Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Winston easily takes care of Tracers from my experience, double Winston is great on koth if the enemy team has a bunch of Genji's/Junkrats/Tracers.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmmm. well tracer isn't really too hard to get away from

if you make her chase you, she'll lose her ability to blink. so she generally won't, as it's a pretty pertinent part of her toolkit. most tracers deem it too important to waste on chasing enemies because of how easily they can be killed.

That being said, sometimes a decent tracer can really trip me up as soldier 76 but I don't really find myself matched up with them often despite how frequently I will kill them throughout the course of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post

One Tracer? Tolerable, I suppose, though I wish they'd fix McCree's flashbang so it stop's her from blinking away
    You can't blink while flashbanged

There's a simple solution that I really wish they'd put in already, CAP THE CHARACTERS TO ONE PER TEAM. First person to pick it gets it, oh you wanted to play it? Maybe you shouldn't have AFKed after queing up.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I've been playing Winston a lot lately, and I love to hunt down Tracers with him.
    If a Tracer is dying to Winston, they are a low tier Tracer. As long as the Tracer is landing headshots on the Winston she should out damage the Winston before he kills her if she recalls to full. Also her blinks should be fine for escaping Winstons.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Higuchi View Post
    I mostly play tanks so I've never really had a problem with her. Also Zenyatta, where it takes a discord and one orb to the head to kill her.

On the other hand I've tried playing as her and holy shit I suck so bad
    When playing Tracer, you "harass" the enemy team. Kill them if you can be sure of yourself you can kill someone. You want them to look away from your team for even a few seconds. S76 and Pharah do a decent job at attempting to distract the enemy, while dealing a bit more damage with a more survival. Tracer has a better escape open, and a bit more of a lethal ultimate.

A lot of people like to hide being Reinhardt; If you can sneak up to him, and place the bomb, you can get a lot of kills, and time your team needs.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by runique View Post
    If a Tracer is dying to Winston, they are a low tier Tracer. As long as the Tracer is landing headshots on the Winston she should out damage the Winston before he kills her if she recalls to full. Also her blinks should be fine for escaping Winstons.
    His leap can keep him on her if she tries blinking away depending on the map.

And also, to be fair, the chances of a Winston being alone from his team is lower than a Tracer darting around trying to pick people off with no support.

Same. I've branded her "Terrorist Tracer." She's literally an abomination. Can't be stopped, can't be killed unless you land that lucky one shot or she's playing poorly. There's no safe angle from 3 sprints into her ult with an e get away. She'll just blow you up. Replace her union jack with an IRA flag, it'd be much more accurate.

I understand certain heros like Road Hog or McCree are supposed to be a hinderance... but honestly she can destroy them too. It's no wonder she's the face of the game, because otherwise she'd be the most hated hands down. Even bastion is more tolerable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I can handle McCree even in his current state, and he's going to get balanced too apparently. I can't handle this limey fucking cunt who oozes manufactured waifuness to the Nth degree, literally the Lana del Ray of character design.

One Tracer? Tolerable, I suppose, though I wish they'd fix McCree's flashbang so it stop's her from blinking away, but two Tracers? I've half a mind to just slam the people playing dual Tracers onto the "plz don't put me in games with these fucknuts" list. The deserter penalty is becoming less and less effectual the more I see them in my games. Oh no I won't get lootboxes when I already have the legendaries I want.

I hate playing against her, I hate seeing her, I hate trying to counter her only to be met with more Tracers, I hate how the one 'counter' is considered "overpowered" and thus any suggestion to fix any problems he has countering Tracer is met with resistance and hostility. I especially hate when double Tracer is defending with a Reinhardt, Mercy, Bastion set up, and no amount of character switching seemed to do anything against it. OH LOOK WE FINALLY GOT THE TRACERS PLAGUING OUR BACKLINE DEAD- nope Mercy just suicide revived them and Reinhardt and Bastion are more than enough to stop any weak push as Tracers go back to being obnoxious cancers. Oh Mercy is back up and already has 55% ult charged in less than 25 seconds because she "deserves" it to do the process all over again.

I hope her damn timebox malfunctions and she's stuck in the Dark Ages.

I -know- what "supposedly" counters. It just seems her "counters" get worse depending on how good the Tracer is and the counter in question's skill doesn't scale with her.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Tracer, along with Genji, both need a nerf, a lot more then Mcree.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    They, really, really don't.

In what way would Genji need a nerf? He used to be OP when combined with the old way orb of harmony worked, but now?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    She's by far the most annoying during overtime, zipping around the place and extending the timer indefinitely. Can't really kill her without McCree or getting lucky with Junkrat trap. Winston can chase her down for a bit, but she'll usually just heal from that and return to cause trouble once again.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    She's by far the most annoying during overtime, zipping around the place and extending the timer indefinitely. Can't really kill her without McCree or getting lucky with Junkrat trap. Winston can chase her down for a bit, but she'll usually just heal from that and return to cause trouble once again.
    This is annoying and I sometimes feel overtime in general should change, swapping to 3 or 4 Tracer's during overtime is a thing and it can stall games for an incredibly long time.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    This is annoying and I sometimes feel overtime in general should change, swapping to 3 or 4 Tracer's during overtime is a thing and it can stall games for an incredibly long time.
    Yeah i agree to some extent. Maybe something like not allowing switches during overtime? Although then i guess people would go 4-5 tracer right before so I am not sure thats better. I think limiting to 1 of each hero all game might be too restrictive, but maybe 2 would allow for more freedom in comps without some more ridiculous cheeses?

played against a team of 4 high level tracers last night... it was awful but they lost, so oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    played against a team of 4 high level tracers last night... it was awful but they lost, so oh well.
    I'm really glad you won but oh man, I am so sorry.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

7+ Year Old Account
    lol, tracer is an easy kill.

- - - Updated - - -

they definitely dont.

Formerly known as Arafal

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So there is no hero limit per game? Like.... you could log in to a game where the opposing team is either stacking or full of the same character?
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2016-06-08 at 04:28 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    A good tracer is hard to play against but compared to a good widowmaker for example she really isn't anything more than annoying.