Poll: What do you think?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Lots of words, when you could just sum it up in two sentences:

"I am not disciplined enough to not using heirlooms. Therefore please remove them."
    Well... no.

That's not the point of this thread, I want people to enjoy getting drops from dungeons, I want low-level items to be worth something, I want quest items to not only be "trash for sellings".

Why people are thinking that I'm talking just for myself? That's kinda stupid and irritating. Btw. I'm using heirlooms and they're okay, but I still miss the feeling of getting new gear whenever something drops, I'm just thinking "well, it's shit compared to heirlooms" *sells it*. Also, it's hard to find someone more disciplined than me in this game... When I was leveling my main I didn't went to the Outland untill I finished almost every zone in the Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Some people that already have a ton of max level characters do not care about gear being "meaningful and fun" when we level another alt.

Heirlooms are for veteran players, that have already "been there, done that" many times and do not care about the levelling experience. If you don't like heirlooms, don't use them.
    Lol'd because with or without heirlooms you're still going to level a character no matter what, so your argument is invalid and you're wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    a lot of people worked butts off for a long time to ge tthe heirlooms we have. leave them alone. stop being butthurt because people that have them use them and play the game.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    It might be for some brackets, thought it was still the 10s though (12 gets scaled up to 19 for instance).
    oh yeah, that's what it is.. scaling up to the highest.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

with the new apperance stuff in Legion its going to be a moot point. You will be able to customize yourself to look however you want. I would much rather keep my heirlooms that are enchanted becuase if I constanlty had replace items again and again I simple would not enchant them. Personally I would like for them to add more heirlooms to fill in all the rest of the slots. I can't tell you how many times I've replaced bracers, or boots, or gloves with a green that had over a 100 ilevel diffrence simply as im running dungeons and those pieces wouldn't drop. Quest items are usually gated behind long quest chains and when you go to a new area you have no idea which ones you need to do if you wanted to fill in those pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    lol your whole premise is ridiculous. Might as well remove leveling altogether if you really feel that way. Some people like playing an RPG.
    I know it's a crazy thought. Those that like to RPG can still RPG. Those who don't, don't. And what is Role playing and leveling really have to do with each other? Do the RP people like to get to level 37 and stop?

Unlike others, I'm not asking for anything to be removed. For those people who enjoy (after 11 years) the process of leveling a toon 1-100 they can keep deleting and re-rolling toons until their hearts desire. For those that find leveling a pointless chore that adds nothing to the game, I say give them as many ways as possible to get max level a soon as possible outside of paying $60. I personally have no complaints, Blizzard has done a good job making it easier and faster with heirlooms, dungeon XP and Elixirs

I'm really surprise more people don't complain about the elixirs and why they should be removed. With 1 Elixir I can enter Stockades with a level 100 guide and power clear and gain 10-11 levels in that 15 minute window. Where is the outrage over that??!! Don't you guys feel forced to use that too?

Quote Originally Posted by BouncyGnome View Post
    I just said why it isn't that simple for me. There is a part that I like and part that I don't like. I would prefer that the experience perk would be something not connected to gear. Also not using them in dungeons while everyone else are using them, you just get kicked or shouted at occasionally.
    I'm honestly curious why it's a problem? You pick up a blue staff, but it's not an upgrade. Do you feel cheated? Can't you just Transmog your current item to look like the blue you picked up. How is it different then you pick up a dungeon staff and then pick up a world drop item and it's not an upgrade?

Don't you like being able to enchant your Staff\cloak\Neck\ring once and not have to keep re-enchanting those items?
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-06-08 at 02:54 PM.

99% of people just want to get 1-100 done ASAP. Heirlooms help with that in a fair manner and make it that you can just focus on levelling as fast as possible. If you don't want that, don't wear them.

This is like 1 idiot on sitting a plane saying "well I want to take in all the sights", and forcing EVERYONE take the bus instead.

And no one gives a damn about low level items (outside of transmog) for good reason, they will be replace within a few hours (if that) even without heirlooms. You want items that matter for a while, try looking at heirlooms.....

Where's the leave them in game/buff XP gain option ? Make a correct poll...
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.

