Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    He deserves more but lets be honest here, it's common to have a reduce sentence for a first time offender.
    are you kidding, if the kid was black he would've gotten 20-40 years tops regardless for a first time offender

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    I didn't compare recidivism rates to reimprisonment rates. I am talking solely about what is known as "Återfall" in Swedish.
    Oh, your usual selective memory again, so predictable based on our previous interactions. Here, let me refresh your memory:

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Look up what death penalty and mandatory minimum sentencing has done for the US, also look up their recitivism rates.

But apparently you are going full sharia. So where do we start the handcutting?

Mods - Infracting shouldn´t remove ½ a post. Despite your puke inducing PC nature.
    Recidivism rates aren't particularly good in Sweden either with people sentenced to prison, you know, despite our lenient sentences.
    No, I don't know why. There's a 65% recidivism rate despite our lenient sentences and them working towards rehabilitation.
    You were blatantly caught out comparing the overall recidivism rates in the US compared to the reimprisonment rates in Sweden. Hint: your lenient sentencing doesn't even result in prison sentences in the first place as 6 months and below get electronic tagging/probation only.

The people getting sentenced to an actual prison term are patently not getting "lenient sentencing".
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Oh please. Money is on that she had consented initially, passed out during, and he didn't realize it. He was also ridiculously drunk at the time too so if you can't be held responsible for sexual decisions while drunk then you can't be held responsible for things you do while drunk to others sexually. He didn't brutalize her. Hell I've passed out during consensual sex before, I guess I should go file rape charges. I've also been probably more than 3 times the legal limit when having sex on multiple occasions and yet I never said I was raped(and in hindsight they were terrible looking and wouldn't have had a chance if I was sober). Victim left with him consenting and passed out and he was too drunk to realize.

And you pulled this from the awesome and flawless source known as your ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh please. Money is on that she had consented initially, passed out during, and he didn't realize it. He was also ridiculously drunk at the time too so if you can't be held responsible for sexual decisions while drunk then you can't be held responsible for things you do while drunk to others sexually. He didn't brutalize her. Hell I've passed out during consensual sex before, I guess I should go file rape charges. I've also been probably more than 3 times the legal limit when having sex on multiple occasions and yet I never said I was raped(and in hindsight they were terrible looking and wouldn't have had a chance if I was sober). Victim left with him consenting and passed out and he was too drunk to realize.
    Is that why he took her behind a dumpster and then ran off when people found him? Sure seems like he knew what he was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by chrykoolaid View Post
    are you kidding, if the kid was black he would've gotten 20-40 years tops regardless for a first time offender
    Because you said so? So every black person who rapes gets 20-40 years, especially their first crime? Yeah you're going to have to prove that bullshit you just said.

That is exactly what happened. The charge was penetration with a foreign object not rape.
    Isn't that rape?

Laws usually don't call things rape or theft, it's more technical

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    The people getting sentenced to an actual prison term are patently not getting "lenient sentencing".
    Yes, they are.

You were blatantly caught out comparing the overall recidivism rates in the US compared to the reimprisonment rates in Sweden.
    Nope. We have a higher reoffending rate on robbery, as an example, than the US does.

Then we have this from the US:

). In a recent U.S. study of 9,691 sex offenders, the sexual recidivism rate was only 5.3% after three years (Langan, Schmitt, & Durose, 2003).
    In Sweden 20% reoffend, that's 4 times as often. How's that for arguing against harsher systems when you get a slap on the wrist here?
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2016-06-08 at 06:46 PM.

i see sex guilt and shame is still well alive here at mmo-c

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Why the fuck would it be? It's pretty close to that scenario. This guy dragged a barely conscious woman away from the party, behind a dumpster, she got blood, bruises and dirt all over her, including her vagina, and from what I understand he didn't only finger her, but inserted objects into her.

And consider this: he was caught doings this, by two strangers, upon which he ran away but was caught. Which means we have NO IDEA how far this might have gone. He may as well raped her with his penis as well, or with a broken bottle, or killed her. Who the fuck knows?

All this behind a dumpster, where he dragged her, so that her own sister (who was searching for her) couldn't find her.

This is definitely a very violent rape, and considering it got stopped in-between, could have gone even worse.
    They reported that he was on top, humping her.

Deleted
    Well, he'll be raped in prison, so an eye for an eye.

6 months of rape seems fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    i see sex guilt and shame is still well alive here at mmo-c
    Mornings wouldn't be complete without it.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

Yes, they are.
    Based on the singular account of someone who is obviously prejudiced and can't even tell the difference between reimprisonment and recividism. Generally, we call this a highly unreliable source, or as a certain website puts in, pants-on-fire

Nope. We have a higher reoffending rate on robbery, as an example, than the US does.
    Because the bar for qualifying for robbery is much lower, just like violent sexual crime is(like any sort of light contact/minor battery is considered "violent" lol). For someone who claims to be abreast of the enforcement in Sweden, you seem rather woefully uneducated about such elementary facts.

