Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Greatest thing ever. It was an impossible task. No one could have done it better! Solid 9 outta 10! No one wanted a great movie from someone like Duncan Jones. Amazing work!

Still sounds amazingly desperate...
    How many salty tears you will shed, on average per day, if warcraft gets a sequel?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    Nobody on these forums has said this is a perfect movie.
    It seems the opposite does happen though, people bashing and being butthurt at it not being perfect. I guess they only watch 11+ Oscar movies.

It's like people need negativity around them to get some pleasure out of some dark, damp corner of their minds. Quite disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Desperation is so strong here......
    Says one of the most active persons in this thread who doesn't even like the movie.
    Desperate for this movie to fail or just a loser with too much time on his hands? Hmm, can't decide...
    What is worth fighting for?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert View Post
    people bashing and being butthurt at it not being perfect.
    I have been waiting for a Warcraft movie for literally years. And what we've got? Something that is not epic, not even good, just cringeworthy and shoddy. They have their chance and used it to film this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I have been waiting for a Warcraft movie for literally years. And what we've got? Something that is not epic, not even good, just cringeworthy and shoddy. They have their chance and used it to film this?
    Go make your own, I guess.

Or would you rather not have a movie at all?

Deleted
    Yeah, thank God they did it this way

Guys, why are you still feeding the camrip troll? It's getting tiresome to remind you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    It'll be a pretty interesting plot twist - the moviegoers kind of expect Gul'Dan to be the ultimate villain of the trilogy and still view Orgrim as somewhat a good guy, especially after having regretted everything (I assume) after Durotan's death. Seeing him become warchief and therefore leader of the rampaging horde of orcs that is still trying to conquer everything and kill almost everyone... Well... It'll be interesting to see the reactions!
    While this is true, it wouldn't be much interesting to kill off Gul'dan after Orgrim becomes Warchief. It would be better follow the lore and show that Orgrim has indeed a need of Gul'dan's magic, at least used to the extent of granting victory over the humans. It would be that kind of unlikely, uneasy alliance where Gul'dan is shown scheming in the shadows and ultimately betray Orgrim.

Greatest thing ever. It was an impossible task. No one could have done it better! Solid 9 outta 10! No one wanted a great movie from someone like Duncan Jones. Amazing work!

Still sounds amazingly desperate...
    If you have nothing constructive to say don't say anything.

I'm sure your idiotic drama-princess bullshit makes you feel smart and important but for now it only made you look like a petulant whiny bitch.

I'll take this over whatever bullshit Raimi was cooking up. You can be sure of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    If you have nothing constructive to say don't say anything.

I'm sure your idiotic drama-princess bullshit makes you feel smart and important but for now it only made you look like a petulant whiny bitch.

You know why I enjoy your whining? Because on this forum, constructive opinion amounts to bending over backwards for Duncan Jones and glory that is his movie. You are poster child for "yes, Mr Duncan, I will suck it hard, Mr Duncan". You wouldn't know something constructive if it hit you in your face.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Crow View Post
    Says one of the most active persons in this thread who doesn't even like the movie.
    Desperate for this movie to fail or just a loser with too much time on his hands? Hmm, can't decide...
    God no! Why would I want a TMNT caliber movie to fail! It has all the right elements for a Michael Bay film!
    Last edited by jdbond592; 2016-06-08 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    While this is true, it wouldn't be much interesting to kill off Gul'dan after Orgrim becomes Warchief. It would be better follow the lore and show that Orgrim has indeed a need of Gul'dan's magic, at least used to the extent of granting victory over the humans. It would be that kind of unlikely, uneasy alliance where Gul'dan is shown scheming in the shadows and ultimately betray Orgrim.
    It would be incredibly anticlimatic to have Gul'dan go to a random island and just die there. So I expect that part of the story to change. I can see Orgrim killing him at some point, a small redemption that doesn't make him a hero in any way.

After watching the movie, I still think they're going to incorporate Lord of the Clans into the Second War by making the latter last much longer. Thrall would get to know Orgrim while he's still warchief, learn from him, but also learn that he doesn't want to be like him. Turalyon would be much younger than Lothar, a new son, who's a much better soldier, but who doesn't follow his steps, as he embraces magic and becomes a paladin. Khadgar would age naturally and be, overall, more useful than in the first movie.

I don't know which roles would Garona, Taria, Arthas and Varian play, if any.

Nobody on these forums has said this is a perfect movie.
    This is the biggest problem right there. This movie is not even "good". Refuse to recognize the problem, blame the messenger and expect the problem to go away in a sequel. We all wanted a good movie. Now all of you are desperately running around defending this movie to hell instead of asking something simple, "how do we fix the problem". I will wait eagerly for that discussion. All I have is:

"I thought the movie was amazing. My friends loved it too. Everyone is a hater. We never wanted perfection. This is the best you will ever get!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert View Post
    It seems the opposite does happen though, people bashing and being butthurt at it not being perfect. I guess they only watch 11+ Oscar movies.

Oh yeah. that's what people wanted, an Oscar worthy movie! It is not so bad though. I am sure movie is only one or two grades below!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It would be incredibly anticlimatic to have Gul'dan go to a random island and just die there. So I expect that part of the story to change. I can see Orgrim killing him at some point, a small redemption that doesn't make him a hero in any way.

