Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    "Wow guys don't listen to RT and Metacritic, the critics don't know anything"

Score starts to go up.

"Wow guys check out the score on RT and Metacritic, this is awesome"
    Said no one ever.

Deleted

Score starts to go up.

Amazing how some people have the power of failed assumptions.

Here is the Turkish Box Office *still within the first week, was released 3rd of June.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    Awesome review from Beyond the Trailer!

As she says: just go along the ride! Again she also thinks some of the actors were miscasts...

Eh... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Am I the only one who really liked Khadgar?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    No,he was one of my favorites in the movie and i have seen many other also liking him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, found him to be one of the better parts of the the movie, but i understand why others might have had a problem with him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Well, my take on it.

Scenery. Some of it was good but some was off putting. Case in point, the entire surprise attack in Elwynn Forest. The orcs looked good. The humans were terribly mixed in and the back dropped looked nearly fake with little depth to it. I was disappointed at many of those forest shots. There was something very “off” about them through the movie.
    Weird, considering they actually built Elwynn Forest as a set.

And then my pet peeve of how little demons were involved for a story that was supposed to be the beginning. What little was there was barely explained other than fel with was pretty bad. No mention of the orcs drinking the demons blood and how that affected nearly all the orcs before they came through the portal. It set the stage for damn near all orcs for years to come as well as what they did once through the portal. Through all the changes to lore and omissions, they made sure the human possessed by a demon was in though. I found that retention of lore strange. Why was it not just fel? For me it all seemed done to reduce just how demon influenced the orcs were at that time. Which leads me to…
    The influence of the demons on the orcs wasn't revealed until [I]Warcraft II[/I], and the specific demon blood corruption wasn't revealed until [I]Warcraft III[/I]. However, Medivh being a warlock was always a pretty big deal, and Medivh being the Avatar of Sargeras was retconned into being a really big deal over time so they really needed to include it.

If they get to do a sequel, that's probably when they would start to incorporate the Burning Legion in a more obvious way, and perhaps offer a flashback to show the drinking of Mannoroth's blood. For the time being, I think that would be way too much to cram into a movie that already had to be cut down heavily to make a 120 minute runtime.

Nope, him and Garona was my favorite characters of the movie, and that counts for both their acting AND script.

Durotan is also very high on my list, don't think I dislike Durotan! Durosenpai!

It's not that with a 16% RT is a bad site and with a 60% it's a good site.
    RT remains a thing that is rarely reliable to judge a movie, but if it goes to 60% I'm happy because there are many people who think RT is reliable and a reason to go see a movie if the score is Fresh

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account

Score starts to go up.

I stopped caring about the reviews on RT and Metacritic after the first ones came out.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2016-06-08 at 06:03 PM.

I just saw the movie and I must say I am neither disappointed nor impressed.

The good:

- The CGI is really impressive (orcs look fantastic although Garona is kinda meh imo)
    - All the elements of the movie (weaponry, armors, scenarios, etc.) are really really well done.
    - There are many nods that only people who have played the game will know.
    - The are some incoherences in the story but ultimately it makes sense.

The Bad:

- One of the things that really bothered me is that the movie felt very rushed.
    - Draka could have used more love. The draka of the movie looks nothing like the badass she is in the game.
    - Final fight between humans and orcs is underwhelming and clunky.

6.5/10 IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    the movie was pretty average. not great, not bad - just average. it had some great moments but it also had waaaay more serious flaws unfortunately..........................
    the curse isn't broken and honestly you are delusional if you think it is. this is a fucking great movie only for fans and a very average movie for non fans (granted it was also great for a number of people that have no idea about warcraft but just because some of your friends or family loved it doesn't mean that everyone thinks like that).

but try to see the bigger view. the majority of reviewers and simple people (including maaany famous youtubers with tons of thousands if not million of followers) found it VERY average and not what they expected for. there are some good reviews but it's the minority, really.....

the numbers speak of themselves. it's not the next lotr. you all wanted this to be a big success like lotrs. all of you wished it, all of you wanted it dearly. including me. but we failed. admit it and get over it. we.failed.hard. AND I SAY THIS WITH A DEEP SADNESS. duncan jones won't dare to make a next warcraft film if he cares about his career after his name got so many negativity with this film.

I am not enjoying what is happening but it's the bloody truth people.
    To be honest, the curse is broken. This movie was decent and an enjoyable experience. If it takes a new LotR or Godfather to break the curse, then yeah the curse will stay in place forever.

Reviewers try to take a very critical look at a movie and pick apart everything. An average movie-goer isn't going to look at whether people were cast well or not. They just care whether they were entertained or not.

