Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    One does not have to have bought the game it to know it's shit. It's just HotS in a sci-fi package.
    Alright, let's call everything shit without having any kind of insight. You seriously want people to take you seriously after spewing that kind of bile and no arguments whatsoever?

Have a nice day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    If there's little skill involved, the why would we care about your rank? Clearly you just stumbled into it by chance, right?
    The skill cap is really low, it's easy to get high only by knowing what to do on the maps and by decision making. The mechanical skill needed is really low.

I would get destroyed by pros on lol or Dota yet on hots I met some of them in ranked mode and I probably won 50/50....there isn't much hand eye coordination needed.

Same thing with overwatch, you need to aim of course but the difference between a good player and an average one is much smaller. And you can just chain the ultimates without basically any mechanical skill, just like hots.

These are games meant to cater to everyone to maximize money, everyone needs to win. So you get heroes with shotguns and big hit boxes, abilities where you don't need to aim, grenades spam which requires no skill at all etc.

Casual games for the masses.

Deleted
    Quite the opposite - I'm happy I didn't waste my time & money on the latest Blizz steaming pile from the Blizz carnival barkers.

It's funny to see people defend their own gullibility.
    Holy shit man.
    You just beat quite a few of the saddest people I met online. I think you are now the Number one.
    You finally achieved something in your life.
    Good job.
    Proud of you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post
    The skill cap is really low, it's easy to get high only by knowing what to do on the maps and by decision making. The mechanical skill needed is really low.

I would get destroyed by pros on lol or Dota yet on hots I met some of them in ranked mode and I probably won 50/50....there isn't much hand eye coordination needed.

Same thing with overwatch, you need to aim of course but the difference between a good player and an average one is much smaller. And you can just chain the ultimates without basically any mechanical skill, just like hots.

These are games meant to cater to everyone to maximize money, everyone needs to win. So you get heroes with shotguns and big hit boxes, abilities where you don't need to aim, grenades spam which requires no skill at all etc.

And the problem is ... what exactly?
    Its a game accessible for more then the 1% of the gaming community.. how does that hurt you in any possible way?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post

Am I the only one who does not see a problem with this?

I actually just want to have a fun time with my friends after a long day at the office. Is feeling this way wrong?

I think Overwatch sucks the big D.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Co-Founder of www.classicwow.live
    Co-Author of the Navak & Egregious 1-60 Horde & Alliance Leveling Guide
    Discord: Egregious#7439
    Twitch
    YouTube

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    What the fuck is with people calling dissenters old? That's the second time I've seen this today.
    Die hard Blizzard enthusiasts... you can't have a dissenting opinion.

In fact it doesn't even matter if CLEARLY state in your post that "this is my opinion" these mother fuckers will try and hang you out to dry. Like it, nay love it or STFU!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post

In fact it doesn't even matter if CLEARLY state in your post that "this is my opinion" these mother fuckers will try and hang you out to dry. Like it, nay love it or STFU!
    Shut up you hag!

Just fucking around, your duck sig is amazing.

I played allot during the beta, and I must say, It's an OK game. It would of been better suited to being a F2P game though. Personally, I don't think it's worth money - atleast not £40. I could buy 8 games for that that I would consider "better". Free + micro transactions is the better way to go with games like this. If I'd of payed £40 for Overwatch I'd feel compelled to play it, even if I wasn't enjoying it..

I found it online on a CD Key site for £23, still not worth that for me.

Less that they are "Die Hard Blizzard Enthusiasts" and more that they are on a hobby fan site.

Fans (in general) are there to share a common interest, have fun, and enjoy what they have going for them. They want to share their enthusiasm for something with others. You don't see a forum on "Art & Painting" with posts like "Acrylic paints are for fucking casuals" - you'd be banned and thrown out immediately for being a giant douchenozzle.

Nobody is going to actively seek out a forum on their passion, read a dissenting forum post, and then go "Yeah, I guess you're right - my hobby is dumb and I should quit it."

Does it surprise anyone that FANS of a something will defend their fandom?

