Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Less XP is a terrible way to punish people. Casual friendly, but terrible for those that try to win, but the team falls apart because people AFK during important times, and you go with one man less, struggling to win. And the people can keep AFKing if they want, they just get less XP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post

If you leave when your character is playable, you get the penalty, I could easily show you a screenshot with proof.
    Then your experience differs from mine. I have never gotten any warning or penalty for leaving before the match officially starts (the doors open).

And it should apply to ranked because not everyone in ranked will be in a full premade (contrary to what you might think) and I would rather not have people who have shown themselves to not be a team player solo queueing just to leave mid match. Sure its just QM now, but it clearly shows a pattern of behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Here's a thought: Don't be a toxic baby, and just suck it up and try? There are more than "Leave or be a huge asshole" here for options.
    Why is it so bad I leave before the game starts? Enlighten me?

And why do I have to suck it up, and not the mouth breather Hanzo who's playing him because he loves ramen and he yells things in some asian language that remind him of his favorite chinese cartoon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the amount of players that pick Hanzo just because he's a cool character is rather staggering and rarely do they play well.

Again I don't leave games mid match, only before the gates open and I still believe it's better than having to deal with me already giving up and being toxic the entire game.
    Look I can't tell you how to play the game, all i'm saying is that even the most elite of the elite in this game deal with some people who are trying new things out, or just having 'fun'. Stop trying to take this game so seriously and challenge yourself, try to see if you can make up the difference. As stated before, this isn't Competitive mode, so taking this game serious isn't going to net you anything. for that matter, people who take this game too seriously, shouldn't. There is no reward for being the best.

I don't mean to sound like a hard ass, but more and more people are under this mentality that, "If I can't have fun, no one should." If you are familiar with how the matchmaking system works, then you'll understand that leaving a game during at all, screws over your team, regardless if they can find a +1 before the game starts. The matchmaking system works where it pairs up the two teams based on character stats. So if you're as good as you say you are, where you can't be bothered to be in a team with people 'goofing' around, and you leave, the opposite team still has that person who is of equal your skill. The filler person isn't picked based on their skill or anything, it's just to pull someone in. So while you think you aren't hurting, you actually are, and I wish the penalty was stronger for people who do that.

If you don't want to hurt your team, leave during the stats part. the team will more than likely get re-balanced to be more fair.

- - - Updated - - -

And why do I have to suck it up, and not the mouth breather Hanzo who's playing him because he loves ramen and he yells things in some asian language that remind him of his favorite chinese cartoon.
    With this comment, you prove nothing about your maturity, but about how immature you are, I hope someone from the forums bans you for your racist mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeleNC View Post
    Look I can't tell you how to play the game, all i'm saying is that even the most elite of the elite in this game deal with some people who are trying new things out, or just having 'fun'. Stop trying to take this game so seriously and challenge yourself, try to see if you can make up the difference. As stated before, this isn't Competitive mode, so taking this game serious isn't going to net you anything. for that matter, people who take this game too seriously, shouldn't. There is no reward for being the best.

I don't mean to sound like a hard ass, but more and more people are under this mentality that, "If I can't have fun, no one should." If you are familiar with how the matchmaking system works, then you'll understand that leaving a game during at all, screws over your team, regardless if they can find a +1 before the game starts. The matchmaking system works where it pairs up the two teams based on character stats. So if you're as good as you say you are, where you can't be bothered to be in a team with people 'goofing' around, and you leave, the opposite team still has that person who is of equal your skill. The filler person isn't picked based on their skill or anything, it's just to pull someone in. So while you think you aren't hurting, you actually are, and I wish the penalty was stronger for people who do that.

If you don't want to hurt your team, leave during the stats part. the team will more than likely get re-balanced to be more fair.

- - - Updated - - -

With this comment, you prove nothing about your maturity, but about how immature you are, I hope someone from the forums bans you for your racist mindset.
    Breh you need some thicker skin.

I also wasn't aware that that's how matchmaking works, guess people are gonna have to stop goofing off or suck it up and wait for their 6th.

10+ Year Old Account
    AFAIK, besides the reduced xp, it also counts as a loss if the match has started when you leave. So if you care about your MMR or your W:L ratio, you probably don't want to leave so much.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

It's not too hard to avoid the penalty. It actually warns you when you are at risk of getting the debuff, so stay I sit out those games and leave the next

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    AFAIK, besides the reduced xp, it also counts as a loss if the match has started when you leave. So if you care about your MMR or your W:L ratio, you probably don't want to leave so much.
    Doesn't count as a loss.

Triple checked this multiple times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It's not too hard to avoid the penalty. It actually warns you when you are at risk of getting the debuff, so stay I sit out those games and leave the next
    I mean I could just play on America and not worry about it and have it drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't count as a loss.

Triple checked this multiple times.
    Then it sounds like you already know the answer to the question so I'm not quite sure I understand why you asked?

| twitch | bsky
    |

Then it sounds like you already know the answer to the question so I'm not quite sure I understand why you asked?
    They wanted to make sure it won't effect ranked in any way is what it sounds like, but I don't think we can know until ranked comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    So you want to be able to leave a match and fuck over your team because people aren't playing how you want it to be played?

Stop leaving matches dipshit. Not that difficult.
    Just playing devils advocate, but playing with morons is a tough pill to swallow.

I've seen 2 torbs on attack and defensive teams with zero support and no tanks.

