Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    ...Which was irrelevant and makes no sense. Who the fuck argues that ultimates aren't cheap? They very clearly are. That's the entire FUCKING POINT of them.
    Most people would not consider something that everyone gets and can use and can be countered "cheap". It's like calling a forward pass in football "cheap". It's just part of the game and everyone can do it. It's not unfair in any way.
    Beta Club Brosquad

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveh View Post
    lucio doing sick wallriding and killing/saving people.
    Boop gun half the team off a ledge
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Most people would not consider something that everyone gets and can use and can be countered "cheap". It's like calling a forward pass in football "cheap". It's just part of the game and everyone can do it. It's not unfair in any way.
    ...My god. I have encountered the online equivalent of a brick wall.

...My god. I have encountered the online equivalent of a brick wall.
    Nah, you're just mad because you are trying really hard to get people to agree that Overwatch is cheap because you don't like strategy in your competitive online shooters. Probably the only person I've ever encountered that thinks finding and attacking an opponent's weakness is "cheap".
    Beta Club Brosquad

Nah, you're just mad because you are trying really hard to get people to agree that Overwatch is cheap because you don't like strategy in your competitive online shooters. Probably the only person I've ever encountered that thinks finding and attacking an opponent's weakness is "cheap".
    Not cheap, just poor design when it's the end all and be all of a game and teamwork takes a backseat.

Not cheap, just poor design when it's the end all and be all of a game and teamwork takes a backseat.
    Except it doesn't.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    The system doesn't give your earnings until the scorescreen pops up
    That is completely untrue. You are awarded your Experience points right away as soon as the game slows to a halt and the Victory or Defeat screen pop up.

Also, if you leave at that point you shouldn't trigger the 'Leaving too often' system.
    Last edited by kyuka; 2016-06-08 at 04:01 PM.

Except it doesn't.
    We'll have to agree to disagree, you're not fucking changing my mind here simply by reiterating the exact opposite.

We'll have to agree to disagree, you're not fucking changing my mind here simply by reiterating the exact opposite.
    Ok bye you'll be missed deeply, enjoy your CS:GO
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Excuse Blizzard for not hiring a commentator for all your games so he could replay your flanks to highlight to the enemy team how you totally outsmarted them with your superior map knowledge. PotG only takes numbers in consideration, and it's impossible to make it any different. They could change the algorithms so that support actions get more value than they currently do, but it still won't change the core of the system - it is all about numbers, not about outplays. Outplays often link to higher numbers, though.
    it really shouldn't be that hard for the game to monitor how quickly an objective was captured after a play

its one thing to just kill a few players. it is another entirely to kill 4 players and immediately capture an objective with no resistance, resulting in a victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveh View Post
    I would rather watch hanzo do 1v5 with bow only at melee range or lucio doing sick wallriding and killing/saving people.

Rather than watching S76 popping his aimbot on and killing 4 people, it was interesting and cool at the beta and such, but now its just plain boring.

Press Q for PotG
    thatd be a valid argument if S76 was immune to a lot of damage while tactical visor was active, but he still has to get out into the brush and use his ability intelligently.

He is easy to be shut down by heroes like Pharah, Widowmaker and a well positioned bastion. Flanking is a big part of the game. A lot of teams I play for only succeed because of the holes I make in an offense for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahkhun View Post
    This is a total troll thread lol.

How can anyone actually be this self absorbed.
    If you read closely enough you can see that I would like an option to skip POTG entirely and I am actually just stating why I think it's a boring feature and how it could be improved.

But excuse me for thinking everyone deserves to know I just fucked the other team and won the game for us over Torbjorn getting a multikill because people are stupid and think they can ignore well positioned turret on a choke point.

alright. they should give a death montage instead, where everyone gets to see how you died.

if you got a particularly poor potg, it means no one else even did anything better. you included.

Ok bye you'll be missed deeply, enjoy your CS:GO
    Blocked. I'm tired of arguing with people that devolve the conversation into utter tripe.

Blocked. I'm tired of arguing with people that devolve the conversation into utter tripe.
    God forbid anyone else like this game.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    it really shouldn't be that hard for the game to monitor how quickly an objective was captured after a play

its one thing to just kill a few players. it is another entirely to kill 4 players and immediately capture an objective with no resistance, resulting in a victory.
    Oh, I get what you mean. I had plenty of situations where I really dominated the enemies, but I wasn't getting 4 kills within 10 seconds. Instead, I might get 5-6 over 20-30 seconds, making a huge dent in the opponents' team and opening up objectives. It would be PotG if this was done on a broadcasted competitive match, where time window wouldn't have mattered. But it's not PotG in casual play, simply because it takes too long. I think PotG can't be longer than 10 seconds, so the person who gets the most virtual points during those 10 second windows are awarded with it. I have learnt to live with it and don't get mad when a McCree gets PotG for scoring 2 kills with ulti when I had 4 kills within 20 seconds, effectively winning a game. I just accept that the points gain spike wasn't high enough for the game to detect my play as PotG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That would be awful in my opinion.

Sure, some are boring, but it's still interesting to see most. And there is a point, to acknowledge other player's accomplishments (Although I would say getting PotG/Commendations should score you bonus exp.)
    so you say u wanna give Bastion players exp boost ya?

Games don't often last more than 10 minutes. Hard to actually pull a good potg every game with a fairly small sample. The algorithm for picking them does seem a little fucky sometimes, but it is a computer picking them not an actual human.

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    so you say u wanna give Bastion players exp boost ya?
    While I get the joke, Bastion PotGs are more reliant on the other team giving the Bastion the PotG than most.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    While I get the joke, Bastion PotGs are more reliant on the other team giving the Bastion the PotG than most.
    "Of course! Another friggen Bastion potg!"
    -> me, "Well stop feeding him his potg."

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    80% of the time it's just skill-less tunnel vision or just fucking w/ people

i win a game with a super clutch play and i dont even get commendations. I made the enemy sniper cry like a little bitch. I flanked the fuck out of a bastion who thought he could play that turret bullshit with me. i clinched the game winning play through a shadow of doubt. but this asshole dwarf with his turrets gets potg

its like kill 4 people in 10 seconds and you got potg

so wack

i'd rather not have to watch another Skillzo dragon flying through a wall or any crap like bastion shooting fish in a barrel.
    Long story short, you cannot make an algorithm that can perfectly analyze an entire game from every person's perspective and perfectly pick out the best play every time. The algorithm is actually pretty impressive if you ask me. If you know ways to program the algorithm to include certain types of plays without throwing tons of false flags at bad plays, I'm sure blizz would love to hear it!

In the end, it's just a fun thing to hopefully capture an awesome moment in the game. It's not something to worry about, get invested in, or mad about, and it's certainly not going to be perfect every time. Just watch it, maybe have a laugh, maybe occasionally be impressed, but either way it's done in about 15 seconds, so hey, so try to not let it bother you when the imperfections and limitations of programming show their head.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2016-06-08 at 09:28 PM.

Is it because you never get it so you're salty?