I'd rather see the $60 boosts go away first, especially since stolen CCs are used to buy them to bot

I love fast leveling but part of the game of wow is getting new gear and seeing how much your dps improves, survivability or healing. I would like heirlooms to just be like a token that gives you the experience buff but not to be used as gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    The second group exists because they understand players can't be the ones to decide how powerful they are in an online MMO, to the point where they make their gameplay a worse experience.

Asking people to unequip powerful gear to avoid the insanely dull leveling experience of oneshotting everything and having no use for anything but your main damage abilities doesn't. work.

We don't need heirlooms anymore. The base exp gain/character power relative to leveling zones is insane regardless.

Wanting rules to affect everyone fairly in a game is hardly cancerous. This is not a sandbox game
    Read that last sentence. It isn't Blizzard's job to save players from themselves. The tools and community efforts exist, the onus is on the players to make use of those tools and engage in that community effort. The second group exists because they, like many online gamers across the entire casual-hardcore spectrum, are prone to cognitive bias and confirmation bias, surround themselves with like-minded players, and convince themselves that it's ok to enforce their demands on an entire playerbase rather than exercise a little self-control and find like-minded players to do the same.

The Ironman Challenge's popularity, as well as that of its less-strict spinoffs that pop up on YouTube, suggests that yes, players can and will level sans-heirlooms for the experience. Heirlooms exist for players who don't want to spend forever leveling up a new alt; if you want to enjoy leveling at the pace Blizzard intended, then you can remove your heirloom items. Contrary to what other posters have said, I've yet to go into a dungeon on an un-heirloomed character and get shouted at or kicked for not being kitted out, so long as I know what I'm doing on that class and don't facepull the boss.

The rules do affect everyone fairly. Nobody is given two-hour timeouts or called out in Trade for leveling without heirloom items. The logic at work is erroneous at best and a rationalization for "Everyone must play my way" at worst.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Leveling should be long and challenging, to keep the casuals busy so they don't start infringing on the endgame.

Heirlooms should obviously be the first thing to go, maybe just modified, XP gain nerfed by a lot and made into a constant buff, and no power gear. Gear should be an incentive during leveling. People used to hunt good blues, do dungeons. That needs to return.
    It wont come back in this game. We have to hope that either we get Legacy realms or that Blizzard makes a new MMO and realizes that they've gone too far in terms of convenience.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Leveling should be long and challenging, to keep the casuals busy so they don't start infringing on the endgame.

Heirlooms should obviously be the first thing to go, maybe just modified, XP gain nerfed by a lot and made into a constant buff, and no power gear. Gear should be an incentive during leveling. People used to hunt good blues, do dungeons. That needs to return.
    Infringing on endgame, is it?

With people playing with such mentality as yours, it's no wonder this game has been and continues to roll down hill as a giant turd driven by fanboying dung beetles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Infringing on endgame, is it?

With people playing with such mentality as yours, it's no wonder this game has been and continues to roll down hill as a giant turd driven by fanboying dung beetles.
    I think the problem is the end game focus that we have now. We're so concerned with racing to cap to have fun when fun should be in every aspect of the game. You shouldn't want to race to cap because leveling is boring. You should want to be out there leveling, meeting other people, getting upgrades, running dungeons that take time and effort but grant great rewards and compelling story content. Everything is about the capped content now and the game is worse for it is all.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I'm the only one who thinks that having almost the same gear from 1 to 90 level is kinda monotonic?
    Guys, I just had a totally original thought that no one has ever said about heirlooms in the past 7ish years they've been out! - OP.

Other than that, the usual response works here. If you don't like heirlooms, do not use them. I've done it a few times and around level 40 it gets boring. The leveling isn't a challenge so even in subpar gear you're killing things within 3-5 gcds.

How about no.
    How about you remove yourself from this game.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Why is it that every time someone doesn't like something, they think they need removing? If you don't like them, don't fucking use them! If anything, I'd buff their exp gain and stats, and make them capable of turning their buffs on and off.
    Why is it every time someone disagrees with somebody else, they have to be an ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    yes, good idea, heirlooms are boring af
    just make the xp boost optional
    Newsflash: It IS optional. Don't fucking wear them. Jesus Christ people - it's not hard to grasp that concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Newsflash: It IS optional. Don't fucking wear them. Jesus Christ people - it's not hard to grasp that concept.
    U didnt even read op did u?
    I am talking about making his solution optional

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Just like don't use flying mounts if you don't want to, right?

It is you that is unable to grasp something.