Poll: Do you vote for yourself?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Do you vote for yourself in post game highlights?

I see a few people do this (on YouTube and Twitch) but personally find it bad sportsmanship.
    Even if I'm the only one on my team who got vote rights then I'll vote for an opponent.

What are your thoughts on this?

PS: Too often I'll see people vote for Bastion for his "most eliminations" instead of my "50%+ kill participation"/"30% of damage taken healed" where's the support love?
    Last edited by Hottage; 2016-06-08 at 04:13 PM.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Haha, you're right, it is bad sportsmanship. But I admit, I do vote for myself, but only if i think i deserve it xD... kinda biased i know

There are two types of people; those that vote for themselves in post game highlights - and those who deny doing it.

But honestly, if there are some players I've noticed in game with their performance I will vote for them. Otherwise I will vote for myself.. can't help it
    I participated in the legendary BACON thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    That wouldn't work, Orc's and Human's have a different number of chromosomes.
    WoW: The only fictional world where chromosomes matter.

What do the votes accomplish anyway?

But yeah sometimes I do it if I feel I deserve it :P
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbur View Post
    There are two types of people; those that vote for themselves in post game highlights - and those who deny doing it.

But honestly, if there are some players I've noticed in game with their performance I will vote for them. Otherwise I will vote for myself.. can't help it
    Pretty much this unless i am playing mercy which is 90% of the time then you always vote for mercy, on a side note was skrimming with friends on the weekend and we added a few bots and Roadhog always votes for himself and will say he does as well which is a pisser.

Only vote for myself if my card is actually the best otherwise no.
    What is bad sportsmanship is the enemy team voting for their player, despite the other 3 cards being far superior to their own player's.

Only if I felt I made a huge contribution to the team, and never as McCree
    Mother pus bucket!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Recard View Post
    Roadhog always votes for himself and will say he does as well which is a pisser.
    Pretty sure all the bots do that, I noticed it a lot when playing Vs AI matches.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    I never vote for the enemy unless it was something really good like MVP. I only vote for myself if I feel that my accomplishment was better than my team mates highlight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always vote for myself when I'm up, which is almost every game, without sounding too much of a bragger.

If I'm not up, I always vote for Support and Tank heroes. They need all encouragement possible, so that people play them so I don't have to :P
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly...

If my card and a healer card go up for my team, I vote for the healer. If a tank did PARTICULARLY good, I will vote for them if the healer card isn't there. Otherwise, I vote for myself.

It doesn't matter so...

15+ Year Old Account
    I vote for the support characters, healers in most cases, dont really vote for myself, unless im the healer
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Faceroll-potg-bastion never gets any love even with 400 kills
    (i don't play bastion for the record)
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

I vote for whom ever I feel did the best job whether it be the me, my team mates or an enemy player.

Usually i vote for healers, if not avaivable im voting for the best on my side.

I normally never vote for myself (dont like it), there were only two exceptions to this.
    It was our DD's playing mary go round instead doing something usefull like at least fire in the general direction of the enemy.
    And no, they werent saving the hindlines, all enemies were in front.

10+ Year Old Account
    When it comes to voting I have 2 rules:
    1: Support gets the vote
    2: If no support, tank

And since I play support or tank in 95% of all games, and I usually end up on the scoreboard, I vote for myself quite a lot. I have no issues voting for anyone else if they get on the scoreboard as support and I don't

If I feel like I was the biggest contributor among the cards, then yes, I vote for myself.

That said, if a Mercy was frequently healing/buffing/reviving me I typically gave it to her. If I saw a Solder 76 keeping the heat on the enemy and helping to consistently clear the way, I'd vote for him. A lot of it came down to my personal experience of what happened in the game versus what the card is actually rewarded for. Like D.VA's mech deaths do not mean fuck all to me so why should I? Some of the rewards are just silly or outright stupid.

In random games? Sure, why would I vote someone else.
    In organized groups? I always vote the one that didn't get any votes so it looks like he voted himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    I see a few people do this (on YouTube and Twitch) but personally find it bad sportsmanship.
    Even if I'm the only one on my team who got vote rights then I'll vote for an opponent.

What are your thoughts on this?

PS: Too often I'll see people vote for Bastion for his "most eliminations" instead of my "50%+ kill participation"/"30% of damage taken healed" where's the support love?
    But many times Bastion are more usefull and you can win because of them.

Yesterday we won because I played Bastion the last 60 seconds, I got PoTG and I received 8 vote, and I deserved it. Pretty sure some player had good score too, but scores do not mean nothing... It's about teamplay contribution.

Ex: If a healer never heal you, you won't vote for him, If a tank cover you, you will vote for him.
    Last edited by reemi; 2016-06-08 at 01:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Like D.VA's mech deaths do not mean fuck all to me so why should I? Some of the rewards are just silly or outright stupid.
    Well that's just a measure of how often the D.Va was up there taking damage for the team and got knocked out but managed to stay alive and get back in the mech, or how often they were actually using their ult.

All of their measures on the cards actually mean something. If they get the card the game thinks they did more than another member of the group.

I don't disagree with you voting for whoever you felt deserved it most from what you've seen, though. :P