In any case, you are making a red herring fallacy - the quotes clearly shown you posting 65%, which is the reimprisonment rate in Sweden, and comparing it to a poster who was talking about the overall recidivism rate in the US. Lying through your teeth as usual.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Deleted
    Based on the singular account of someone who is obviously prejudiced and can't even tell the difference between reimprisonment and recividism. Generally, we call this a highly unreliable source, or as a certain website puts in, pants-on-fire
    So you think 2 years for rape isn't lenient? Fucking lol.

Because the bar for qualifying for robbery is much lower, just like violent sexual crime is(like any sort of light contact/minor battery is considered "violent" lol). For someone who claims to be abreast of the enforcement in Sweden, you seem rather woefully uneducated about such elementary facts.

Sex offenders has 5.3% reoffending rate in USA, 20% in Sweden. Robbers have a 73% reoffending rate here.

So you think 2 years for rape isn't lenient? Fucking lol.

Sex offenders has 5.3% reoffending rate in USA, 20% in Sweden.
    Violent sex offenders. Of which if you read your sources, you would have realized it takes much less to qualify for violent sex crime in Sweden.

But keep comparing apples to oranges, maybe if you keep regurgitating all the debunked bile, it might stick(not).

Deleted
    Violent sex offenders. Of which if you read your sources, you would have realized it takes much less to qualify for violent sex crime in Sweden.
    It doesn't take less to qualify for that.

Also: US rates:
    Released prisoners with the highest re-arrest rates were robbers (70.2%), burglars (74.0%), larcenists (74.6%), motor vehicle thieves (78.8%), those in prison for possessing or selling stolen property (77.4%) and those in prison for possessing, using or selling illegal weapons (70.2%).
    That's not much different from Swedens rates for those criminals.

And if you had actually read the sources, it doesn't state that they are violent sex criminals:

Recidivism of Sex Offenders Released from Prison in 1994 3
    offense was “sexual assault,” defined
    as one of the following:
    1. forcible sexual acts, not amounting
    to intercourse, with a victim of any age,
    2. nonforcible sexual acts with a minor
    (such as statutory rape or incest with a
    minor or fondling), or
    3. nonforcible sexual acts with
    someone unable to give legal or factual
    consent because of mental or physical
    reasons (for example, a mentally ill or
    retarded person or a sedated hospital
    patient).

That's not violent sex offenders. 1/3 of those who were examined are violent sex offenders in it. I think I'm just gonna put you on ignore since you keep not reading sources and misrepresenting shit.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2016-06-08 at 07:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Well, he'll be raped in prison, so an eye for an eye.

6 months of rape seems fine to me.
    Except he's only going to jail from my understanding - He's not going to prison or a penitentiary

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ce-so-unusual/

Here's a snip

So how could Turner, 20, commit a violent crime and get away with what many are calling a slap on the wrist?

To begin: He’s not the first.

About 84 percent of convicted rapists in 2009 were sentenced to prison, according to the most recent BJS analysis of America’s 75 largest counties. Five percent went to jail, which often serves as a more temporary holding space. Eleven percent received probation or “other.”

10+ Year Old Account
    He got 6 months for "only 20 minutes of action", well, there will be plenty of "20 minutes of action" waiting for him in prison.

It doesn't take less to qualify for that.
    Yes, it does. Battery is included for violent sex crimes in Sweden, but generally molest isn't in the US

That's not much different from Swedens rates for those criminals.
    Still dodging with red herring arguments I see, please address this before you go on to regurgitate more misinformation:

In any case, you are making a red herring fallacy - the quotes clearly shown you posting 65%, which is the reimprisonment rate in Sweden, and comparing it to a poster who was talking about the overall recidivism rate in the US. Lying through your teeth as usual.
    I will also requote those 3 posts just in case you somehow conveniently forgotten about them again:

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Look up what death penalty and mandatory minimum sentencing has done for the US, also look up their recitivism rates.

But apparently you are going full sharia. So where do we start the handcutting?

Mods - Infracting shouldn´t remove ½ a post. Despite your puke inducing PC nature.
    Bantokar clearly talking about overall US recidivism rates.

Recidivism rates aren't particularly good in Sweden either with people sentenced to prison, you know, despite our lenient sentences.
    No, I don't know why. There's a 65% recidivism rate despite our lenient sentences and them working towards rehabilitation.
    You clearly comparing them to Sweden's reimprisonment rates. But I know, you are the kind that gets caught out like deer in headlights for making ludicrous statements, but pleads ignorance or innocence all the time. Don't worry, I will just remind you over and over until you remember what you posted, with your own hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't agree with the short sentence, but I'm more appalled by his fathers letter to the court. It was completely ridiculous and painted his son as the traumatized victim... who, by the way, never actually admitted to raping the girl, yet is "deeply affected by his actions that night".
    A lot of this, kid should have gotten a lot more time, but honestly I can see with his shitty father how fucked up he is to do what he did. The father is an awful parent and shares blame with his child for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.