Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    ofc the cant change everything cos certain zones are either in a prmanent season such as winterspring which is always winter, but zones that can change such as elwynn forest could have dynamic seasonsNOV -JAN in elwynn trees would be bare with a bit of cosmetic snow on the groundFEB - APR is spring so it would be like it is now but alot less leaves on the treesMAY - JUL is full summer so elwynn would be as it is nowAUG - OCT is autumn/fall so they could put lots of leaves falling and leaves on the ground and change the tree leafs that are still on to an orange/red/brown color
    you gave yourself exactly why it shouldent... it owuld have to effect all zones or else it would be weird
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you gave yourself exactly why it shouldent... it owuld have to effect all zones or else it would be weird
    Well personally I think if it would suddenly become summer in Northrend with blossoming trees it would be very peculiar. But I would say that is the exception, for me it would even be enough if there was winter and summer. It would be very awesome. Although if there are 2 seasons it should change more than bi anually. Having everything snowy for half a year would be very strange indeed.

Can't say I care much if they add it. Once you factor in the work that it would take I'd rather they don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    AC did it, I don't see why it'd be impossible here.
    It certainly isn't impossible. It isn't worth the effort that it would take though or they would have done it already.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    I would be all for it, cant wait to see the darker nights in Legion.

Signature by Serryn

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love more weather in general. It seems like the game world is barren in that sense. It will rain or snow occasionally but I would love some kind of weather pattern.

Deleted
    It would definitely be cool, but where would Azerot's equator be?

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Wonder what system that'd be based on though, because the game's is played around the world -- and some places don't even have all 4 seasons.
    Maybe it could be a graphics-based feature that you can turn on or off at will.

10+ Year Old Account
    New seasons only look good but do not generate Money for Blizzard in any shape or form so... no very unlikely going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's touchy, because you have these zones that belong in a grey area at large. Is there a summer in Elwynn? A winter? Does Dun'Morogh have summer?

If you'd read the lore, I'm quite sure Azeroth isn't exactly working the way a planet is.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Sorta seems like too much work for too little gain. I'm sure it'd be nice to see snow in Stormwind from time to time, but not enough to justify the development time for it. I'd much prefer to just see the old weather effects again, since they seem toned down now and fairly limited in scope

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benigne View Post
    Well personally I think if it would suddenly become summer in Northrend with blossoming trees it would be very peculiar. But I would say that is the exception, for me it would even be enough if there was winter and summer. It would be very awesome. Although if there are 2 seasons it should change more than bi anually. Having everything snowy for half a year would be very strange indeed.
    issue is we also dont know exactly azeroth's shape/size, as it does seem that the equater is actuallty the top of pandaria, southern of ES and Kalim, speaking both have big jungles and deserts down there... meaning there is alot of space down there, and it makes sense for northrend to be cold... its just the game does not make alot of sense geographicly... a giant jungle between a tundra and a frozen glacier...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    issue is we also dont know exactly azeroth's shape/size, as it does seem that the equater is actuallty the top of pandaria, southern of ES and Kalim, speaking both have big jungles and deserts down there... meaning there is alot of space down there, and it makes sense for northrend to be cold... its just the game does not make alot of sense geographicly... a giant jungle between a tundra and a frozen glacier...
    I did not even consider that I thought saw the image a of a green forest at the foot of icecrown citadel and it was strange to say the least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    New seasons only look good but do not generate Money for Blizzard in any shape or form so... no very unlikely going to happen.
    yeah im sure the twitter selfie patch got em alot of money

They already do. The summer bass are here, and the winter squid won't be back until late September.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    yeah im sure the twitter selfie patch got em alot of money
    You can argue about that.. Firstly the Twitterpatch didn't required much attention nor ressources. To me it seemed like the patch was made by an intern in between coffee breaks. Ok but seriously, this interaction with the selfie cam can draw more people into the game.

If you make a selfie of your char and sent it to someone who isn't playing he might think "cool, I might try that game". Basically it is a way of advertising across media. Now they are reaching more people hoping to convince some of them to start playing.

So lets compare that to new Seasons: You as a player might brag about that feature with your nonplayer friends, but other games have that feature already..so big deal. Seasons only concern the people already playing WoW, so no new people for Blizzard to cash in. And if you are a player thinking about quitting... good looking season won't be the feature that keep you playing, I reckon.