Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Wired Xbox 360 controller is what I've always used. It's one of the most compatible going, perfect for when my hands are having a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    oh ok, I just haven't run into any problems yet
    It depends supposedly on how the game polls the controller.
    Some games as soon as you press a button will act like one of the buttons is pressed permanently.
    Super Hexagon, New n Tasty: Abe's Oddworld Odyssey being two examples where I have had issues.
    The official response seems to be that the game developers should update their games, but they didn't ask for this change.

Regret forking out the extra on the xb1 controller now, and should have bought a 360.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

360 pad originally and then the XB1 pad when the former died.

No issues with the drivers on either, but the pad's themselves are poor quality. I've probably been through 3 or 4 X360 pads, and 2 XB1 pads since they were released that all developed off centre sticks over time. That's without ever being thrown or mistreated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    I've had the wired xbox 360 controller for a while now, probably in 5 years I've had a couple, and I'm starting to want to use a keyboard and mouse because I just don't like the feel of it anymore. Anyone have a good experience with a controller on the PC? because I still prefer it for some game.
    The Xbox One controller is the way to go these days. Native windows support, and most controller enabled games support it out of the box. They swap the popups out and show you the button to press instead of the letter to press for actions. Aka. fully integrated "console experience".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    Hands down the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS! (Amazon UK link).

I'm more a mouse and keyboard man myself, just cannot, for the life of me, get on with a controller - I feel like I have the co-ordination of a 1 year old when I try and use one.
    It takes alot of efford and hours and hours and hours and hours of practice to become skilled with a controller. Especially in FPS games. It will never be quite as good as M&K, but if you look at really good FPS players using controllers its amazing how accurate they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    that's basically me. though most of the time I prefer keyboard/mouse combo, occasionally controller can be nice, especially if the game is console port and wasn't exactly optimized for keyboard.

mainly I prefer it over xbox due to its slightly smaller size and button/joystick configuration (I prefer everything symmetrical and have smallish hands) (that and I had an extra one anyways)

haven't tried any of the pc specific controllers
    Perfect example of a game thats better (and pretty much made for controllers) is the Dark Souls series.
    Last edited by Cerunnir; 2016-06-08 at 12:11 PM.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Eh, I've always preferred the wired XBox 360 controller myself. If you just don't like the feel of it, you could always try a wired PS3 controller, although I've heard some people have issues getting those to work properly.

There's also the retro controllers, but those won't work on a lot of modern games, for obvious reasons. They're fun if you like to play some of the simpler games on Steam though.

Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    Hands down the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS! (Amazon UK link).

I'm more a mouse and keyboard man myself, just cannot, for the life of me, get on with a controller - I feel like I have the co-ordination of a 1 year old when I try and use one.
    I went for the Thrustmaster Hotas-X myself. As I only play one game with it (Elite Dangerous) I couldn't justify spending over £250. However for the same price as an X-Box pad the cheaper alternative is a bit of a bargain.

Usually I play with an X-Box 360 pad (even FPS games, I was never a fan of turning shooters into point-and-click games where all you can do is Use Gun On Man) but it's getting a bit worn down now, I have tried the XB1 pad and it feels really good so I'll probably get one of those eventually.

7+ Year Old Account
    i may have to see if my xbox pad works on pc games now. i wonder if it works on PC d3
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Eh, I've always preferred the wired XBox 360 controller myself. If you just don't like the feel of it, you could always try a wired PS3 controller, although I've heard some people have issues getting those to work properly.

There's also the retro controllers, but those won't work on a lot of modern games, for obvious reasons. They're fun if you like to play some of the simpler games on Steam though.
    I've been using http://ds4windows.com/ with my, (granted ps4) dualshock for windows and had no issues. it just makes my computer think I'm using an xbox controller.

just keep controller plugged in even though its wireless, so never have to worry about the battery, and since other then letters on the buttons on right side, they are essentially the same? all I did was use little label dots on the buttons to mark them with xbox version of the letters and voila - perfectly working controller that is fully integrated.

but yeah, controller took me a WHILE to get used to. I'm still at best mediocre with it, but at least I can use it now :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer the Hori PS3 or PS4 controller

turbo function so button mashing isn't a problem.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

As with PS3 controller issues in games, you just use Motion In Joy drivers to fool the game into thinking it's an Xbox 360 pad, works perfectly.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I went for the Thrustmaster Hotas-X myself. As I only play one game with it (Elite Dangerous) I couldn't justify spending over £250. However for the same price as an X-Box pad the cheaper alternative is a bit of a bargain.

Usually I play with an X-Box 360 pad (even FPS games, I was never a fan of turning shooters into point-and-click games where all you can do is Use Gun On Man) but it's getting a bit worn down now, I have tried the XB1 pad and it feels really good so I'll probably get one of those eventually.
    I have the TM Hotas-X too, use it for Tie Fighter and Wing Commander IV, as well as some older flight sims that don't really need the full Warthog experience.

But for DCS World and Falcon 4, there's nothing better than the Warthog, coupled with a TrackIR 5 and some Saitek rudder pedals.

Ralfidude shows tha benifit of the Warthog in DCS A-10C -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    As with PS3 controller issues in games, you just use Motion In Joy drivers to fool the game into thinking it's an Xbox 360 pad, works perfectly.
    That was actually the exact program I was using, worked fine with everything except for Transistor for some reason (Joystick wouldn't register, had to use D Pad for movements).

The Xbox One controller.

Anyone suggesting the 360 controller is foolish as the Xbox One controller fixed all of it's minor flaws such as the shit d pad, and has much more durable sticks.

The Xbox One Elite would technically be the best PC controller IMO, but the standard Xbox One is just as good just not as much of a quality build(expected given the massive price difference).

Also don't need to differentiate between a wired or wireless controller with it either, it can be either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The Xbox One controller.

Anyone suggesting the 360 controller is foolish as the Xbox One controller fixed all of it's minor flaws such as the shit d pad, and has much more durable sticks.

The Xbox One Elite would technically be the best PC controller IMO, but the standard Xbox One is just as good just not as much of a quality build(expected given the massive price difference).

Also don't need to differentiate between a wired or wireless controller with it either, it can be either.
    Unless they care about money, since the 360 controller wired only was like, $20 for me.

And doesn't the Xbone controller require a dongle connector for wireless even? (Without using 3rd party programs I mean)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Unless they care about money, since the 360 controller wired only was like, $20 for me.

And doesn't the Xbone controller require a dongle connector for wireless even? (Without using 3rd party programs I mean)
    The xbox one controller has a mini usb port in the back just like the DS4 does, although I haven't tried mine with the gaming PC cause my 360 wired controller still works for me there.

Id assume it can be connected without a dongle with that, but I may be wrong on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Yes but the option is there.

With a micro usb to usb cable it's plug and play(and everyone should own a million of these from phone chargers.)

To each their own but I don't go cheap on something my hands are going to use for hours upon hours of my life. The 360 controller feels like shit in every way possible once you hold an Xbox One controller, from the triggers to the obvious dpad to even the face buttons being much clickier and comfortable. MS basically took all the Nintendo fundamentals of controller design and it shows with it.

I bought an Xbox One Elite controller to play Dark Souls 3, best controller you can get in my experience. Would be bad if it wasn't though, considering the price. Those 4 paddles on the back are really useful and I wouldn't want to go back to a normal XO controller because of those. If you don't mind the pricegap it's definitely worth it.
    Still prefer a keyboard + mouse though, but some games simply aren't made for that.

I got a (cheap) dongle a decade or so ago that adapts my PS2 controller to USB, and have never needed a PC controller since.