Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    they took lots of ideas from the hero suggestion forum on dota-allstars.com, and then removed that part of the forum before releasing the db years later
    Yep, I heard that contraversy. And now, Riot CEO is doing stupid shit again. I heard LoL is slowly dying, and DotA is successful more than ever. Maybe that's what pisses the fucker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Yep, I heard that contraversy. And now, Riot CEO is doing stupid shit again. I heard LoL is slowly dying, and DotA is successful more than ever. Maybe that's what pisses the fucker.
    Yeah, no. People doing silly things like that is common practice in the business world, specially in unrefined areas like video games. The two games are not in what I would call direct competition anyway.

If Dota and LoL are not in direct competition, what exactly is? Like seriously, I think there are very few matchups where the term is more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    If Dota and LoL are not in direct competition, what exactly is? Like seriously, I think there are very few matchups where the term is more appropriate.
    That shit is often claimed by LoL players. Two games, one is the copy of the other both in the same market, somehow are not in direct competition. I just don't know how...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    That shit is often claimed by LoL players. Two games, one is the copy of the other both in the same market, somehow are not in direct competition. I just don't know how...
    I've never played a single game of LoL, while I've played thousands of hours of dota so please don't generalize. I think due to their release dates and due to the different groups of players enjoying them, they aren't in a deathmatch direct competition. For example if LoL releases some amazing great update tomorrow, will you quit dota2 for it? Will you expect dota 2 to make a reaction to it? Will you even know about it? The answer to all the 3 is no, so hardly a direct competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    I've never played a single game of LoL, while I've played thousands of hours of dota so please don't generalize. I think due to their release dates and due to the different groups of players enjoying them, they aren't in a deathmatch direct competition. For example if LoL releases some amazing great update tomorrow, will you quit dota2 for it? Will you expect dota 2 to make a reaction to it? Will you even know about it? The answer to all the 3 is no, so hardly a direct competition.
    Funny thing is, a recent LoL change caused a migration of players to Dota 2...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullfu View Post
    Ah the joy of Day 1 of the Manila Major main event! Both EG and Secret knocked out. Wtf was up with their play anyway? They were both playing like a pub team, especially Secret....felt like there was no communication and definitely no co-ordination.
    Puppey basically said there's zero teamwork on Secret, in a recent interview. He's just sitting back and biding his time. I think he figures they'll lose a couple tournaments, get rid of the problem players, and then they can focus on rebuilding.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Did immortal 2 and 3 come out at the same time last year. I want my hats damnit

The Na'vi v Alliance hype was real. Alliance pretty much threw game 2 when they had it in the bag and it seems like they were too tilted to perform well in game 3. The viewership numbers though....

Funny thing is, a recent LoL change caused a migration of players to Dota 2...
    Out of curiosity, what one would that be? I've been fooling around with LoL here and there recently with my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Out of curiosity, what one would that be? I've been fooling around with LoL here and there recently with my friend.
    Well, going by reddit's shitstorm LoL did something to the queues or something. I won't pretend to have actually cared for details, but apparently it's driven a migration of players to Dota.

Well, going by reddit's shitstorm LoL did something to the queues or something. I won't pretend to have actually cared for details, but apparently it's driven a migration of players to Dota.
    From what I gathered, LoL removed solo-queue which made quite a few people to jump to dota.

Deleted
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comme...s_team_secret/

by Valve's rules both Secret and EG have to be in the Open Qualifiers for TI6

10+ Year Old Account
    Fnatic Newbee game 2 pissed me off. They need to nerf the fuck out of creep skipping with illusions. Fnatic played so well, slowly accumulating a lead over the entire game but are never able to press the advantage because Naga Siren basically cheats and can manipulate creep waves with zero drawbacks and Song of the Siren is hilariously fucking overpowered at lvl 3.

Only game I've watched this tournament where I honestly feel like the winners won because they abused broken items/heroes rather than skill.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Liquid pretty solid, gg.

wtb tinker set T_T

i feel so bad for navi, well

and LMAO secret got fucking bulbo i thought reddit was just trolling smh
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a surprise! The 3 apparent best teams in the world before the tournament are in the top 3. OG, Liquid and Newbee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    wtb tinker set T_T

i feel so bad for navi, well

and LMAO secret got fucking bulbo i thought reddit was just trolling smh
    When Universe left Secret, it pretty much meant they had to go through Open Qualifiers. No good offlaner wants to join such a team, except an offlaner that now has no other team

I wonder how many teams knew of Wraith King against the LD bear. OG have either neutered LD or forced Valve to nerf the crit on the bear.

knew what? that you get the creep crit rating vs the bear? works the same against roshan and ancients. same thing with pa dagger

wk is a super good hero