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyvah View Post

I mean, congratulations? What's the real goal here? Are you focused on making sure other people feel sad about their choices? Are you angling to feel superiority over these people? Are you frustrated with your own life choices, and want to take it out on other people? Do you simply enjoy creating controversy or riling people up? Is it an ego thing?
    None of the above, but thanks for playing.

It might do some good if, instead of blindly whipping out their wallets for anything with a 'Blizzzrd' logo on it, people would stop and think then reject their shitty offerings and demand better from them. There's the small chance that we might get better games but realistically, even that is a slim hope since Blizz is too far into the corporate rabbit hole now.

Legion will be further proof of that. After losing millions of subs to the point that they won't publish sub numbers anymore, they're just doubling down on yet more garbage, and relying on their paid spin-meisters to hype it enough to get initial sales. Blizz knows they still have enough addicts left with a lot of time & money into their WoW toons that they'll hate to finally give up on them - and they'll fanboy right to the bitter end.

GG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    If that's the case, then you should have no issues at all competing professionally and winning money, no?

I mean, what you're saying leaves only two options:

1) The game is so mindless that any random can just play at the "top levels".

2) You're actually secretly a prodigy and the game is just THAT easy for you, but not everyone.

So in either case, you're basically as good as any pro player already. Further, apparently no team is better than any other! The fact that many of the same teams excel and win at the professional level COULD be a factor of selection - as a large chunk of it is in Hearthstone - but that just seems unlikely.

Joking aside, you just sound like one of many who - after deciding they don't like something - feel the need to try to downplay something about the game. Kinda like all those people who say, "Fighting games? Those are just random button mashing, anyone can do that!" or "Starcraft? That's just memorizing build orders, anyone can do that!"
    Going pro playing hots? I have a real job, I don't need to turn my free time into a job too.

The hots scene is pathetic, there aren't even many teams since not many people play it. I got to like 3.8k mmr on hots, it's just about drafting and knowing what to do, you don't need to last hit, you don't need to lane, you have a lot of vision and everything is predictable, there are no items but only talents (always the same build with little differences) and the games are short (15-20 minutes most of the times).

Dumbed down games to let everyone play them. You can't even react to skills on overwatch thanks to the terrible netcode and the large hitboxes, even if you dodge you get killed anyway.

Deleted
    Less that they are "Die Hard Blizzard Enthusiasts" and more that they are on a hobby fan site.

Fans (in general) are there to share a common interest, have fun, and enjoy what they have going for them. They want to share their enthusiasm for something with others. You don't see a forum on "Art & Painting" with posts like "Acrylic paints are for fucking casuals" - you'd be banned and thrown out immediately for being a giant douchenozzle.

Nobody is going to actively seek out a forum on their passion, read a dissenting forum post, and then go "Yeah, I guess you're right - my hobby is dumb and I should quit it."

I absolutely agree with you.
    I just do not understand why these people are still here. I can't understand their logic behind their constant bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account

Well first this is primarily a WoW fansite, not a Blizzard fansite.

Second, the OP clearly stated his opinions.

Third, there is nothing to defend. The very fact that any fan would feel they need to defend the game speaks volumes of you and others being completely out of touch with reality.

I love chocolate, but if someone else didn't like it and expressed that I wouldn't get angry and then begin a dissertation on why chocolate is awesome, and haters are plebes.

This is your official reality check! Get a grip.

It might do some good if, instead of blindly whipping out their wallets for anything with a 'Blizzzrd' logo on it, people would stop and think then reject their shitty offerings and demand better from them. There's the small chance that we might get better games but realistically, even that is a slim hope since Blizz is too far into the corporate rabbit hole now.

Legion will be further proof of that. After losing millions of subs to the point that they won't publish sub numbers anymore, they're just doubling down on yet more garbage, and relying on their paid spin-meisters to hype it enough to get initial sales. Blizz knows they still have enough addicts left with a lot of time & money into their WoW toons that they'll hate to finally give up on them - and they'll fanboy right to the bitter end.

