Seeking upgrade advice

I've been interested in upgrading my computer for a little while now, and it looks like I'll be able to this summer. I don't play anything that's super demanding, mostly WoW, but I also play SWTOR, Diablo III, Starcraft II, HotS, and now Overwatch. I do like to turn the settigns as high as I can with what I do play, though. My budget is probably going to be $750-1000, and of course I'd like to come in on the lower end of that if I can.

Here's what I'm working with now:
    http://pcpartpicker.com/list/MBYJxY

The SSD is brand new, I had to replace another that was screwing up. I'd like to keep it and the power supply if possible. I'm not super attached to anything else. I have a mechanical secondary HD and an optical drive as well as peripherals and monitors, but I didn't have the info to add them to the list. I was also figuring on just transferring my current Windows license over to the new machine so I wouldn't have to buy a new copy. It's what I did the last time I rebuilt. Any suggestions on what I should be looking for and where I should be prioritizing?

Quote Originally Posted by Gelhiss View Post
    I've been interested in upgrading my computer for a little while now, and it looks like I'll be able to this summer. I don't play anything that's super demanding, mostly WoW, but I also play SWTOR, Diablo III, Starcraft II, HotS, and now Overwatch. I do like to turn the settigns as high as I can with what I do play, though. My budget is probably going to be $750-1000, and of course I'd like to come in on the lower end of that if I can.

The SSD is brand new, I had to replace another that was screwing up. I'd like to keep it and the power supply if possible. I'm not super attached to anything else. I have a mechanical secondary HD and an optical drive as well as peripherals and monitors, but I didn't have the info to add them to the list. I was also figuring on just transferring my current Windows license over to the new machine so I wouldn't have to buy a new copy. It's what I did the last time I rebuilt. Any suggestions on what I should be looking for and where I should be prioritizing?
    Wait. If the 480x is as good as they claim, get that when it's out. Now is the worst time to upgrade/build, there is so much coming in the coming weeks. WoW is also extremely CPU intensive (not sure about Swtor, but I assume it works similarly) you really want to get the best CPU you can (not necessarily an i7 though)
    There is no denying that Intel CPU's are far superior, frankly, I would suggest going with an i5 6600(k) - Again, you could wait until Zen, but let's face it, that's a gamble given AMD's recent history in the CPU division.

Looks like a pretty solid build. the AMD cpu is fine. A 6600k would be better in my opinion but my mom has a pc built around the FX-6300 runs perfectly fine. I would wait to see the RX-480 (Radeons new gpu) before you buy all of this. It's coming out at the end of the month June 29th I believe.

Okay, so I guess I didn't specify. The list I posted is what's in my current computer, as in, what I am using at this moment. I want to upgrade from that. If there's not really any way I'm going to get appreciable improvement over what I already have, then that would be good info to have too. Sorry for any confusion that resulted, and thanks for the help so far.

Okay here is my suggested build assuming you are going to buy stuff RIGHT NOW it contains your listed parts plus the stuff I changed.. If you want you can switch out the 960 with a MSI gtx 970 100$ more for quite a bit more performance. But I would still wait for the RX 480. The only other thing is your case doesn't have usb-3.0 the motherboard supports it. Not a big deal something to keep in mind.

UPDATE - You aren't doing any heavy video editing right?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($242.81 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($137.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($154.62 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4GB SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card ($193.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($58.89 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Corsair Professional 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
    Total: $863.26
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-08 14:12 EDT-0400
    Last edited by Mythbredor; 2016-06-08 at 06:33 PM.

Correct, no video editing.

Correct, no video editing.
    Right that build is pretty solid. If you have the budget you can look at the 1070-1080. But you aren't playing anything that demands super good gpus. I run overwatch maxed out at 144fps with a 970. the RX-480 should be somewhere along the lines of a 980 for 200$ so it'd probably be best to wait for that.

Much appreciated.