The numbers speak for themselves? The movie is doing really well financially, and that's what matters in the end. Nobody expected a new LotR. People who were expecting that are delusional. Warcraft is far more over-the-top than LotR which is way more subtle with its fantasy, which means it's a lot harder to get the same level of quality as LotR. Especially when you consider the story they picked (start of first war).

But there was.
    The 1989 Batman movie was pretty good. That being said there were a bunch of epic fail superhero movies in the 90's-00's, but superhero movies had a handful of decent ones long before Spiderman and Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Weird, considering they actually built Elwynn Forest as a set.

Probably why it didn't mesh well with what was going on. It had little to no depth. It was like watcching a stage play with a solid 2D backgroud and they CGI the stuff to come out of it. I didn't care for it.

The influence of the demons on the orcs wasn't revealed until [I]Warcraft II[/I], and the specific demon blood corruption wasn't revealed until [I]Warcraft III[/I]. However, Medivh being a warlock was always a pretty big deal, and Medivh being the Avatar of Sargeras was retconned into being a really big deal over time so they really needed to include it.

Oh yes, lets not change the lore to show the orcs in all their demon filled glory because of the game. Lets stick to that part as much as we can. Unlike the book which let you know upfront what the demon involvement was. Lets not show that because movies change things. It's warped dichotomy.

I have no doubt in my mind after watching this movie why it was left out and I explained it. This was an orc movie and everything was done to change or omit as needed to make sure the stereotype of orcs was changed in the bulk of peoples minds. Screw the rest, make sure orcs are seen as better except a few. The bulk need to be accepted. It left a screwed up version of orcs that just isn't true nor one I can enjoy for the time in the beginning. There is so much redemption in orcs story from what they were to finally getting out from under demons. Demons started it all for orcs. It needed to start and be shown "in the beginning" and they failed to pull it off. It's a major story point for orcs left out. I didn't care for how they did it.

If they get to do a sequel, that's probably when they would start to incorporate the Burning Legion in a more obvious way, and perhaps offer a flashback to show the drinking of Mannoroth's blood. For the time being, I think that would be way too much to cram into a movie that already had to be cut down heavily to make a 120 minute runtime.
    We might get a sequel but not a chance in hell will we see demon blood drinking in any manner. That will be washed away and turned into fel "reasons" of some sort. I would actually bet money on that. You will never see demon blood drinking.

I do agree that there is a good bit to cram in and I have said. I never expected it all to be in there but less than 2-3 mins of mannoroth giving gul'dan the blood and Gul'dan securing the orcs for the demons through the drinking would have tied medivh and his possession back to the orcs and why he was opening the portal to start with and making that connection. The kingpins behind the it all. Seen rarely but the ultimate evil and planners of it all. A much better tie in than the poor writing we got and the even worse fel explanation.
    Last edited by quras; 2016-06-08 at 06:11 PM.

Just realized Warcraft did in one day in China more than Pacific Rim did in its first 7 days in China

I like this one:
    [Patton] is stuck here playing Garona, ... who's ... in essence, domesticated by the humans. This puts Patton in the unenviable position of having to portray her character as a sort-of savage initially, which triggers all kinds of uncomfortable racist associations... --Tim Grierson
    Glad someone else noticed that, even after me.

Please also note, that in order to get "fresh" review on RT the rating should be 5/10 or more. If 80% of critics rate it 0 to 4/10, that means there is a rat somewhere.
    Last edited by Tackhisis; 2016-06-08 at 06:39 PM.

Deleted
    Someone made this

Nice!!!
    Now GIVE US STARCRAFT!!!

and Diablo (hopefully PG 18 Horror)

some interview

Travis Fimmel, Ben Foster Didn’t Play Video Game Before ‘Warcraft’ | TODAY

TODAY
    Jun 8, 2016

One of the most anticipated summer blockbusters got its start as a widely popular video game featuring a battle between humans and giant orcs. Despite not playing the game, actors Travis Fimmel and Ben Foster learned their roles from director Duncan Jones, who played “World of Warcraft” for years before writing the script.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I like this one:
    Glad someone else noticed that, even after me.

Please also note, that in order to get "fresh" review on RT the rating should be 5/10 or more. If 80% of critics rate it 0 to 4/10, that means there is a rat somewhere.
    It's actually 60%, camrip troll. And "fresh" or "rotten" doesn't have nothing to do with the score, a 3/5 can be consider either fresh or rotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    It's actually 60%, camrip troll.
    Yeah, there's a 3/5 on RT, but it's counted as rotten...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    Yeah, there's a 3/5 on RT, but it's counted as rotten...
    Exactly. And there is a 5/10 counted as fresh.