Because the amount of players that pick Hanzo just because he's a cool character is rather staggering and rarely do they play well.

Again I don't leave games mid match, only before the gates open and I still believe it's better than having to deal with me already giving up and being toxic the entire game.
    Its called not being a punk bitch and playing the game like a decent player. If you dont think competitive play will have 2 of a class in one group HO HO HOOOOO are you in for a rude awakening.
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

Why is everyone upset if someone leaves before a match begins? There is a full 60 seconds and it gets back filled instantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overw...4615302#post-2

"Leaver's Penalty:
    -75% experience
    Lasts until you are above 90% game completion over the last 20 games."

I'm really tired of waiting a minute, getting into a game only to read DEFEAT and have to wait through all the other bullshit. Stop leaving at the very end of games.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    I'm really tired of waiting a minute, getting into a game only to read DEFEAT and have to wait through all the other bullshit. Stop leaving at the very end of games.
    No one in this thread is leaving at the end of games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I leave at the start every single time Hanamura/Volskaya shows up, and I leave when my team picks dumb shit like Hanzo on attack or double snipers on payload pushing.

I always do this at the start of the game, ample time to find another player.
    Umm, nothing wrong with Hanzo on attack. Even though he's labeled defense, his damage is very good. I get gold medals in damage and eliminations on him 90% of the time. Also, his mini Widowmaker ult arrow is pretty useful for the team.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Here's a thought: Don't be a toxic baby, and just suck it up and try? There are more than "Leave or be a huge asshole" here for options.
    If he wants to leave, then let him. People who leave are replaced almost instantly. I'd rather have a salty nerd leave then having them stay and crying the entire match.

Also, it's his $40, he doesn't really owe it to anyone to stick it out and try if he doesn't want to. Let him play the way he wants with his money.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would anyone care about their W/L ratio? Never understood this. Gotta be pretty try-hard to give a damn about this. I leave all the time and don't even know or care what my W/L ratio is. People who take games this serious is what makes me feel we are doomed as a species.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    The penalty is a 75% reduced exp gain, that's it. I'll leave games whenever my team goes full derp, I'll leave if it's a map I don't like, I'll leave if I just feel like getting stuck with a new group of paste eaters.

I don't give a fuck about my teammates, as far as I'm concerned the game is a 1v6 and I've just got five awful bots. It doesn't matter if I try my best or play Symetra on offense, if the team wants to lose they will. So I just play until things go South and move on, I'm not getting a headache because people are stupid. If I want lock boxes I'll buy them.
    This. If in solo queue, couldn't care less. Not about to have 7-10 minutes of my time to play wasted when it can be only 2-3 minutes and then I move on to a game that has a fair chance of winning. Had a game the other day as Attack, on Watchpoint: Gibraltar, last bend before the payload delivery point. Opposing team had 3 bastions set up in crossfire and I was the only one switching characters trying to handle it. Not about to deal with paste-eaters on my team that don't even respond when I provide suggestions on how to move forward and counter the enemy team.
    Last edited by Soulfròst; 2016-06-08 at 08:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Why would anyone care about their W/L ratio? Never understood this. Gotta be pretty try-hard to give a damn about this. I leave all the time and don't even know or care what my W/L ratio is. People who take games this serious is what makes me feel we are doomed as a species.
    People might not directly care or pay attention to their W:L ratio, but they often care about their MMR (which is typically affected by such thing) or how others in-game and on the internet perceive their skill when viewing their statistics on third party sites. They might also care because it makes the game a lot less enjoyable for most people when their losses are dramatically higher than their wins.

It's a little disingenuous to pretend that W:L is totally meaningless. It might not have any obvious, significant impact, but it's still something that affects your play experience and the perception of your skill. In a game where you are playing with eleven other humans (potentially in a competitive, ranked context in the near futgure), I don't think it's unreasonable that people would dislike appearing to be incompetent.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    People might not directly care or pay attention to their W:L ratio, but they often care about their MMR (which is typically affected by such thing) or how others in-game and on the internet perceive their skill when viewing their statistics on third party sites. They might also care because it makes the game a lot less enjoyable for most people when their losses are dramatically higher than their wins.

It's a little disingenuous to pretend that W:L is totally meaningless. It might not have any obvious, significant impact, but it's still something that affects your play experience and the perception of your skill. In a game where you are playing with eleven other humans (potentially in a competitive, ranked context in the near futgure), I don't think it's unreasonable that people would dislike appearing to be incompetent.
    Why though? It's just a game, who cares how anonymous strangers perceive you in a game? Never understood this. Unless you're honestly trying to go for MLG status and get paid to play and start a career in it then it really shouldn't matter.

As for MMR, I'd prefer myself to be put in a lower MMR so I can play against easier teams. Works for me.

Haven't checked my W/L but I'm guessing it's probably not good since I just leave maps I don't like or positions I don't like (like attacking on the Cairo map). Absolutely perfectly fine to me.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Why though? It's just a game, who cares how others perceive you in a game? Never understood this. Unless you're honestly trying to go for MLG status and get paid to play and start a career in it then it really shouldn't matter.

As for MMR, I'd prefer myself to be put in a lower MMR so I can play against easier teams. Works for me.

Haven't checked my W/L but I'm guessing it's probably not good since I just leave maps I don't like or positions I don't like (like attacking on the Cairo map). Absolutely perfectly fine to me.
    Leaving doesn't affect winrate, I doubt it lowers MMR and even then Quick Play MMR is fairly useless.