and Trump's camps are so within that cult of personality bubble that they don't understand that Sanders' supporters aren't voting for Sanders but his ideals.
    Ok, friend.

So when can we expect his supporters to have rallies against him calling him a Shillary? Because Sanders is literally going to get up on a stage, on national television, and talk about the need to support Hillary against Trump.

Hillary has taken an early lead in South Dakota. She could still lose easily, but it's still surprising.

7+ Year Old Account
    What surprises me is that people are stil voting for Ted Cruz

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    What surprises me is that people are stil voting for Ted Cruz
    Currently in South Dakota Trump has 31 % voting against him.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Currently in South Dakota Trump has 31 % voting against him.
    Yup I've noticed. People voting for Ted Kasich and Cruz it strikes me as odd. It really shows the effect of Trump's recent actions. Also its 32% according to CSBN