After watching the movie, I still think they're going to incorporate Lord of the Clans into the Second War by making the latter last much longer. Thrall would get to know Orgrim while he's still warchief, learn from him, but also learn that he doesn't want to be like him. Turalyon would be much younger than Lothar, a new son, who's a much better soldier, but who doesn't follow his steps, as he embraces magic and becomes a paladin. Khadgar would age naturally and be, overall, more useful than in the first movie.

Khadgar can still age, not imediately but something like a curse idk may be he will age more faster than normal people, Varian can meet Arthas they can become friends and meanwhile they can show how Thrall is used for fights and lives in a cage)

The movie scored $30m in China in 12 hours

Dem Chinese be crazy! <3

Quote Originally Posted by donmater View Post
    How many salty tears you will shed, on average per day, if warcraft gets a sequel?
    Transformers has what, 5 movies? You don't even know how pathetic that sounds at this moment...Remember the joke about Uwe Boll? I wonder who is laughing now..

Deleted
    The movie scored $30m in China in 12 hours

Dem Chinese be crazy! <3
    its at ¥222.14M as of 8PM Beijing time. that is around $33.3M(from a box office forum)
    it can reach 50M with midnight screenings))) 50M opening day xD
    Last edited by mmoc193995c0cb; 2016-06-08 at 12:42 PM.

Film Review: ‘Warcraft’

Hollywood's habit of turning hit videogames into unwatchable movies continues unabated.

The epic battle at the center of “Warcraft” isn’t the clash between humans and orcs. That’s just what takes up roughly two hours of screen time. The true conflict comes from filmmakers trying to tell a story with soul and struggling against the inherent ridiculousness of the commodity they’re working with. It shouldn’t take a mage to foresee that this pricey and preposterous adaptation of an online gaming phenomenon was preordained for artistic mediocrity.

That’s despite the noble effort of director Duncan Jones, who helmed the lower-budget sci-fi wonders “Moon” and “Source Code” and labors mightily here to craft a solid emotional foundation in his script with Charles Leavitt. The “Warcraft” games — which have radically declined in popularity from a high of 12 million regular users in 2010 to a recent low of close to 5 million (so low the company behind it no longer releases subscriber counts to the public) — were never meant to have the narrative depth of “The Lord of the Rings,” or even “Game of Thrones.” But the film cribs freely from both of those sources anyway, as well as “Star Wars,” “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes,” “Avatar” and numerous other recent blockbusters.

Boasting more than 2,000 visual effects shots, it’s dispiriting to think about the time, energy, planning and precision that went into “Warcraft” when the final product brings to mind those animated advertisements for iPhone app games. So good at making the most outlandish elements of his first two films seem completely credible, Jones can’t find a way to get this cartoony spectacle to soar. His heartfelt approach to the material only underlines the silliness.

-------------------

Now I really want to see this.

you should have seen the fallout from LOTR fanboys of the novels vs the movies. fark me the novel guys literally thought PJ filmed some 2nd rate shitshow in his backyard (backyard was actually accurate sans new Zealand) but either way, some people literally just cannot stand some shit existing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    you should have seen the fallout from LOTR fanboys of the novels vs the movies. fark me the novel guys literally thought PJ filmed some 2nd rate shitshow in his backyard (backyard was actually accurate sans new Zealand) but either way, some people literally just cannot stand some shit existing.
    So true

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shady View Post
    So true
    its amazing how pathetic some people are...like its just a movie...not propaganda pushing some hate agenda. im sure the director's cut will abate any and all concerns about pacing with the film but honestly, crying about how bad actors are could be done the same for actors in the LOTR films.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    You know why I enjoy your whining? Because on this forum, constructive opinion amounts to bending over backwards for Duncan Jones and glory that his movie. You are poster child for "yes, Mr Duncan, I will suck it hard, Mr Duncan". You wouldn't know something constructive if it hit you in your face.
    If pointing out the childish idiocy of your whining makes me look like a "whiner" in your eyes, so be it. Because, indeed, this is very constructive:

Yeah, I totally missed your priceless contribution there.

All your contribution until now fell to be nothing but a whiny bitch, spouting baseless assumptions based on what fits you the most. You even went far to come up with shit out of nothing and spread misinformation at times. You're bitching about this movie from ever because of your butthurt purist agenda. You probably didn't even watch the movie yet, which is the greatest irony.

What's most pathetic is that you believe to be this great guy with refined tastes when time and time again you just looked on the same level of a pretentious, clueless teenager who talks big and harsh to give himself importance. That's exactly how you look like.

Again, if you have nothing constructive to say, save your face and don't say a damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The final part could be changed, but Gul'dan killed right after Orgrim becomes Warchief would be a poor choice, because it would eliminate from the picture the whole dynamic between them during the course of the Second War.

Technically, you could follow the same exact order of events, but let Orgrim reach Gul'dan and let him kill the warlock himself, rather than have Gul'dan run into the tomb and die by the hands of some random demons

I already gave my opinion and why I don't like the idea one bit, but I cannot say much without a proper context. In its proper context, maybe could work.

I suspect Garona is going to play a role she didn't have in our lore. I don't think is fitting at this point let her disappear into nothingness like happened from WC2 on.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2016-06-08 at 12:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.