GG.
    So... why did you buy WoD if you detest the company?
    And aren't you grouped right in there with the idiots "blindly whipping out their wallets" and "addicts left with a lot of time & money into their WoW toons"?

Looking at your WoW character's activity feed you've been playing:
    1 day ago
    2 days ago
    4 days ago
    5/29
    5/27
    5/26
    5/23
    5/22
    5/19
    5/18
    5/16
    5/15
    5/14
    5/13

So... how are you not one of those addicts?

GG.
    The people who played hours and hours of (free) beta and enjoyed the game, then bought it on release must have been "blindly whipping out their wallets"

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    When's the last time you played an FPS 5-7 hours a day (which is I'm assuming what you've been spending on Overwatch) for months on end, nonstop?
    About 10-15 years ago: Quake 3 Arena and UT2004.

Those were my tournament days before e-sports was a thing. Anybody go to the midwest finals at Mall of America and Chicago? I sure did, but there wasn't announcers like today, twitch, hype, or any of that.

Anyway, Overwatch is great and I love playing. I had hoped to dust off the feathers and play competitively if at all possible, but I don't think I want to put in the work to get to that level with this game. Q3A and UT2004 are mechanically superior to OW and those games are 15 years old.

Overwatch is a crapton of fun, no doubt, but it's got a lot of work to do to get on the level of the real competitive shooter.

Deleted

Third, there is nothing to defend. The very fact that any fan would feel they need to defend the game speaks volumes of you and others being completely out of touch with reality.

I love chocolate, but if someone else didn't like it and expressed that I wouldn't get angry and then begin a dissertation on why chocolate is awesome, and haters are plebes.

And why do you feel the need to go onto a forum for a game you officially hate (not sure if you do, just know a few people in this post do) to shit on other people's enjoyment that come here to discuss the game they enjoy playing?
    What good actually comes out of pissing on other peoples fun?
    The constant flow of toxic shit that comes out of the finger tips of some of these people is just depressing.
    It does no good except make them feel good about them selfs.
    This whole forum is full of constant whining of babies how they don't like the game instead of actually discussing fun things (which we were doing here in the OW forum till Kelliak and this dwarf showed up with their shit).

Messy chain of logic.
    This is an Overwatch forum, so it's likely to attract people who... well play Overwatch. Otherwise - why are you here?

OP stated his opinions, and they're valid and great. I offer no vitriol against him. I do however, question the posters in this chain who have not played the game, but still trash talk it. I mean, what's a valid response to that? I guess you could go with "Well I've never met you, but you're an awful person".

I don't go out of my way to shit on other people's hobbies. You won't find me, for example, on the Hearthstone forum blasting it. I didn't enjoy the game, so I moved on rather than create some ridiculous crusade.

The reality check is people aren't going to welcome you with open arms when you attack their hobby. They're going to show you the door.

balance passes? some are coming for McCree and D.Va

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    So... why did you buy WoD if you detest the company?
    And aren't you grouped right in there with the idiots "blindly whipping out their wallets" and "addicts left with a lot of time & money into their WoW toons"?

Looking at your WoW character's activity feed you've been playing:
    1 day ago
    2 days ago
    4 days ago
    5/29
    5/27
    5/26
    5/23
    5/22
    5/19
    5/18
    5/16
    5/15
    5/14
    5/13

So... how are you not one of those addicts?
    Actually, I left shortly into 5.4 because of the cheating I saw that wasn't being addressed and the unnecessary nerfs to my spec. I had a year or so out of the game before that as well. As I posted earlier, I didn't come back until WoD was $12.50 last Dec., even then I had played F2P for awhile and bought a month with a token before buying WoD. Mainly to support my twinks with my main so when I unsub I can F2P them. I'd say that's far from being a WoW addict.

Then I saw that the cheating/botting/scripters have become rampant in WoD, even worse than in MoP. I thought $12.50 was too much for WoD. The entire Battle Chest should be on the Steam $4.99 bargain list.

No, I won't be playing after Legion.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-06-08 at 04:17 PM.